Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LOCKED BL: Protest Thread. ☆☆PETITION is live!!!☆☆

Tip us?

nugzo
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by tozfeekum View Post
If everyone retweets this we may get an official response from AT&T. http://twitter.com/#!/PaulOBrien/sta...11794947203072
Yes everyone re-tweet this... Maybe being vulgar like some on the FB page isnt the answer.. Catch more flies with sugar than vinegar...Paul asks a good question. If you have twitter, just click that link and then hit re-tweet to your followers button..

Oh and all of who are new to ATT as of this week arent familiar with the VIVID deal.. Could someone please explain what happened with that? thanks and RE TWEET http://twitter.com/#!/PaulOBrien/sta...11794947203072

Maroon Mushroom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugzo View Post
Yes everyone re-tweet this... Maybe being vulgar like some on the FB page isnt the answer.. Catch more flies with sugar than vinegar...Paul asks a good question. If you have twitter, just click that link and then hit re-tweet to your followers button..

Oh and all of who are new to ATT as of this week arent familiar with the VIVID deal.. Could someone please explain what happened with that? thanks and RE TWEET http://twitter.com/#!/PaulOBrien/sta...11794947203072
Added to OP and retweeted.
iPhone 3G > Captivate > Aria > Focus > Atrix 4g > AT&T Galaxy S2 > International Galaxy Note > AT&T Galaxy Note > AT&T One X > HSPA Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 7 > iPhone 5 > > Galaxy S3 > 16gb Nexus 4 > Galaxy S4 > 2013 Nexus 7 32gb > Nexus 5 White 32gb

rev1775
Old
Thanks Meter 15
This was posted on Android Central less than an hr ago. Not sure how recent the statement actually is but... doesn't look good for the foreseeable future.

This might be my reason to NOT order one for a while..

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-st...vent-unlocking

Maroon Mushroom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev1775 View Post
This was posted on Android Central less than an hr ago. Not sure how recent the statement actually is but... doesn't look good for the foreseeable future.

This might be my reason to NOT order one for a while..

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-st...vent-unlocking
This is essentially a copy of The Verge's article. I'm glad they covered it too though
iPhone 3G > Captivate > Aria > Focus > Atrix 4g > AT&T Galaxy S2 > International Galaxy Note > AT&T Galaxy Note > AT&T One X > HSPA Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 7 > iPhone 5 > > Galaxy S3 > 16gb Nexus 4 > Galaxy S4 > 2013 Nexus 7 32gb > Nexus 5 White 32gb

rev1775
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Aah okay, wasn't completely sure, seems all the online sources talking about this are getting the canned reply.

I really want on of these but, don't want to use the 30 day return period in hopes of this getting settled and then finding out it might be 6 months or longer if at all.

Guess the wait is on..

Bigjim1488
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Retweeted the heck out of that article. I guess I may just keep rocking my unlocked nexus. I was actually all ready to return it before this whole locked boot loader thing came along

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Give Dropbox a try for easy file sharing. Use my referral link and help me get more space! http://db.tt/6qeoiYa

xdp
Old
Thanks Meter 94
I was interested in getting this phone until I read this. Not anymore. So tell me AT&T, do you want my business or not? Your call.

Artimus009
Old
Thanks Meter 129
What's a few days to see if it gets unlocked? If it does, then....

Sent from my HTC One X using a locked bootloader and XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336261957754.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1043386  
AT&T SGSIII rocking KT747

Pumpiron579
Old
Thanks Meter 70
I retweeted also.
HTC AT&T One M-8 x32 Rooted S-Off Running ART
HTC AT&T One M-7 x32 Rooted S-Off
HTC AT&T One X+ LTE
Hboot 1.40.000 Radio 2.14.55.01_18.21.95.55L Recovery TWRP v2.5.0.0 ROM 119
HTC White AT&T One X LTE Rooted Boot loader Unlocked S-Off
AT&T Vivid New Screen New Motherboard Rocking with WCX
HTC Surround Stock

lfwake08
Old
(Last edited by lfwake08; 6th May 2012 at 02:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Thumbs down american carriers downright BLOW

i will say the only two good parts are:
a. theres so many really smart guys on these forums that get really creative with this kind of thing
b. theres a 30-day return with AT&T
ill pick it up tomorrow, as planned, and if it turns out no one has figured out a solution in the next month i can return it for an SGSII. definitely not cool on ATT's part, but not the end of the world either.

also- when i pick up the phone at the AT&T store ill make a stink about it, but lets take it easy on the ATT reps theyre not the ones callin the shots.
..my HTC One and Nexus 7 are as far from stock as the bleeding edge will take me.