Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [IdeaPad A1]ICS official + SlimDroid v 8.1 by twsk & dawkon13 [07.04.13]

Tip us?

jpisini
Old
Thanks Meter 234
So I reinstalled to test a few things and lost root. No matter what I try I can't get root back. Anyone else seeing this with 7.4?

hanji1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Noob questions

I have rooted/unlocked many android devices in the past 3-4 years. But I don't understand the instructions in the OP's post.

I have a A1-07 16gb on which manufacturing date starts with a 12xxxx. At the moment I have stock ICS ver 0080. I did try the 0116 ICS but had a few bugs so went back to the 0080 which I got from here.

So from what I understand is that since I have 12xxxx mfg date I can only have the stock ICS and SlimDroid. I found this info on OP's home page.

Now how do I flash the Slimdroid? In the second post it says to flash with CWM. How do I get CWM on my A1?
Can I just flash it with the stock recovery? What does the SlimDroid v7.40 actually do? Is it a custom rom?

I also want to root my tablet. For that I see the A1_root.zip linked. Again it says to flash with CWM. Can I just do that with stock receovery?

Where do I place these files to flash. Do i need an external sd card for this or can I just place Slimdroid/A1_root.zip on the internal sd?

Will I loose the SD card functionality since there's a patch for it? If someone can simplify things in plain english for me and others here that would be great. Thanks!

jpisini
Old
Thanks Meter 234
CWM is a custom recovery, put it on your sdcard and rename it update.zip reboot while holding down power and volume up, release power when you see the logo this will flash CWM allowing you to flash Slimdroid which is a custom version of ICS.

Sent from my IdeaTab_A1107 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpisini For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hanji1
Old
(Last edited by hanji1; 2nd November 2012 at 11:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpisini View Post
CWM is a custom recovery, put it on your sdcard and rename it update.zip reboot while holding down power and volume up, release power when you see the logo this will flash CWM allowing you to flash Slimdroid which is a custom version of ICS.

Sent from my IdeaTab_A1107 using xda premium
Thanks, You couldn't have explained it any better in these few words. I'll do this and try to make a youtube video so other people like me can benefit from it.

So were you able fix your rooting issue with slimdroid ICS?

amjl2000
Old
Thanks Meter 14
After a couple of weeks of use, I'm ver pleased by this ROM.

The only (admittedly minor) things I have noticed:
Sometimes after charging, the battery usage doesn't drop, and no apps appear in the power usage list. It does get going after a reboot ( I think, though it could need replugging to get the charge state machine going again). At first I thought "he he, nice way to say that battery life is good by not having it ever drop!". Knowing about it, and it has only happened a couple of times means it's not a problem.

The wifi does still hang when connecting or diconnecting. It feels to be less frequent than the lenovo ROM, but couldn't say for sure. Is there any way to get a 'Reboot' option on the power menu? It's easier than having to turn off, and then turn back on.

good job though. very impressed with idle battery life.

dawkon13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 437

DONATE TO ME
Now all new versions are available on code google:
http://code.google.com/p/ideapad-a1-...on13/downloads
Now it's:
SlimDroid v7.31 Performance Edition v3 - SlimDroid v7.31 have virtual buttons (builded today- with some tweaks from SlimDroid v7.40 )
Phone:Galaxy Note II N7100
ROM: Android 4.4.2
Tablet: Nexus 7 v2 + Modecom Freetab 2096+ X2

for IdeaPad A1:
ROMs & tutorials for IdeaPad A1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dawkon13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

datboy143
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Tried installing v7.31 Performance Edition v3. over v7.40 but got stuck on Lenovo screen bootlooping. Any one else experience this?

dawkon13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 437

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by datboy143 View Post
Tried installing v7.31 Performance Edition v3. over v7.40 but got stuck on Lenovo screen bootlooping. Any one else experience this?
Try wipe
Phone:Galaxy Note II N7100
ROM: Android 4.4.2
Tablet: Nexus 7 v2 + Modecom Freetab 2096+ X2

for IdeaPad A1:
ROMs & tutorials for IdeaPad A1

jpisini
Old
(Last edited by jpisini; 17th November 2012 at 02:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 234
Wish my battery wasn't so low. I am going to have to wait till morning to try this out. Thanks Dawkon13.

---------
Tried the rom same thing as user above I can't boot. I will have to do a restore.

datboy143
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I installed the updated version with no probs solid so far thanks