5th May 2012, 01:14 AM   |  #21  
Flag St Helens
Thanks Meter: 13

47 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazin

It's working fine now, just kept restarting both the medialink and phone and now it's finally connected, going to use the superhub in modem mode now though to improve the WiFi signal

I had the same issue. Then it "magically" started working. Since then has worked a treat.
5th May 2012, 01:57 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 100

663 posts
It is using compression for the transmission. For example when playing 1st person games and you pan around a room, you can see the screen version is absolutely sharp and clear, but the TV version shows obvious signs of compression. After the image becomes static, the resolution improves.

I have not experienced any real issues with massive buffering, or lag. However there is a persistent lag of about 0.2 of a second which could affect some games players.

I also have the issue where if you play music, and then hit home, the music stops a couple of seconds later. You are supposed to be able to play music and videos on the TV, while using the phone for other things. I cannot get that to work.
Last edited by jonstatt; 5th May 2012 at 02:07 PM.
5th May 2012, 02:25 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
So just to clarify, am I correct in saying that if a wi-fi network isn't available then the phone can't communicate directly with the HTC Media Link HD?

In other words you need to have a wi-fi network available that you know the password for whenever you want to use this?
5th May 2012, 02:37 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 23

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulg247

So just to clarify, am I correct in saying that if a wi-fi network isn't available then the phone can't communicate directly with the HTC Media Link HD?

In other words you need to have a wi-fi network available that you know the password for whenever you want to use this?

That's exactly it, for some reason the Media Link HD itself has it's own WiFi network but you can't connect to it, you must connect to a home/internet WiFi connection to mirror images or do anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to azazin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
Oh so that is quite a large aspect where the media link device falls short as you may not always have a wifi network to connect to.

Another question, if the phone is connected to HDMI through a wired MHL connection, can it do everything it can do when connected via media link, i.e. mirroring?
5th May 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 23

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulg247

Oh so that is quite a large aspect where the media link device falls short as you may not always have a wifi network to connect to.

Another question, if the phone is connected to HDMI through a wired MHL connection, can it do everything it can do when connected via media link, i.e. mirroring?

Indeed D:, I would assume so, I know for a fact it can mirror via wired MHL with better quality than the Media Link HD but not sure about the other features such as playing a video whlist going on the internet, because I think the Media Link HD itself handles these things (it temporarily stores things)
The Following User Says Thank You to azazin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 17

270 posts
Been playing with mine today and it doesnt like MX player at all...bloop! What is the stock app for playing movies? How do I get movies to play on the Tv and then browse the phone etc? "Watch" is only interested in paid content!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
5th May 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 288

1,363 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysmith43

Been playing with mine today and it doesnt like MX player at all...bloop! What is the stock app for playing movies? How do I get movies to play on the Tv and then browse the phone etc? "Watch" is only interested in paid content!

Moboplayer worked fine for me MX didn't though
5th May 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 17

270 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by technostein

Moboplayer worked fine for me MX didn't though

Does it play it on both phone & TV or just the TV?

5th May 2012, 06:11 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 288

1,363 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysmith43

Does it play it on both phone & TV or just the TV?

Just TV

The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidInsanity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc media link hd one x
Previous Thread Next Thread