Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Planning to unlock your AT&T HTC One X bootloader? Think again!

OP paulobrien

9th May 2012, 02:00 AM   |  #261  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Signed!!
9th May 2012, 02:09 AM   |  #262  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 225

1,311 posts
as an Atrix owner... let me tell you that signing a petition will not do anything. name the last successful bootloader unlock petition.

someone at XDA will figure it out. i'm eager for this phone when that moment happens.
9th May 2012, 02:23 AM   |  #263  
Flag Lihue
Thanks Meter: 64

444 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLo GSR

as an Atrix owner... let me tell you that signing a petition will not do anything. name the last successful bootloader unlock petition.

someone at XDA will figure it out. i'm eager for this phone when that moment happens.

No harm in trying. Same carrier, different company. Might make a difference.
9th May 2012, 02:53 AM   |  #264  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,298

13,986 posts
More
Quote:

Last successful petition? One year ago. After Sensation came with locked bootloader.
Just keep pushing it guys, with enough pressure they'll do it. Mass returns would be the best thing. Also, try to organise returns on some particular day, and announce it on their pages. Then numbers will be a lot higher and more proving the point. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium
9th May 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #265  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Signed. I was an Atrix owner so I know how bad it gets without a bootloader unlock. I hope they unlock it soon I can't even return the phone since I did an exchange from a Nokia Lumia 900.
9th May 2012, 03:32 AM   |  #266  
Flag Lafayette, La
Thanks Meter: 120

558 posts
More
Quote:

Worked with the vivid

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
9th May 2012, 03:51 AM   |  #267  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Atrix
Quote:

Also coming from the Atrix here... TBH it seemed to me like the leak that had the unlockable bootloader probably came from Motorola because of the bad PR. Of course the great devs working on the Atrix had to find it but a leak that can be unlocked (but never went official) just seems fishy to me. xD
9th May 2012, 03:57 AM   |  #268  
Thanks Meter: 2

72 posts
I am an idiot for buying this phone on an impulse without knowing what locked bootloader meant.

I will return the phone tomorrow. It cost me 35 dollars but I am not going to use Android without root.

I signed the petition but we really should not buy this phone.
9th May 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #269  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 447

1,169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfrtblynmb

I am an idiot for buying this phone on an impulse without knowing what locked bootloader meant.

I will return the phone tomorrow. It cost me 35 dollars but I am not going to use Android without root.

I signed the petition but we really should not buy this phone.

At least wait the 30 days out.

Also when you return it, only give them the phone. The charger / cable / box / manual has some resale value.

Might as well get your 35 worth
9th May 2012, 04:27 AM   |  #270  
Flag Jacksonvillle
Thanks Meter: 129

825 posts
More
Well...I'm not as pissed with At&t...they just lit me up with Lte...

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread