5,596,128 Members 33,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Minimal Reader 3.3 - 02/10/2012

Tip us?

Joenrv
Old
(Last edited by Joenrv; 2nd October 2012 at 08:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 904

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] Minimal Reader 3.3 - 02/10/2012

Finally out of Beta and available on the Play Store !

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....minimalreader

Hey folks!

I've been hard at work these past weeks to take my Minimal Reader Widgets to the next level. I finally reached a milestone of stability, performance and usability, and I just couldn't help but sharing it with you guys.

I'm proud to introduce Minimal Reader 3.0 - Bringing a full Google Reader experience on your Android device with a brand new APP in addition to the widgets!

The App follows the latest ICS Guidelines and is available from Android 2.2 and above. It's clean, fast and simple to use.

There's a new color system that let's you associate a color to a particular feed, so you can easily spot it when scrolling through lists of news.

App and widgets are completely synchronized, so you can both quick read through your daily feeds on a widget and explore more content in the app when you have time.

The app should be pretty straightforward to use, give it a spin, and if you encounter any issues/bugs, please report them in a detailed comment on this thread.

I'm really looking forward to your feedback, and to make it easy for me, please give me your opinion by simply answering these three questions :

1/ what do you like about the app
2/ what do you miss (compared to other news app maybe)
3/ how would you improve it

Here are some screenshots :

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Joenrv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davidyannick
Old
Thanks Meter 1
gonna test
The Following User Says Thank You to davidyannick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NITRO_100
Old
Thanks Meter 671

DONATE TO ME
For me the minimal reader is the best reader/widget. I'm looking forward to test this beta.

nanny07
Old
Thanks Meter 11

First impression: really fast, but I don't have tried the older version (2.6)

What I liked: velocity
What I missed: possiblity to change the mobilizer. Readability Mobilizer is better than the Instapaper One (imho)

Suggestions:
1) after the tap on "mark all as read", the app should refresh the ui to not show again the feed marked as read. If I'm in the "browse" view, under a certain folder, it should prompt me to the upper folder
2) the name of the tabs are too big/long: as you can see from the picture above, the words "reading list (0)" and "favourites (0)" are too close.
The Following User Says Thank You to nanny07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

backhead92
Old
(Last edited by backhead92; 6th May 2012 at 02:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 354
I like the look, and feeling a lot. Just like 2.6, but great to have a app with it now

Things I miss: Synchronization interval

Suggestions:
Change the order of my labels, now you would have to add labels 1 by 1 to get the order you want. Would be nice if it could just be added all at once, and be reordered afterwards
Maybe an option to rename the labels in the app (only for the app, so leave the label name as it is in google reader), with the same reason as above poster
Maybe I missed it, but just saw there is no option for adding an individual rss feed. Not a problem for me, but maybe other people still like to add them all manually :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to backhead92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joenrv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 904

DONATE TO ME
This is great stuff guys, exactly the stuff I need to hear to prioritize features.

Keep it coming!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Joenrv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jameslfc5
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Look forward to testing this, thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

backhead92
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Another suggestion/missing feature:
Refresh on app startup

Suggestion:
Option to hide read labels (unless all are read/show all is selected) So you wont have to scroll through empty labels to get to the ones you havent read yet

LuckyStriker33
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Is it possible to add an export favourite news option? Just a simple html list with the title and link of the news, something like that.

Best news reader ever

kvigneshkrish
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Going to test. Just downloaded the beta. Will tell you how it works on both CM9 and CM7.

Cheers!!