[ FLASH ] Motorola Razr Flash Failure [ Solution ]

Search This thread

hacker812c

Mar 28, 2012
Salvador🇧🇷
[FLASH] Motorola Razr Flash Failure [Solution]
[FLASH] Flash failure - Razr [Fix]
So guys, this will be very usefull!

Friends who are experiencing this annoying problem here is the solution.
Whenever he would call my Razr was falling in AP mode Fastboot.

The Device Error LOCKED. Status Code: 0 "
"Fastoboot AP mode (S) (Flash Failure)
QA.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device to LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable "

To resolve this problem follow the steps below:

[TUTORIAL]
1. Download the empty_radio.img
2. Turn off the Razr
3. Power On the Razr and select Fastboot Mode AP
4. Open the command prompt CMD
5. Go to the folder where the radio is empty
6. Make flash the radio with the following command and then type "fastboot reboot"
7. Rest assured I tested on my Razr this command does not erase the radio
8. This command will only restart the fastboot
9. Now then turn off the Razr holding vol - and power
10. Plug the Razr holding vol + vol - and power and have it start normally
11. Now restart the fastboot screen will not show more ...

fastboot flash radio empty_radio.img
fastboot reboot

[RADIO]
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?00gtb84yemfolp3

Last edited:

whirleyes

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2007
github.com
Opening the back cover will destroy the waterproof seal! Seriously you don't want to do this. There's an easy method.

AFAIK, most of the time this error appears on unsuccessful fastboot command. For example, you can get this error by running this command
Code:
fastboot boot boot.img
It will spit Info Command restricted! then you'll get this "Flash Failure" error on every boot up.
To clear it ,all you need is to do a successful fastboot command. Assuming you don't do something like
Code:
fastboot erase xxxx
then there's no need to do full flash. The simplest way I know is to do
Code:
fastboot restart
It seems this command write to the cache partition(unsigned) & trigger recovery mode.
Once in recovery, Press Vol-Up & Vol-Down simultaneously.
Then select reboot now.

Hope I'm clear & it help somebody.

Attached is the empty_radio file. (There's nothing inside, just ext3 partition with empty recovery folder)

Attachments

• empty_radio.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 6,356

bahathir

Feb 14, 2010
Simply flash radio.img which has the same baseband version or other ROMs. Upon a successful flashing, the 'Flash failure'error message will be cleared.

Good luck

Sent from my XT910 using XDA

doenis

Oct 26, 2006
Opening the back cover will destroy the waterproof seal! Seriously you don't want to do this. There's an easy method.

AFAIK, most of the time this error appears on unsuccessful fastboot command. For example, you can get this error by running this command
Code:
fastboot boot boot.img
It will spit Info Command restricted! then you'll get this "Flash Failure" error on every boot up.
To clear it ,all you need is to do a successful fastboot command. Assuming you don't do something like
Code:
fastboot erase xxxx
Code:
fastboot restart
It seems this command write to the cache partition(unsigned) & trigger recovery mode.
Then select reboot now.

Attached is the empty_radio file. (There's nothing inside, just ext3 partition with empty recovery folder)

So if i just push this File, my phone will still work normally? Or would i have to Flash another Radio? could this throw me of the OTA-path? I am in gsm btw

Reactions: bahathir

whirleyes

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2007
github.com
It just get you to recovery.. It won't do nothing, because the empty_radio.img does'nt include any command., or any bp.img/lte.img... In my phone, It doing nothing harm, If you're worried just select the wipe cache option

Reactions: hacker812c

doenis

Oct 26, 2006
It just get you to recovery.. It won't do nothing, because the empty_radio.img does'nt include any command., or any bp.img/lte.img... In my phone, It doing nothing harm, If you're worried just select the wipe cache option

Alright thanks mate,, can't wait to get rid of this problem

Edit:
Well the problem solved itself, though i am not quite sure how. i was using a walkie-talkie at work
and just happened to have my phone right next while talking at one point and when i wanted to turn on
the screen, nothing happened. it wouldn't power on at all, not even with the simulated battery-pull.
so i got my charger and when i plugged it in, the charging screen came up, without fastboot beforehand.
also it said my battery was at 5% when i was sure it was almost full just before. i powered up the phone,
again no fastboot-screen. when it was booted, the battery level was back to normal, but the date reset to 13.01.12
and time to 11:00. i put those right, and bam: everything was cool again. i reproduced this by pushing the talk button on
the walkie-talkie again with about 5cm distance to the phone and sure enough, the same thing happened, even the date/time reset.
so my phone is fine now. anyone care to elaborate how that might have worked?

Last edited:

eurt

Jun 19, 2012
Hi, Im having this trouble when I tried to flash my Motorola Droid razr but I dont have any idea of what to do in the pass 5 and futher so if anyone could explain this for noobs like me I wold be grateful.

eurt

Jun 19, 2012
please send more details...
i wait your reply...

Well, the thing is I tried to flash my razr whit the version of Retail.BR (651.167.3370.XT910.Brasil.en.BR) and everything went just fine, after that I installed this blur version (Blur_Version.651.167.3370.XT910.Brasil.en.BR.zip) aka ICS. Everything ok in this point, after that I realized that my 3g dont work, so I tried to use the telcel stock version of this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1624352 (actually Im using telcel) so when I tried this (very fool of my part) Im having this error whit RSD lite v5.7 "Failed flashing process. 6/22 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin_signed" -> Phone returned FAIL." and my razr is showing this

AP Fastboot Flash mode (S)
0A.6C

Device is LOCKED, Statis Code: 0

Batery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB Conected

(Sorry for my lame english)

starscream.

Jun 19, 2011
not sure if im doing this right but...

download empty radio file
put empty radio file in a folder on desktop
press volume keys + power
phone reboots
select ap fastboot
connect usb cable
type fastboot flash radio empty_radio.img

then i get an error 'fastboot is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

any ideas?

thanks.

----

EDIT!

okay i got the file to transfer over.
then flashboot reboot

the screen turns off for 1 sec then turns back on to the ap fastboot screen with errors

has the normal info of ap fast boot screen and down the bottom
"invalid CG otv (CG: system): Invalid SP data
invalid cg version (CG: system)
invalid cg otv (cg:system)"

tried holding - volume and power to turn offf
then hold + - volume and power
and start up normal

but goes back to error screen.

invalid flash mode (S) (boot failure)
0a.6b
to return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

device is locked, status code: 0

battery ok
ok to program
transfer mode:
usb connected

"invalid CG otv (CG: system): Invalid SP data
invalid cg version (CG: system)
invalid cg otv (cg:system)"

Last edited:

aboutryan

Jun 23, 2009
Same problem here to. got the Asian retail version. Can flash any Original roms using RSD lite and not sure how to do this method too.

vikcie

Jan 4, 2010
Allahabad
Same problem here to. got the Asian retail version. Can flash any Original roms using RSD lite and not sure how to do this method too.

Man u need to install ics eu 4.0.4(fastboot) with rsd.
I solved it through this process..

hit thanks if it works for you..

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

atpt

Nov 16, 2008
I completed everything. When I use RSD Lite 5.6 to flash, it stop in process 6

"Failed flashing process. 6/22 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin_signed" -> Phone returned FAIL"

Any idea?

Last edited:

xavierroy

Oct 6, 2010
Try charging your phone to over 90% before trying. I had a similar issue but it went through after trying it after charging the phone.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [FLASH] Motorola Razr Flash Failure [Solution]
    [FLASH] Flash failure - Razr [Fix]
    So guys, this will be very usefull!

Friends who are experiencing this annoying problem here is the solution.
    Whenever he would call my Razr was falling in AP mode Fastboot.

The Device Error LOCKED. Status Code: 0 "
    "Fastoboot AP mode (S) (Flash Failure)
    QA.6C
    Device to LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable "

To resolve this problem follow the steps below:

[TUTORIAL]
    1. Download the empty_radio.img
    2. Turn off the Razr
    3. Power On the Razr and select Fastboot Mode AP
    4. Open the command prompt CMD
    5. Go to the folder where the radio is empty
    6. Make flash the radio with the following command and then type "fastboot reboot"
    7. Rest assured I tested on my Razr this command does not erase the radio
    8. This command will only restart the fastboot
    9. Now then turn off the Razr holding vol - and power
    10. Plug the Razr holding vol + vol - and power and have it start normally
    11. Now restart the fastboot screen will not show more ...

fastboot reboot

[RADIO]
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?00gtb84yemfolp3

Code:
    fastboot boot boot.img
    Code:
    fastboot erase xxxx
    Code:
    fastboot restart
    Then select reboot now.

Alright thanks mate,, can't wait to get rid of this problem

Edit:
    Well the problem solved itself, though i am not quite sure how. i was using a walkie-talkie at work
    and just happened to have my phone right next while talking at one point and when i wanted to turn on
    the screen, nothing happened. it wouldn't power on at all, not even with the simulated battery-pull.
    so i got my charger and when i plugged it in, the charging screen came up, without fastboot beforehand.
    also it said my battery was at 5% when i was sure it was almost full just before. i powered up the phone,
    again no fastboot-screen. when it was booted, the battery level was back to normal, but the date reset to 13.01.12
    and time to 11:00. i put those right, and bam: everything was cool again. i reproduced this by pushing the talk button on
    the walkie-talkie again with about 5cm distance to the phone and sure enough, the same thing happened, even the date/time reset.
    so my phone is fine now. anyone care to elaborate how that might have worked?

Code:
    fastboot boot boot.img
    Code:
    fastboot erase xxxx
    Code:
    fastboot restart
    Then select reboot now.

So if i just push this File, my phone will still work normally? Or would i have to Flash another Radio? could this throw me of the OTA-path? I am in gsm btw