Yesterday I was trying to root my wife's HTC Sensation which I upgraded to Official Middle East ICS 4.0.3 hboot 1.27.000 and I found this way by pure luck-----
I installed CMW and did the rooting while the device is S-ON
I'm not sure if this is a new method or was done before but I thought I'd share it to return some of your favors in this great forum.
I need to thank Mr.hasoon2000 because we will use his tol from the HTC One X forum.
1. Download the HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 from this link, Thanks Mr.hasoon2000 I hope you don't mind me using your tool here.
2. Download the latest CMW recovery , choose the latest for Pyramid (The Sensation) in *.img. Here is the CMW 184.108.40.206 link.
3. Download SuperSU 0.88.zip, thanks Mr.Chainfire or from this link [23.04.2012] SuperSU v0.88.
Step By Step Method:
1. Copy the SupperSU.zip file to your SD root.
2. Extract the HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 to the Disktop.
3. Connect your Mobile and make sure you're in the charging mood and your check USB development or debugging option.
4. Run the One X.exe application.
5. Install the HTC drivers.
****If you unlocked your Sensation's bootloader from HTCdev.com then skip step 6 ****
6. Register in HTCdev.com website, choose Unlock Bootloader, choose your device and follow the instructions. ~This May Void your Warranty~
7. Rename the CWM recovery to CWM5827, then copy it to HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit folder/Data folder/recoveries and replace the one inside.
8. Flush the CWM recovery using the toolkit, horray you installed CWM.
9. From Commands choose Boot into recovery and from CWM flush the SuperSU.zip.
10. Congratulations, You're Now ROOTED .
Note: Sorry for My Bad English.