FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Where is the One X's ambient light sensor?

220 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By Supaiku, Senior Member on 3rd May 2012, 02:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone know?

3rd May 2012, 02:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Left of the HTC logo above the screen. It is also where the proximity sensor is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiersten For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 02:29 PM |#3  
Flag Chelsea
Thanks Meter: 123

Donate to Me
More
If you call someone, take a look at the front of your phone. You will see a steady red glow from the top left of your screen, this is where the proximity and ambient light sensor are housed.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaaystott For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 03:13 PM |#4  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 194

More
It helps if you angle the phone, you can see that there is almost like a rectangle hole in the paint behind the glass

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to adamgaltress For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 05:02 PM |#5  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 101

More
If you want to easily see it, enable Face Unlock, then try to unlock your phone in complete darkness, you will see that little red light comes on to the left of HTC logo.
5th May 2012, 03:22 AM |#6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 46

More
That light seems to be permanently on after I had a viber call. Any ways to turn it off

Edit.: the cause was NotifierPro. Fixed it.
Last edited by Lawliet; 5th May 2012 at 03:34 AM.
19th May 2012, 09:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawliet

That light seems to be permanently on after I had a viber call. Any ways to turn it off

Edit.: the cause was NotifierPro. Fixed it.

This helped me out as my light was constantly on too. do you know why that is though?
19th May 2012, 10:14 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 379

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdude_1

This helped me out as my light was constantly on too. do you know why that is though?

"settings --> display and gestures --> sleep" and there you can set the time for turning off the display
19th May 2012, 11:24 AM |#9  
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schriss

If you want to easily see it, enable Face Unlock, then try to unlock your phone in complete darkness, you will see that little red light comes on to the left of HTC logo.

Face Unlock?Do we have something like that on HOX?
19th May 2012, 03:54 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Indeed.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
13th April 2014, 11:00 AM |#11  
Flag Tirane
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Cool HTC One X sensors
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaystott

If you call someone, take a look at the front of your phone. You will see a steady red glow from the top left of your screen, this is where the proximity and ambient light sensor are housed.

Dear Sir!
Do you mean the sensor activated during a phone call? My HTC one X last time has an abnormal behavior when I place a phone call. Normally when you move the phone away of hear it should turn on the screen back light so you are able to hang up the phone call. But my phone still be black after moving away from the hear so I need to push power button to activate the screen back-light and than hang up the phone call. Could somebody help me out on this issue? Any kind of help shall be much appreciated.
Best regards
Fredi

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread