Anyway to boost the signal reception on the gs2?

Search This thread

busab

Jun 25, 2010
Greer, SC
I signed up with tmobile about two weeks ago and have had no complaints until now. All of a sudden I am having trouble keeping a constant data connection at my place of business. Idk if its my phone or a problem with the local tower but the signal is all over the place while browsing the web. It looks like a strong signal until I go to use data then it drops to nothing. Last week this wasn't a problem at all.

Any tweeks or hardware I can buy to help remedy this?

My phone is completely stock and I am on the 30/month pre paid plan if that makes a difference.

Are there any better radios out that can be installed maybe?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

AngelxSalazar

Jan 30, 2012
Long Beach
Is WIFI available at your place of business? If you are completely stock I'm assuming you are on GB. If that is the case use the WIFI calling feature offered by T-Mobile. If WIfI is not availiable you can try flashing the Blaze modem it improved my data speeds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

busab

Jun 25, 2010
Greer, SC
Unfortunately WiFi is not available. I will look onto flashing the blaze modem. Thanks!

If ICS is indeed right around the corner will it come with different modems?

AngelxSalazar

Jan 30, 2012
Long Beach
Unfortunately WiFi is not available. I will look onto flashing the blaze modem. Thanks!

If ICS is indeed right around the corner will it come with different modems?

Well hopefully it is right around the corner and we can have the current crop of ICS roms rebased off the T-Mobile S2 stock build and not from our distant cousin AT&T SkyRocket's build. But to be honest I’m not sure if it will or will not but I’m assuming it will as the current set of radios needed to be tweaked to work on current ICS roms. Any who if you want Mr. X has a list of some radios that he has tried and reported working he listed radios for both GB & ICS which I will post a link to his thread below. Try them out and you might just find one that works for you.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426001

busab

Jun 25, 2010
Greer, SC
I called tmobile about what was going on. They said they were going to try to reset my data connection and that I should reboot my phone and of its not fixed in a couple hours then to call them back.

I did this and all is well again! I'm back to a good signal and have not had any data issues in the past couple hours!

Thanks for all your help though it was greatly appreciated!