Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Updated 5.18.12]viperROM IC3D Beta 3.1 | OC Daemon, viperControl, and more!

Tip us?

Roll3r
Old
Thanks Meter 208
OK, noobish question here. I've never put much thought into radios, firmware, etc before. However, there's a stretch of a few miles during my commute that causes me to roam on Verizon. Now that I've flashed the new firmware, I won't be able to stream Sirius during that part of my commute. And no Howard Stern in the morning makes me angry.

What exactly do I need to flash to get roaming back?
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roll3r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sofla2
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll3r View Post
OK, noobish question here. I've never put much thought into radios, firmware, etc before. However, there's a stretch of a few miles during my commute that causes me to roam on Verizon. Now that I've flashed the new firmware, I won't be able to stream Sirius during that part of my commute. And no Howard Stern in the morning makes me angry.

You could try to flash Freeza'a all in one for the old sprint firmware, but I tried it twice and it didn't work.
Current Device:

HTC One (M8)

Former Devices:

HTC One (M7) Verizon
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC One (M7) Sprint
HTC EVO LTE
HTC EVO 3D
HTC EVO 4G

duble08
Old
(Last edited by duble08; 6th May 2012 at 12:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll3r View Post

In theory, flashing sprint radios should fix the roaming problem, unless there is something else coded in the firmware upgrade that tells your phone to ignore roaming partners. If that's the case, you'll have to flash an old firmware, that replaces whatever the vm firmware did. Or you could wait for the official sprint firmware to come out, and flash that.

I'd recommend trying to flash an old radio first, and see if your phone will roam where it should. And of course, report back, and let the rest of us know

Once again, here's a link to different sprint radios:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1193101

I haven't tried flashing any of them with ICS yet, but it shouldn't matter, since it's applied by the bootloader. You do need to have hboot 1.4 and s-off.
The Following User Says Thank You to duble08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aersaud
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I have no clue how this happened tell me the name of a screenshot app that works on the 3d with ICS and I will be more than glad to provide screen shots as well.

duble08
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aersaud View Post
I have no clue how this happened tell me the name of a screenshot app that works on the 3d with ICS and I will be more than glad to provide screen shots as well.
it's built in - just hold the power button and press home

DHSoccer4
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aersaud View Post
hold power and press home button

sofla2
Old
(Last edited by sofla2; 6th May 2012 at 01:18 AM.) Reason: stupid question
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by duble08 View Post
In theory, flashing sprint radios should fix the roaming problem, unless there is something else coded in the firmware upgrade that tells your phone to ignore roaming partners. If that's the case, you'll have to flash an old firmware, that replaces whatever the vm firmware did. Or you could wait for the official sprint firmware to come out, and flash that.

I'd recommend trying to flash an old radio first, and see if your phone will roam where it should. And of course, report back, and let the rest of us know

I haven't tried flashing any of them with ICS yet, but it shouldn't matter, since it's applied by the bootloader. You do need to have hboot 1.4 and s-off.
Never mind, it was a stupid question. Others have roam on this rom with old firmware, correct?
Current Device:

HTC One (M8)

Former Devices:

HTC One (M7) Verizon
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC One (M7) Sprint
HTC EVO LTE
HTC EVO 3D
HTC EVO 4G

Roll3r
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by duble08 View Post

Thanks man. I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

duble08
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofla2 View Post
Never mind, it was a stupid question. Others have roam on this rom with old firmware, correct?
I did not flash the firmware, only the rom. Roaming does work for me. The rom doesn't have a settings option to set your roaming preferences though. But if you don't update your firmware and get the rom to flash properly, it should still roam automatically like it always has.

retnuh730
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofla2 View Post
I also have roamed on new radios on ICS if that what you mean.

Tags
-viperboy- for president, how to get vin to mow your lawn faq, ltevo rules - awesome evo 3d sits with og evo now
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe