[GUIDE] Simple method to return AT&T Galaxy Note to full stock.
Hey guys, I saw someone asking in an old thread I made if it was possible to go back to full stock ROM with stock recovery and 0 on the flash counter. Having done this myself last week, and having to grab info from multiple sources to accomplish it, I figured I would throw together a simple guide to help others (and myself in the future).
Things you will need to download:
- Da_G's stock system, kernel and recovery. File can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1506330
- braway's latest Odin flashable clockwork recovery found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1584576
- braway's Odin flashable flash counter reset found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569206
- and of course Odin found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1304094576
Ok, so now we have everything we need. This guide assumes you have drivers installed and have adb working. If not, google is your friend.
- Fire up Odin and boot your phone into download mode. This is done by simultaneously holding the power button and volume down until the screen goes black, then release the power button while still holding volume down. When prompted press volume up to enter download mode.
- Extract Da_G's pda-odin-att-stock.rar. We now have pda-odin-att-stock.tar.
- Now in Odin, make sure the only thing checked is Auto Reboot. Click the PDA button and select pda-odin-att-stock.tar. Click the start button.
- Once phone has rebooted, let the phone settle for a couple minutes then reboot it back into download mode. (volume down + power). Now click the PDA button again and this time select the Odin flashable clockwork recovery file (ex. cwm-touch-i717-120414.tar.md5). Click start.
- Once the phone has rebooted and stabilized, drop the flash counter reset file onto your sd-card, then reboot into recovery by holding volume up + volume down + power. When screen goes black, release power button and wait for clockwork to show. Flash the flash counter reset, then reboot the phone.
Now for the hard (and risky, SO READ CARFULLY)
part, we have to get stock recovery back on our phones without tripping the flash counter. (thanks again to braway)
- Take the stock tar we flashed earlier (pda-odin-att-stock.tar) and extract that file. Take recovery.img and put it on your sd-card (I put it on the internal and external sd-card just to be sure). Reboot the phone into recovery (volume up+down+power). Go to mounts and storage, then mount the sd-card.
- Issue the following adb command. I SUGGEST YOU COPY AND PASTE IT, IF YOU TYPE IT WRONG YOU WILL HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE.
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22
And that's it folks. We now have a fully stock ROM, kernel, and recovery with 0 on the flash counter. If anyone has any comments or a way to further simplify this process please comment below and I will incorporate it into the guide. Good luck and always read the instructions twice.
This guide was made possible by people much smarter than I am, namely braway and Da_G. If you want to properly thank these guys I suggest dropping a couple bucks in their donation boxes:
Da_G donation link.
braway donation link.