FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Liveview with arc s

1,257 posts
Thanks Meter: 62

By rkanwar, Senior Member on 3rd May 2012, 07:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys I have an lt18i and I have my liveview connected successfully. What it is ive installed plugins but my liveview and liveview application doesnt pick up the plugins. Says there are none installed. By the way I have ics.

Also liveware manager refuses to install or update. Says something but unsigned file

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

4th May 2012, 12:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi,

U are not the only who has this issue. Sony is still looking for the solution.
If you root the phone and delete the liveware app after that download the newest, it would work without problems.
Otherwise there is no official solution yet.
I went to a repair centre and they downgraded to gb from ics because I couldn't use my smartwatch...

Sent from my LT18i using XDA
4th May 2012, 12:45 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
4th May 2012, 07:44 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Bromwich

More
Thanks. I did uninstall the liveware app then tried installing.via the play store but I had no luck. Gives me an error.

Edit: it worked now it wouldnt work yesterday

4th May 2012, 02:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile
Move App from SD-card ...to.... Memory
4th May 2012, 09:43 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Bromwich

More
Damn that is a bugger though. It wouldve been nice to have the plugins

5th May 2012, 03:11 PM |#7  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I'm considering getting a LiveView watch off ebay, and was wondering if it's compatible with ICS. Now I've seen this thread I might bite the bullet and get one for 19.95 they seem a bargain.

Roland

5th May 2012, 07:11 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Bromwich

More
That is cheap. It is compatible but so far none of the plugins seems to compatible with ics on any ics device due to the liveview application so its from sonys side. But its still useful. Ive been getting texts which ive been checking during my training at work.

16th May 2012, 03:59 PM |#9  
Flag Sheffield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisqoboy

Hi,

U are not the only who has this issue. Sony is still looking for the solution.
If you root the phone and delete the liveware app after that download the newest, it would work without problems.
Otherwise there is no official solution yet.
I went to a repair centre and they downgraded to gb from ics because I couldn't use my smartwatch...

The easiest way is to root then use link to sd to convert LiveWare Manager to a user app, update from Play Store then convert back to a System app. That's what I did, mow just waiting for my LiveView to get delivered by Mail Man.

Roland

19th May 2012, 03:29 PM |#10  
Flag Sheffield

More
Does the LiveView Calendar work with ICS or is it only Gingerbread & lower that can connect with the Calendar?

Roland

19th May 2012, 05:56 PM |#11  
Flag Sheffield

More
I've been using my LiveView with my Arc S since I fully charged it, and with the LiveView Charm app installed and started on the Arc S I've only had connection dropouts when I've strayed to far away from my phone. The lack of compatability with ICS on the Plugin front is a pain, but since the LiveView has a decent digital Watch screensaver and as far as I can tell all the stock Plugins that come with the LiveView work, I know to the All events tile, Text messages tile, Facebook tile & Find phone tile works. Not too sure about the Missed calls tile as I've not had any missed walls since I've been using the LiveView, the only tile that doesn't seem to be working is the Calendar tile.

Roland

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread