[ROM][ICS][4.0.4][AOKP] Vanilla ICE v2.0 [Aroma][CM9 Kernel](09-05-2012)

Search This thread

Fredericosilva

Jul 26, 2010
Aveiro
Anyone can tell me if this ROM is smooth and fast? I try fallout 4.4 and it is much more slow that endymion, but fallout have kernel 3 and this ROM have CM9 kernel.. Thanks

davos.design

Aug 12, 2008
Touch Key Light

Hi,

I have just installed this rom and its awesome :) Only one problem what I have is the touch keys didnt light up. Any idea?

andreas82

Oct 24, 2006
Bluetooth and ringtones

Any news on bluetooth? (I don't really use it. Only sometimes to transfer files from laptop to phone!)

What is getting me, is that I have the phone ringtone set (through Profiles in Settings), and I have a couple of my contacts set to have their own (different) ringtone, however when they phone it doesn't work! It continues to use the default ringtone.
I like knowing (without looking (useful for when I'm driving)) who is calling so I know if I should answer (via handsfree) or ignore!

andreas82

Oct 24, 2006
Any news on bluetooth? (I don't really use it. Only sometimes to transfer files from laptop to phone!)

Still got a slight problem with bluetooth not working, but as I said previously, I'm not that bothered just now.

What is getting me, is that I have the phone ringtone set (through Profiles in Settings), and I have a couple of my contacts set to have their own (different) ringtone, however when they phone it doesn't work! It continues to use the default ringtone.
I like knowing (without looking (useful for when I'm driving)) who is calling so I know if I should answer (via handsfree) or ignore!

Oooops, my bad! I stupidly set Ring mode to On, in the Phone app group in Profiles. This seems to override all other phone ringtone options. As soon as I altered it to No Override, my custom ringtones started working!

Another question, does anyone know how to alter the Snooze time for calendar entries? It does not seem to match the alarm snooze time (currently set at 10 minutes). This seems to keep alerting me every 5 minutes. Is there a way to alter it to 15 minutes, as it was on the old gingerbread rom?

moh86fci

Oct 16, 2011
I have problem in YouTube every time I open the app it close and say unfortunately YouTube has stopped.
Any idea

Sent from my Desire S using xda app-developers app

toodropuk

Oct 28, 2012
its a good rom but the flash player aint supported in browser even when its says it is , but is not , checked all the browser setings even changed the configuration files in the broweser via root access still nothing , white screen...

DieLyn

Jun 23, 2012
Durban
Samsung Galaxy S10e
How do you correct the inverted camera issue ? Using the stock camera app works fine, but when using Camera MX, its inverted. I have flashed the camera patch that was provided but still does not work. Any ideas ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,
    This is a android 4.0.4 ROM. This rom is fully ported Galaxy Nexus ROM. i will try to fix all the bug you encounter. As i fixed lots of them so all should be fixed.

X447ScUW.png
    T1TN6LIx.png
    ZAbo2R5f.png
    Vrs1f7S1.png
    i2jZKs0t.png
    dfn55kbC.png
    GfT2ngLQ.png
    xaeQ6O1w.png

Rom information

- Engine: Android 4.0.4
    - AOKP M5 Base http://aokp.co/
    - Aroma installer
    - Very Fast
    - Pre-rooted
    - Full init.d Support
    - Framework And SystemUI optimized and Re-Themed
    - Transparent Phone Mod
    - Dual panel mode - Tab Mod
    - Default ICS Camera Video Effects FC fixed, Front Camera Fixed
    - 5 Launcher ( Nova, Apex, GO, ADW, MIUI ) - Optional
    - Notification widgets
    - Zipalinged
    - Insert Busybox
    - Tweaks in Build.prop
    - Best battery life [NO Android OS BUG]
    - HD 720p Video recording
    - FM Radio (with Spirit FM app from play store, select ICSPlus in settings)
    - GPS tweaks.
    - ROM Control
    - Full USB transfer speed.
    - Some Samsung apps
    - Sense Wallpapers

Installation:
    1. DOWNLOAD ZIP
    2. WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET.
    3. WIPE CACHE PARTITION.
    4. FLASH AND THEN REBOOT.

please do not make mirrors. please

Please Wipe Your Data and Cache partition Before install. Otherwise you will have Problem.

Contribute
    A small donation to buy me books for my study will be really appreciated.

Credits:
    Big thanks LorD ClockaN
    TeamKang
    CyanogenTeam
    XDA
    All my users & donators & testers & who helps me
    All guys who works on ICS
    if i forget someone let me know...
    New version added.
    version 2.0
    *added "Kill-all"-button to recent apps - by Rdlgrmpf
    *Sense 4.0 recent apps
    *Dual panel menu - Tab mode
    *added some battery style
    *added lockscreen wallpaper to pattern and pin lc - AOKP
    *fixed mute volume states always being checked - AOKP
    *updated MMS app with emoji icons support
    *added Ukranian keyboard T9
    *added option to disable sound on volume change with volume buttons - CM
    *added new options to mobile data linit - CM
    *added system volume option to Settings/Sound - CM
    *fixed 3D Games starts
    *added Ukranian keyboard T9 LatinIME
    *fixed Browser flash bugs
    *added option to disable sound on volume change with volume buttons
    *removed Trebuchet, Apex as default
    *added added GO, ADW and MIUI Launchers in aroma installer
    *added Adobe Reader and AIR
    *added Spirit FM Free
    *probably forgot somethig + new bugs added :)
    he hasnt done ANYTHING to the rom to make it faster lol. i have looked at all the files in his rom and compared them to nexx rom. NO difference apart from his rom has themed alot and added apps. i am a dev i know. ive looked at ALL files seperatly there's no difference mate

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

i aint having ago im just stating the obvious :D :p

Hi Paul I have noticed that you are quite active recently in Desire S forum.
    I would like to address some words to you if you do not mind.
    First this is not a Nexx ROM (he is developing CM9) only his kernel. This ROM is using AOKP as a base which project belongs to the Team Kang.
    Second - I am agree with you that there is nothing major here, some apps added, big deal but at the end we all here need something to play and this ROM is another alternative to flash.
    I can see that you have started your own projects, made several Guide threads, which is great and I (and probably the rest of the users here) will be more than glad if you continue your development and support instead of trolling around.
    So please keep the negative attitude for sports or something and contribute to the community as much as you can.

Best regards,
    Stefan

EDIT: to OP - sorry for the OFF-topic...
    Can you somehow add Ukrainian (or Russian at least) T9 to the dialer pad? I think there was Russian Dialer T9 in the Virtuous ICS ROMs, can it be ported from there?
    Russian phone keyboard and search added in post #3. Enjoy.
    Added Black and Purple Theme in post #3