Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,309 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] How To Root Rogers HTC One X Qualcomm S4 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

Tip us?
 
mrvirginia
Old
#21  
mrvirginia's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,606
Posts: 4,174
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
very surprising that some ATT users are getting their phones yet no comments from them yet. gonna try to find time this weekend to root mine.
Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 running VirginROM / Apollyon
MotoX XT1053 running personal dev build
Kahvitahra's mods || SGS2 GingerWay_BlueOcean Theme || GNex battery mod thread || S3 Virgin Theme

 
sk806
Old
#22  
sk806's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,427
Posts: 1,957
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rye, New York
Default Partitions

Can someone with an Rogers/ATT please confirm these partitions/sizes. I am about to build the port CWM recovery and want to double check, but have no device...

mmcblk0p23: 000ffa00 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p22: 00fffe00 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p21: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p33: 67fffc00 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p30: 00140200 00000200 "local"
mmcblk0p34: 0ffffe00 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p35: 97fffe00 00000200 "userdata"
mmcblk0p26: 01400000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p28: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p36: 27be00000 00000200 "fat"
mmcblk0p31: 00010000 00000200 "extra"
mmcblk0p17: 02d00000 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p18: 00a00000 00000200 "adsp"
mmcblk0p16: 00100000 00000200 "dsps"
mmcblk0p19: 00500000 00000200 "wcnss"
mmcblk0p20: 007ffa00 00000200 "radio_config"
mmcblk0p24: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st1"
mmcblk0p25: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st2"


Thanks.

Steve
If you like my work, please hit the thanks button....!

MY ROMS:
Magnolia 1.0 for Inc 1
Magnolia 2.0 for Inc 2
Magnolia 3.0 for Rezound (coming soon...)
Magnolia Tab for Galaxy 7.7
Tweaked Stock ROM for Galaxy Tab 7.7
Magnolia X for HTC One X

My Mods
6-signal Signal Bar for HTC Thunderbolt
Power Widgets for Thunderbolt
Quick Settings for Sense 2.1 Inc 2 Roms
Rosie Remaps/ordering for Thunderbolt
Probably more I can't remember....
 
cmaxwe
Old
#23  
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jun 2010
I have the phone but don't know how to get a dump of my partition sizes from ADB?

Let me know and I will do it for you.
 
sk806
Old
#24  
sk806's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,427
Posts: 1,957
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rye, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaxwe View Post
I have the phone but don't know how to get a dump of my partition sizes from ADB?

Let me know and I will do it for you.
adb shell
cat /proc/emmc

Lemme know if that works. Thanks.
Steve
If you like my work, please hit the thanks button....!

MY ROMS:
Magnolia 1.0 for Inc 1
Magnolia 2.0 for Inc 2
Magnolia 3.0 for Rezound (coming soon...)
Magnolia Tab for Galaxy 7.7
Tweaked Stock ROM for Galaxy Tab 7.7
Magnolia X for HTC One X

My Mods
6-signal Signal Bar for HTC Thunderbolt
Power Widgets for Thunderbolt
Quick Settings for Sense 2.1 Inc 2 Roms
Rosie Remaps/ordering for Thunderbolt
Probably more I can't remember....
 
ohcanada
Old
#25  
Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 98
Join Date: Sep 2009
this is my friend's rogers one x print out

shell@android:/ $ cat /proc/emmc
cat /proc/emmc
dev: size erasesize name
mmcblk0p23: 000ffa00 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p22: 00fffe00 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p21: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p33: 67fffc00 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p30: 00140200 00000200 "local"
mmcblk0p34: 0ffffe00 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p35: 97fffe00 00000200 "userdata"
mmcblk0p26: 01400000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p28: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p36: 27be00000 00000200 "fat"
mmcblk0p31: 00010000 00000200 "extra"
mmcblk0p17: 02d00000 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p18: 00a00000 00000200 "adsp"
mmcblk0p16: 00100000 00000200 "dsps"
mmcblk0p19: 00500000 00000200 "wcnss"
mmcblk0p20: 007ffa00 00000200 "radio_config"
mmcblk0p24: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st1"
mmcblk0p25: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st2"


Here's mount:

shell@android:/ $ mount
mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p33 /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p35 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data =ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p34 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data =ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 /devlog ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data =ordered 0 0
/sys/kernel/debug /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 /firmware_radio vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=cp437,iocharset=i
so8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 /firmware_q6 vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8
859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 /firmware_wcnss vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=cp437,iocharset=i
so8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /data/secure/data tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
DxDrmServerIpc /data/DxDrm/fuse fuse.DxDrmServerIpc rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allo w_other 0 0
htcfs /data/htcfs fuse.htcfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allo w_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:36 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,g id=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,
allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:36 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,g id=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=
0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso 8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.spryfox.tripletown-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=02 22,dmask=0222,
codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
 
awryter
Old
#26  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 81
Join Date: Mar 2010
dev: size erasesize name
mmcblk0p23: 000ffa00 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p22: 00fffe00 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p21: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p33: 67fffc00 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p30: 00140200 00000200 "local"
mmcblk0p34: 0ffffe00 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p35: 97fffe00 00000200 "userdata"
mmcblk0p26: 01400000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p28: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p36: 27be00000 00000200 "fat"
mmcblk0p31: 00010000 00000200 "extra"
mmcblk0p17: 02d00000 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p18: 00a00000 00000200 "adsp"
mmcblk0p16: 00100000 00000200 "dsps"
mmcblk0p19: 00500000 00000200 "wcnss"
mmcblk0p20: 007ffa00 00000200 "radio_config"
mmcblk0p24: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st1"
mmcblk0p25: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st2"
 
sk806
Old
#27  
sk806's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,427
Posts: 1,957
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rye, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcanada View Post
this is my friend's rogers one x print out

shell@android:/ $ cat /proc/emmc
cat /proc/emmc
dev: size erasesize name
mmcblk0p23: 000ffa00 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p22: 00fffe00 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p21: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p33: 67fffc00 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p30: 00140200 00000200 "local"
mmcblk0p34: 0ffffe00 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p35: 97fffe00 00000200 "userdata"
mmcblk0p26: 01400000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p28: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p36: 27be00000 00000200 "fat"
mmcblk0p31: 00010000 00000200 "extra"
mmcblk0p17: 02d00000 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p18: 00a00000 00000200 "adsp"
mmcblk0p16: 00100000 00000200 "dsps"
mmcblk0p19: 00500000 00000200 "wcnss"
mmcblk0p20: 007ffa00 00000200 "radio_config"
mmcblk0p24: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st1"
mmcblk0p25: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st2"


Here's mount:

shell@android:/ $ mount
mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p33 /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p35 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data =ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p34 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data =ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 /devlog ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data =ordered 0 0
/sys/kernel/debug /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 /firmware_radio vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=cp437,iocharset=i
so8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 /firmware_q6 vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8
859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 /firmware_wcnss vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=cp437,iocharset=i
so8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /data/secure/data tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
DxDrmServerIpc /data/DxDrm/fuse fuse.DxDrmServerIpc rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allo w_other 0 0
htcfs /data/htcfs fuse.htcfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allo w_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:36 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,g id=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,
allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:36 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,g id=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=
0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso 8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.spryfox.tripletown-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=02 22,dmask=0222,
codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by awryter View Post
dev: size erasesize name
mmcblk0p23: 000ffa00 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p22: 00fffe00 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p21: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p33: 67fffc00 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p30: 00140200 00000200 "local"
mmcblk0p34: 0ffffe00 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p35: 97fffe00 00000200 "userdata"
mmcblk0p26: 01400000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p28: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p36: 27be00000 00000200 "fat"
mmcblk0p31: 00010000 00000200 "extra"
mmcblk0p17: 02d00000 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p18: 00a00000 00000200 "adsp"
mmcblk0p16: 00100000 00000200 "dsps"
mmcblk0p19: 00500000 00000200 "wcnss"
mmcblk0p20: 007ffa00 00000200 "radio_config"
mmcblk0p24: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st1"
mmcblk0p25: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st2"
Excellent. Thanks.

Now I'm gonna finish up the BoardConfig.mk and build this thing...
If you like my work, please hit the thanks button....!

MY ROMS:
Magnolia 1.0 for Inc 1
Magnolia 2.0 for Inc 2
Magnolia 3.0 for Rezound (coming soon...)
Magnolia Tab for Galaxy 7.7
Tweaked Stock ROM for Galaxy Tab 7.7
Magnolia X for HTC One X

My Mods
6-signal Signal Bar for HTC Thunderbolt
Power Widgets for Thunderbolt
Quick Settings for Sense 2.1 Inc 2 Roms
Rosie Remaps/ordering for Thunderbolt
Probably more I can't remember....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sk806 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cmaxwe
Old
#28  
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 80
Join Date: Jun 2010
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2861690/2012-05-03_15-07-36.png
 
JSLEnterprises
Old
#29  
JSLEnterprises's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,342
Posts: 1,330
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hamilton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk806 View Post
Can someone with an Rogers/ATT please confirm these partitions/sizes. I am about to build the port CWM recovery and want to double check, but have no device...

Thanks.

Steve

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=27

And I confirm this to be accurate.

Edit: and I didn't check to see a page 3. lol. Disregard.
 
sk806
Old
#30  
sk806's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,427
Posts: 1,957
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rye, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSLEnterprises View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=27

And I confirm this to be accurate.

Edit: and I didn't check to see a page 3. lol. Disregard.
No worries. Now all I need is a phone to test this out on...Should have it tomorrow and hopefully release to brave testers as soon as it checks out on my One X. I don't want anyone else to try it out until I do, as I would MUCH rather that it be my device that gets F'd up, if that happens (don't think so...).
If you like my work, please hit the thanks button....!

MY ROMS:
Magnolia 1.0 for Inc 1
Magnolia 2.0 for Inc 2
Magnolia 3.0 for Rezound (coming soon...)
Magnolia Tab for Galaxy 7.7
Tweaked Stock ROM for Galaxy Tab 7.7
Magnolia X for HTC One X

My Mods
6-signal Signal Bar for HTC Thunderbolt
Power Widgets for Thunderbolt
Quick Settings for Sense 2.1 Inc 2 Roms
Rosie Remaps/ordering for Thunderbolt
Probably more I can't remember....

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes