Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[HOW TO] change boot logo (not animation)

OP lkrasner

4th May 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brighton, MI
Thanks Meter: 593
 
1,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojitabe

Will this method brick my phone if i fail?
Wish someone post the tutorial on youtube,so it will be more clear for me.
Why you don't post this on development forum?
Thanks

You should be fine even if you screw it up badly, as long as you type the the right fastboot command. don't try to flash this over system or something. even if it does go wrong, your logo would just be bad, and you could flash the default one that is included in all the fxz downloads floating around. this is a very simple tweak, so there is not much risk. worst case, you flash back to stock with the fxz and you are totally normal, but I see no reason that would have to happen. the development forum is more for advanced stuff like rom development
18th June 2012, 01:25 AM   |  #12  
hankbizzo5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ct,Eastern
Thanks Meter: 190
 
499 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Finally got around to trying this looks awesome..... I got the boot animation where Andy zaps the apple fits perfect.....
18th June 2012, 08:12 AM   |  #13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrasner

I asked this here yesterday and got some good responces, so thank you, I then figured out how to do it, and was shocked at how easy it was. This is the logo I set now.
here is the bin file to flash if you like mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yye2cnbezuwwxcu/logo.bin Below are the steps to create your own super easily. If anyone does not have photoshop, feel free to pm me your image and i'll do the tweaks so you can flash it.

1. create a 540X540 image
2. merge into 1 layer
3. go to the channel mixer (image > adjustments > channel mixer)
4.select red output channel and change the red value to 0 and the blue value to 100
5. select the blue channel and change red to 100 and blue to 0
6. hit OK, note that the colors will look weird now, but will show correctly on the phone
7. save image with .raw extension
8. rename the output file to logo.bin
9. to make things easier, move it to the same folder as fastboot so that you will not have to type directory names, or you can type out the whole directory.
10. turn off your phone and turn on while holding both volume buttons, chose AP fastboot
11. open a command window in the same folder as fastboot and type

Code:
fastboot flash logo.bin logo.bin
it will take a second or two, then when it succeeds, reboot to see your new logo!

will this remove Rethink possible logo which comes after dipping M logo.
18th June 2012, 01:51 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brighton, MI
Thanks Meter: 593
 
1,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
no. that is the boot animation. this only gets rid of the boot logo which is the solid m. you can easily change the animation.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
16th October 2012, 05:42 AM   |  #15  
hotboyray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrasner

I asked this here yesterday and got some good responces, so thank you, I then figured out how to do it, and was shocked at how easy it was. This is the logo I set now.
here is the bin file to flash if you like mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yye2cnbezuwwxcu/logo.bin Below are the steps to create your own super easily. If anyone does not have photoshop, feel free to pm me your image and i'll do the tweaks so you can flash it.

1. create a 540X540 image
2. merge into 1 layer
3. go to the channel mixer (image > adjustments > channel mixer)
4.select red output channel and change the red value to 0 and the blue value to 100
5. select the blue channel and change red to 100 and blue to 0
6. hit OK, note that the colors will look weird now, but will show correctly on the phone
7. save image with .raw extension
8. rename the output file to logo.bin
9. to make things easier, move it to the same folder as fastboot so that you will not have to type directory names, or you can type out the whole directory.
10. turn off your phone and turn on while holding both volume buttons, chose AP fastboot
11. open a command window in the same folder as fastboot and type

Code:
fastboot flash logo.bin logo.bin
it will take a second or two, then when it succeeds, reboot to see your new logo!

, i did the the other steps though
can you explain step 9.. i dont get it
16th October 2012, 05:46 AM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 116
 
440 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboyray

, i did the the other steps though
can you explain step 9.. i dont get it

If you put the file in the same folder as fastboot you can just type in the filename instead of typing out a long path to another folder.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
16th October 2012, 05:50 AM   |  #17  
hotboyray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyfer

If you put the file in the same folder as fastboot you can just type in the filename instead of typing out a long path to another folder.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Im not sure where the fastboot folder is located... also i dont get what im supposed to be typing in
16th October 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #18  
beekay201's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,139
 
4,725 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Thanks op.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboyray

Im not sure where the fastboot folder is located... also i dont get what im supposed to be typing in

*facepalm*

You should know, its your computer.

Sent from my i9250
17th October 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #19  
hotboyray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Well I'm sorry I don't know...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyfer

If you put the file in the same folder as fastboot you can just type in the filename instead of typing out a long path to another folder.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

ok i found the folder, i dont get what to do now... i have my device in fastboot mode... i just dont know what to do now
17th October 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brighton, MI
Thanks Meter: 593
 
1,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboyray

Well I'm sorry I don't know...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------



ok i found the folder, i dont get what to do now... i have my device in fastboot mode... i just dont know what to do now

You are simply flashing it with fastboot. If you are gonna do this stuff, I would recommend you get familiar with fastboot and working with command line in general.

Anyways, just open a command prompt window in the same folder as fastboot and type fastboot flash logo.bin "name of your image.bin"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot logo, howto, logo
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes