[Q] 4.29.12 Simon's Sense 3.5v2 ROM stuck on "opening update package"
First off I'd like to preface this by saying that I love having an Android & I am so grateful for the devs out there that put in endless hours of work for the community.
I am a n00b, but have successfully flashed ROMs on various devices... moto backflip, triumph, nook color...
I currently have an HTC Wildfire S on VMUSA.
Here are other stats:
- MARVELC PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
AUG 15 2011,22:34:38
- CWM v18.104.22.168
- 32gb SD CARD [FAT32/EXT-2 VIA MINI PARTITION TOOL ON WIN7]
- MAC OSX LION
- WINDOWS 7 [VIA PARALLELS]
Attempted the following:
- wipe data/factory reset in CWM
- wipe dalvik cache
- ran SuperWipeMarvelcEdition.zip (completed successfully)
- then tried to install "simonsense3.5v.2.zip" and the following happens:
Finding update package...
Opening update package... (it will either hang here or...)
Installing update..." (it will hang here and then reboot itself into CWM recovery)
I tried flashing simon's v.1 of this ROM a few weeks ago and gave up because I couldn't get it to work and it took me many tries to get it back to the stock ROM. I tried searching on the forums for any issues like mine but haven't found any, and I tried all of the recommendations I could find.
Please let me know if you need any additional information!
Thanks so much!!