[Rom][Froyo 2.2] Ez_Ryder Kb5 v2 [Update](5/15/2012)
Moped_Ryder’s No-System Bloat T959 KB5 ROM
WHAT I DID:
- Started with stock T959 KB5
- Removed a total of 63 System files I never use (71mb worth)
- Updated / added some system apps (Google Play Store, superuser)
- Changed a lot of .png files
- Zip aligned every system .apk
- Tweaked it (a lot)
- T959 KB5 Froyo base
- T959UVKB5 Modem
- Ecotox #8 (Voodoo enabled) / overclocked *See notes
- Clock – am/pm hide
- 8 Lockscreens (SGSII unlock borked *Do not use*)
- Themed Gingerbreak keyboard / Samsung Keyboard
- Moshiach.Tweaks (Jellette)
- HTC Beats Audio Engine (Jellette)
- Juwe Ram script
- Jellette S.gps.2 GPS Tweaks (I modified gps.conf)
- Zipaligned all system files (Ill attach a Dos Batch I created)
- Init.d tweaks
- build.prop edits
NO FFC Support - I don’t have a FFC
I got fed up with opening Titanium Backup and freezing about 10-15 apps every time I flashed a new ROM. I built this ROM to suit MY needs. Sorry I don’t plan to add to much to this but may fix a few bugs when they pop up (If able). You can add anything I removed as you see fit. I may attached a .zip file (not flashable you will need to push) with all removed files. I used the Ecotox kernel for one main reason – 100Mhz overclock stepping. My phone doesn’t like to overclock, with the exception of 1100Mhz. This ROM defaults to BFQ / Smartass @1100Mhz overclocked. Let me say again so no surprises:
This ROM defaults to BFQ / Smartass @1100Mhz overclocked.
IN the 2 years or so I’ve had this phone any kernel I could overclock to 1100Mhz was rock solid, and still cool on the system. If you don’t like it reset it with voltage control and set at boot to start @1000Mhz. Instead of editing smali and .apk’s I saved some time by pulling files / code from other ROMS. I mainly pulled stuff from EDT and Fishman ROMS along with some files from the Glastopia Theme. Thank them when you get a chance please.
This is probably the fastest Froyo ROM I’ve ever used.
REMOVED SYSTEM FILES INCLUDE:
- DO NOT SELECT SGSII UNLOCK SCREEN (BOOTLOOPS) – I broke it somehow. I prob won’t fix it cause I don’t use that unlock
- Beats.Audio breaks sound for the stock video player. Suggest you download MX Player from marker w/MX Player Codec package
APPLICATIONS I ADDED:
Galaxy Tuner (simple hardware EQ for Froyo)
Neldar SGS Kernel Flasher
FLASH AT OWN RISK - WARRANTY VOID BY NOW ANYWAY
Version 2: [FULL WIPE]
DOWNLOAD CURRENT VERSION HERE
If the first release works good - Id stick with it. Check the 2nd post update to see if its worth a full wipe.
DO NOT FLASH FROM ICS, MIUI, or CM7or9 - must Odin to Stock (or Lidroid)first
If on a 2.2 or other I9000 Ginger ROM:
Nandroid backup your previous rom
Factory reset / Clear Cache + Dalvik
Format /system in mounts
Thanks / Props / Credits:
- Everyone has a favorite Home application - I urge you to try Twiz again. I think you will be surprise just how streamline and fast the Samsung default Home App is. Also attached TW4.5 to try.
- Rom Manager and Ecotox doesn't seem to play nice together. If you try and do a backup from ROM Manager it will reboot to a green CWM and not backup. To do a nandroid just reboot to recovery and select "Backup and Restore" then select "Backup". You can always go back into ROM Manager and rename the backup later.
Fishman (Thanks for some apks)
Ecotox (Kick ass 100Mhz stepping kernel)
Br1cK'd (Zendroid files)
If I missed out thanking you please tell me and Ill add you.
Never eat prunes when famished.