LOCKED BL: Protest Thread. ☆☆PETITION is live!!!☆☆

Search This thread

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Update 5/8​

HTC CEO and president Peter Chou promised that all HTC Android devices launched after September 2011 can have their bootloaders unlocked.

Currently this is not the case with the AT&T One X variant.

The only thing they respond to is bad PR and social media harassment. We're passionate about our phones and they should know it.

File a Better Business Bureau complaint
  • bbb.org
  • This takes only 5 minutes to complete and actually makes a difference.

Having wide exposure of this issue gets the attention of AT&T very quickly.

EDIT: http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/4/3000175/at-t-htc-one-x-bootloader-official-unlock
Awesome job guys! That was fast!

Every little bit helps. The more active we are the faster this will be resolved. I'll be *****ing night and day until it's unlocked.

Sorry guys.

Ordered my Galaxy Nexus today.

I'm willing to downgrade my hardware to support open source, unlocked bootloader, and development. I feel that by not returning this phone - I am playing a part in supporting locked bootloaders.

I will continue to support this movement, update this thread, pester AT&T, and will probably be back should the bootloader be unlocked when my girlfriend needs a phone.

Last edited:

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
Commented on their FB page. After hearing what AT&T's CEO said today about unlimited plans and iMessage, I really can't stand AT&T now.

Reactions: dimgl

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Been commenting under "Robert Dole" on the facebook page since last night on everything.

I also have brought this to the attention of two editors (Myriam, Terrence) on Engadget directly via comments and podcasts chats on thier site. I also 'tipped' Engadget about it as well. Hopefully they will run a story on it.

EDIT: The more people that help, even just something as a simple post on att's FB page the better. Strength in numbers! Get everyone involved even if they don't have a One X!

Last edited:
Reactions: Root-Maniac

raymond4

Aug 9, 2010
millville new jersey
Let's get the ball running everyone so this issue can be resolved ASAP I'm down also for this I can't wait to pick this phone up Sunday

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Not true. This article doesn't prove anything. Nothing changed. AT&T is blocking the unlock. At least until they cave in with all the pressure.

This is the exposure I wanted.

Not sure what you mean.
AT&T says it wont be coming.

They might reconsider but it isn't going to be released "very soon" as some were saying before. It will take some serious threatening to AT&T...

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago

Toaster Strudels

Nov 25, 2010
Boston
All AT&T cares about is PR. They will cave in. The carriers always do.

Exposure like from The Verge is very helpful.

I have also been posting on Facebook. We need to keep spamming pages like Facebook and their Forums so that we can get the employees' attention. That will lead to them telling their supervisors. Then their managers. Then to corporate. Then to their Engineering/Dev team. THEN SUCCESS.

SPAM THEIR FACEBOOK WALL. LEAVE NO REST.

Reactions: voluptuary

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I have also been posting on Facebook. We need to keep spamming pages like Facebook and their Forums so that we can get the employees' attention. That will lead to them telling their supervisors. Then their managers. Then to corporate. Then to their Engineering/Dev team. THEN SUCCESS.

BLOOD WILL BE SPILLED.

After this we're going to torch local AT&T stores to the ground.

CharlestonFire1.jpg

Who's in??? :D

Reactions: Toaster Strudels

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago

And spread the word as much as you can, get everyone you can to pitch in. Strength in numbers will free the One!

Reactions: Toaster Strudels

Toaster Strudels

Nov 25, 2010
Boston
And spread the word as much as you can, get everyone you can to pitch in. Strength in numbers will free the One!

Seriously, i had this problem with my Atrix and my Droid 3. It's actually stupid. I cannot believe At&t would cripple their own device. and what's worse, is that they are not fixing their mistakes. how does this affect them in any way? it doesn't! its absolutely a stupid move on their part. i hope that they understand that they are shooing away customers.

Top Liked Posts