*** Synthesis: The only GB kernel you need for your Infuse ***
This set of kernels is a combination of the stock UCLB3 kernel, with all mods from the Infusion-Z kernel (see below), some mods from Entropy's DD, and more. New features include:
- Fix for the wifi drain bug (aka bt-amp bug). In the event that this bug occurs, the kernel triggers a reset of the wifi interface, which stops the bug and saves battery.
- Wifi roaming code from the international SGS2 (roam_api) replacing the stock bcmccx logic. Reduces the incidence of the wifi drain bug. This config is less agressive in seeking out new access points, so you may need to open the wifi config screen in settings to speed up the connection process.
- External SD card (/sdcard/external_sd) is now available in CWM recovery and can be used as a source to flash CWM zip packages
- Entropy512's fast charging hack is included (thanks!)
- SIO and BFQ I/O schedulers added from Entropy's DD (thanks!)
- Voodoo lagfix lady 2.0
- Kernels are attached to this post (CWM flashables) including stock CPU frequencies - 1.2Ghz - and two OC options - 1.4Ghz and 1.6Ghz. If you prefer to flash them using SGS Kernel Flasher, you can download a bundle containing all three >>here<<
+ [Boot animation fix - partial] this is a work in progress - see notes below
Intended for use *ONLY* with stock-based GB ROMs. For CM7, CM9, and CM10 check project OPs for proper setups.
OC/UV requires use of an app like Voltage Control, CPU master, or SetCPU. Read up before jumping in - you can lock or damage your phone with incorrect settings. Remember to save your boot settings in Voltage Control menu to ensure your settings stick.
To get boot animations to show correctly: In /system/media copy sanim.zip to bootanimation.zip. I plan to automate this in a future release.
For tips on overclocking and related performance and battery tweaks see the q&a thread.
Important! - Video restore and revert packages are intended only for users of current ROMs with stock library files who have previously applied a revert package to get video to work. If you haven't done this, or are unsure, flash only the kernel package of your choice.
Links to install packages for the first release can be found on post #3.
Source code is available on my github (see signature).
Be safe and always make a backup before flashing!
Standard Disclaimer: All packaged builds are provided with no guarantees as to their safety. By flashing, you assume any and all potential risks that running a custom kernel might entail.
Recommendations: Wipe cache and dalvik-cache when flashing a new kernel. Disable any oc/uv settings from phone before flashing a new kernel.
Overclockers/Undervolters: If your phone is unstable when running at a particular overclock speed, choose a lower max cpu speed - not all phones have the same ability to handle oc speeds. When undervolting, do your research first and make small changes.
Big thanks to those who helped test this and prior kernels: qkster, mikig_mkd, boogman7, scott.hart.bti, aeonit, mikig_mkd, nwinfuse, texcowboy, tankmorph, prairied0gg, madman_sle, cmeyal, atk, and jdt352
Thanks to bedwa, entropy512, linuxbozo, and netarchy who laid the foundation (and built the house) - especially bedwa and entropy for helping me out along the way. Visit their threads and say thanks:
2013.04.30 - UCLB3+Infusion+DD, Fix wifi battery drain bug, Change wifi roaming code to sgs2 roam_api, Add support for /sdcard/external_sd from CWM recovery, Add Entropy's fast charging hack, Add BFQ and SIO schedulers from Entropy's DD, Upgrade voodoo lagfix voices. 2012.05.20 - Add HDMI/MHL support (for external video playback), add video support for current ROM firmware (UCLB3/UCKL2 - No more need for Video Fix!), add correct vold.fstab definitions for currrent firmware (mounts external sdcard correctly), initial bootanimation fix (not 100% - need to copy "sanim.zip" to "bootanimation.zip" in /system/media in some cases), add CFQ I/O scheduler tweaks (better performance)
2012.05.05 - Add cifs support, remove auto install of Superuser, change initramfs compression to lzma, add video lib mod option packages for vidcam rec/play
Known Issue log
- Flashlight function disabled in quick panel after use of video record or playback (restored by taking a flash photo, turning on flash using "Tiny Flashlight" app, or reboot)
- Some reports of random screen color change after disconnecting charger (restored by lock/unlock or reboot aka "faerie snot") [Fixed with the UCLB3 base - 4/30/13]
- Some reports of racing CPU on ROMs with tweaks [Racing CPU issues appear to be caused by modifying "ro.ril.xxxxx" cellular radio settings in build.prop. To fix, remove those tweaks (referencing a standard UCLB3 build.prop), or flash a near stock rom like r.e.v.e.n.a.n.t ]
- Improve auto-detect of boot animation files?
- Add support for BLN Lights?
edit: Alright. Now that I got the 1st post after op claimed, I will add some more relevant info.
Nice work, Zen. I know you've been putting a lot of time into this.
Let me be the first to say thank you.
I hope this will be the first of several new additions.
Kernel development is a task onto itself.
Kernel devs are a rare breed indeed.
Thank you for taking the time to give us some options.
Now we have the options of OC and retained some video capacity, even though we are using older libs.
Can't want to see what you can do. It will be a beautiful moment to see a stable OC with MHL fix.
Awesome work, bro.
edit: 6.5.2012: Well..MHL works. OC works.
Can you make me look cool so the hot chicks will dig me?
XDA Developer TV Producer Jayce released a video a … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?