Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] ardatdat kernel v1.7b1 & b2 beta released [CWM] (2012-05-02)

Tip us?
 
ardatdat
Old
#11  
ardatdat's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1671
Posts: 783
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Travel around; but XDA x24

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownzD View Post
btw I have another performance boost for your kernel build.

Check here for more info :
https://github.com/UnknownzD/I9103_X...6a62150434c5a9

You need to add the following things to KBUILD_CFLAGS
-O2 -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mcpu=cortex-a9 -D__ARM_ARCH_7__ -D__ARM_ARCH_7A__ -D__VFP_FP__ -D__ARM_HAVE_VFP -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=vfpv3-d16

That will boost the performance as generating the best code for our device. For example, enabling hardware floating point calculation is already a boost for our device because it is not enabled by default.
Thanks! That's great


Feel free to buy me a beer by clicking the 'donate' button

My github: https://github.com/ardatdat/

My kernels in dropbox: Dropbox

Google Nexus 5
Android 4.4.2 + TWRP

Galaxy Note 2

Galaxy R (i9103)
My OC kernel (1.3G) + CWM
My kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1848677


Nexus One
ROM: My custom Gingerbread ROM
Kernel: PureGinger Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to ardatdat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
UnknownzD
Old
(Last edited by UnknownzD; 3rd May 2012 at 06:42 PM.)
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 388
Posts: 224
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardatdat View Post
Even if it could be enabled, there is one great feature of "off-machine" alarm in Chinese based ROM only. This feature allows you to set an alarm and then you shutdown your phone (while keeping your cable charging the phone). Just before 2 minutes before the alarm, the phone will be turned on automatically and the alarm will ring!

For example, the time now is 10:00, you set an alarm at 10:10 and you turn off your phone. At around 10:08, the phone will boot up automatically! And the alarm rings precisely at 10:00!

You can try that feature using Chinese based ROM such as ZCKK1, ZCLA1, ZCLD3, ZCLD4, etc... Thanks
well I will try to port that off-machine alarm to XW build later Now I need to head off for making my own ROM with specific build.prop and init script that can boost performance as I don't want to see two people working on 2 'different' kernel with same patches (wasted too much resources and those users are hard to follow).

I have actually made a ROM for I9003 before with a OC kernel which has boosted the performance better than the I9000. However I didn't release it on the xda as I have found that the I9003 forum is like a mess. And I am going to make all those patches I have made for I9003 ROM back to I9103 ROM so that further boost the android VM performance.

btw after 4~6 full days of work (I have made all my kernels and findings in these days), I need to head off for playing some games now

btw, watch out the SGS3 live stream boardcast as well!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UnknownzD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ardatdat
Old
#13  
ardatdat's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1671
Posts: 783
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Travel around; but XDA x24

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownzD View Post
well I will try to port that off-machine alarm to XW build later Now I need to head off for making my own ROM with specific build.prop and init script that can boost performance as I don't want to see two people working on 2 'different' kernel with same patches (wasted too much resources and those users are hard to follow).

I have actually made a ROM for I9003 before with a OC kernel which has boosted the performance better than the I9000. However I didn't release it on the xda as I have found that the I9003 forum is like a mess. And I am going to make all those patches I have made for I9003 ROM back to I9103 ROM so that further boost the android VM performance.

btw after 4~6 full days of work (I have made all my kernels and findings in these days), I need to head off for playing some games now

btw, watch out the SGS3 live stream boardcast as well!
YES! I am waiting for the live broadcast, haha, same as you!

By the way, the kernel source has been organized (by merging some similar commits & re-ordering) and just pushed to github!

You may find it here:
https://github.com/ardatdat/GalaxyR-...a4-1.3G-voodoo


Feel free to buy me a beer by clicking the 'donate' button

My github: https://github.com/ardatdat/

My kernels in dropbox: Dropbox

Google Nexus 5
Android 4.4.2 + TWRP

Galaxy Note 2

Galaxy R (i9103)
My OC kernel (1.3G) + CWM
My kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1848677


Nexus One
ROM: My custom Gingerbread ROM
Kernel: PureGinger Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to ardatdat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
UnknownzD
Old
(Last edited by UnknownzD; 4th May 2012 at 11:42 AM.)
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 388
Posts: 224
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardatdat View Post
YES! I am waiting for the live broadcast, haha, same as you!

By the way, the kernel source has been organized (by merging some similar commits & re-ordering) and just pushed to github!

You may find it here:
https://github.com/ardatdat/GalaxyR-...a4-1.3G-voodoo
Well Samsung Galaxy S3 has nothing special after all, except for the wireless charger + quad core CPU

All those other technologies they made on the phone are already mentioned or developed for other devices already.

For example, the pre-capture thing and best photo technology were used in camera like Nikon J1.

Edited : Okay, I have chosen to take back what I said above just because the SGS3 gets a wolfson chipset WM1811 (although it is not good as the WM8994 used in our phone), however WM1811 should still shine for better audio output as well as getting the next version of voodoo sound, Kaudio kernel module. Read more about the difference between WM1811 and WM8994, and follow supercurio post there :
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/audio_hubs/ (Comparison chart)
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/audio_hubs/WM1811/
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/audio_hubs/WM8994/
http://twitter.com/#!/supercurio
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UnknownzD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
s4sixty
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 147
Join Date: Apr 2007
Kernal looks and works great.
But how do u enable Voodoo ??
HTC Magic 32A 2.3.7 Cyanogen 7.1 Custom Rom Nov 09 - June 12
Samsung Galaxy R 9103 2.3.5 Rooted Stock Rom Nov 11 - June 12
Barnes & Noble Nook Color Phiremod 7.2 Jan 12 - Present
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Rooted Stock 4.0.4 w/SpeedMod ICS Kernel n CWM June 12 - Present
 
UnknownzD
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 388
Posts: 224
Join Date: Oct 2011
It is enabled by default in the kernel already, just plug in a headphone to listen the difference plx. Btw check my kernel thread for the voodoo sound apk if you want to chech whether voodoo is enabled or not.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnknownzD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
esteras
Old
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 228
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownzD View Post
It is enabled by default in the kernel already, just plug in a headphone to listen the difference plx. Btw check my kernel thread for the voodoo sound apk if you want to chech whether voodoo is enabled or not.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA
Testing this kernel, awesome sound with earphones!!!!!!

This is the link to the Voodoo sound apk for config some things:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=45

Thanks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to esteras For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
s4sixty
Old
#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 147
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteras View Post
Testing this kernel, awesome sound with earphones!!!!!!

This is the link to the Voodoo sound apk for config some things:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=45

Thanks.
Thanks for link to the app.
NOW i can HEAR the difference.

Thanks to UnknownzD, artdatdat and u.
HTC Magic 32A 2.3.7 Cyanogen 7.1 Custom Rom Nov 09 - June 12
Samsung Galaxy R 9103 2.3.5 Rooted Stock Rom Nov 11 - June 12
Barnes & Noble Nook Color Phiremod 7.2 Jan 12 - Present
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Rooted Stock 4.0.4 w/SpeedMod ICS Kernel n CWM June 12 - Present
 
coolcorner
Old
#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jan 2012
I do see that there is a great difference in the amplifier for the headphones. Great work guys, Thanks a ton.

However, the Bass Boost does not seem to be working, I do not hear any difference, am I missing anything here?!!

Cheers!
 
UnknownzD
Old
#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 388
Posts: 224
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcorner View Post
I do see that there is a great difference in the amplifier for the headphones. Great work guys, Thanks a ton.

However, the Bass Boost does not seem to be working, I do not hear any difference, am I missing anything here?!!

Cheers!
I will check whether the bass boost works or not with my high-end earbud, so if that occurs I will make some patches and test in my kernel and then make a pull request to ardatdat kernel to fix the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to UnknownzD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes