Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dont flash the New ICS Firmware for eve 3d!!!!!!

Tip us?

monkboy24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 875
Default Dont flash the New ICS Firmware for eve 3d!!!!!!

dont flash the new firmware for your evo 3d!!! its not needed for the new leaked ics based roms!!!!!! just wipe data and cache and flash the rom like normal!!!! and for the people who already screwed there evo 3d up by doing this! next time read some more before you flash **** to your phones!!! (noobs shm) you don't wanna mess around with firmware zips in til you know whats really the story behind them!!! the leaked ics roms work just fine without the firmware! trust it!!!!!

Jep4444
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkboy24 View Post
dont flash the new firmware for your evo 3d!!! its not needed for the new leaked ics based roms!!!!!! just wipe data and cache and flash the rom like normal!!!! and for the people who already screwed there evo 3d up by doing this! next time read some more before you flash **** to your phones!!! (noobs shm) you don't wanna mess around with firmware zips in til you know whats really the story behind them!!! the leaked ics roms work just fine without the
firmware! trust it!!!!!
Well the virtuous guide explicitly stated to do so, it didn't screw my phone up but I haven't been able to successfully install any ICS ROMs(GB works fine).

sofla2
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
dont flash the new firmware for your evo 3d!!! its not needed for the new leaked ics based roms!!!!!! just wipe data and cache and flash the rom like normal!!!! and for the people who already screwed there evo 3d up by doing this! next time read some more before you flash **** to your phones!!! (noobs shm) you don't wanna mess around with firmware zips in til you know whats really the story behind them!!! the leaked ics roms work just fine without the firmware! trust it!!!!!
I did read and it was recommended to flash the new firmware. Next time YOU read more before you spout off some crap you know nothing about. And actually, my phone is working GREAT. I can live without roaming.
Current Device:

HTC One (M8)

Former Devices:

HTC One (M7) Verizon
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC One (M7) Sprint
HTC EVO LTE
HTC EVO 3D
HTC EVO 4G
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sofla2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paroys
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
and u are developer? Creator? HTC owner? or lawyer?

patrao_n
Old
(Last edited by patrao_n; 7th May 2012 at 04:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 968
@op. Ya we understand what it does now. Although I wasn't one who did do it. Even devs have flashed it. Also a dev made a package for it. I am in no way being disrespectful to freeza though. I love the fact that he made a package for it. We take risks by flashing stuff on our phones. It is our own responsibility. When it first came out I did not read anywhere to not flash this firmware. Chad and others are fixing this as we speak. So please go away with your noob comments. Oh and ibtl

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Done and done

papaver
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I flasheed it..and everything eorks great!

sent from my HTC - jic.

jslim38
Old
Thanks Meter 118
And I can flash any ics Rom i want without any problems and that include's the firmware also you have Ben miss informed most dev will recommend flashing the firmware that is best suitable for the Rom they have developed

sent from my EVO 3d x515m s off using xda premium
Sent from xda hd
Samsung Galaxy s4 M919
Previous Device's HTC Sensation 4g S OFF
HTC Evo 3D S OFF HTC One x

kittykat858
Old
Account Currently Disabled
Thanks Meter 5,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslim38 View Post
And I can flash any ics Rom i want without any problems and that include's the firmware also you have Ben miss informed most dev will recommend flashing the firmware that is best suitable for the Rom they have developed

sent from my EVO 3d x515m s off using xda premium
verified all we need is the ADSP firmware

i also have a kernel posted that works for those who cant boot the 3.0.16 kernel and wanna run ics /sense 3.6 but dont wanna flash the firmware

Jakedude2011
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
dont flash the new firmware for your eve 3d!!!
eve 3d...? New phone?
┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐

thre3aces
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Flashed and working fine.

Someone's angry they bricked their phone :P

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2
If I helped you on the street you would say thanks.DO THE SAME ON XDA
Devices History
LG COOKIE(SOLD FOR A TENNER)-->Nokia N95(SOLD)-->T-mobile G1(SOLD)-->HTC Hero(SOLD)-->Blackberry Curve 8520(Swapped for storm)-->Blackberry Storm 1 (horrid choice,SOLD)-->Motorola Defy(Bricked,got a refund)-->Motorola Milestone(Recycled for 70)-->Evo 3D