Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 42,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [CM9]

Tip us?

wayzata
Old
(Last edited by wayzata; 4th May 2012 at 10:58 PM.)
Account Currently Disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q&A] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [CM9]

There appears to be no Q&A thread for CM9 currently. I know generally the person who made/ported the ROM would start it, but doesn't appear that that's high on Entropy's priority list. Anyway, there are a lot of CM9 threads wasting space on Infuse Q&A section, so here's this.

Ask any questions about CM9 for the Samsung Infuse 4g here.

It's my first real thread so don't get mad if something isn't right, tell me how to fix it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wayzata For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bubonic78
Old
(Last edited by Bubonic78; 4th May 2012 at 07:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 386
Q: I get weird rainbows in recovery and when my device boots? What gives?
A: This is what happens when a Gingerbread or ICS kernel is booted on a device with Froyo bootloaders. You will need to either live with the rainbows (recovery is at least partially usable with the rainbows now) or flash Gingerbread bootloaders. Stay tuned for more info on bootloader flashing.

Unfortunately, the classic "rainbow fix" we used for Gingerbread is not compatible with how video acceleration is set up in ICS. The rainbowfix will just cause the device to crash immediately on boot. (I think this is why jt was not successful with LinuxBozo's CM7 source.)

Q: I'm getting rainbows, how do I flash Gingerbread bootloaders?
Flash the bootloaders from the file attached to this post using Heimdall as follows:

heimdall flash --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot Sbl.bin

DO NOT do this unless you are experiencing rainbows, and DO NOT do this until you have confirmed you can flash less dangerous stuff (like kernels) with Heimdall. If the flash fails you will hardbrick!

Thanks to LinuxBozo for confirming, way back in the days of UCKJ2, that Heimdall can safely flash bootloaders from leaks. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post18539754 - Be warned, once you do this step there is no going back. For whatever reason the Infuse won't flash dumped bootloaders, so there is no known way to return to Froyo and Rogers Gingerbread bootloaders.

just a starter quote from Entropy512
Support the Dev's

wayzata
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic78 View Post
just a starter quote from Entropy512
It's sadly true that 50% of questions asked are in the FAQ.

gatoraid84
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Is there anyway to boost the system volume on this build? Would it be in system folder?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

wayzata
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoraid84 View Post
Is there anyway to boost the system volume on this build? Would it be in system folder?

Isn't there some app called voodoo louder (free)? or you could even pay for Voodoo Sound Plus, I did that and it's great.

Edit: yes I found it https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.louder&hl=en it says paid but it's free. See if that works.

gatoraid84
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayzata View Post
Isn't there some app called voodoo louder (free)? or you could even pay for Voodoo Sound Plus, I did that and it's great.

Edit: yes I found it https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.louder&hl=en it says paid but it's free. See if that works.
I am referering to system sounds such as key press and lock screen sounds

anadam
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey guys I got a infuse yesterday from a friend and its running Entropy CM9 I have some questions regarding it I would be really great ful if someone can help me.

Its running entropy cm9 and I am sure the previous owner did not flashed the GB BL on it as it does have the rainbow screen in recovery but the rom works fine on it without the BL.... am I good without them (bl)?

Can I flash it with GTG ultimate to go back to stock ?

Can I flash any other rom over this through the blue recovery ?

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 24920
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadam View Post
Hey guys I got a infuse yesterday from a friend and its running Entropy CM9 I have some questions regarding it I would be really great ful if someone can help me. Its running entropy cm9 and I am sure the previous owner did not flashed the GB BL on it as it does have the rainbow screen in recovery but the rom works fine on it without the BL.... am I good without them (bl)?
Can I flash it with GTG ultimate to go back to stock ? Can I flash any other rom over this through the blue recovery ?
Take read thru this thread see if it is helpful for you, and you can follow my links i my signature for some more references.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1629079
Control Operator: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.

anadam
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for replying mate.

I tried to flash stock with qkster i click stock bl3 but i am not able to flash it i put my phone to DL heimdell shows phone connected but when i click flash it opens a windows to install Samsung composite drives, I installed the drivers and but i get same error again and again.

Even i tried the jscott30 Odin same is with it Odin does not recognize phone.

I had installed the latest Samsung kies to get the drivers did tried with different cables also but no luck.

wayzata
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadam View Post
Thanks for replying mate.

I tried to flash stock with qkster i click stock bl3 but i am not able to flash it i put my phone to DL heimdell shows phone connected but when i click flash it opens a windows to install Samsung composite drives, I installed the drivers and but i get same error again and again.

Even i tried the jscott30 Odin same is with it Odin does not recognize phone.

I had installed the latest Samsung kies to get the drivers did tried with different cables also but no luck.
Try a different computer, a few of my computers won't install the drivers correctly and it never lets it connect to odin.