Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Dont flash the New ICS Firmware for eve 3d!!!!!!

OP monkboy24

7th May 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 915

2,235 posts
More
dont flash the new firmware for your evo 3d!!! its not needed for the new leaked ics based roms!!!!!! just wipe data and cache and flash the rom like normal!!!! and for the people who already screwed there evo 3d up by doing this! next time read some more before you flash **** to your phones!!! (noobs shm) you don't wanna mess around with firmware zips in til you know whats really the story behind them!!! the leaked ics roms work just fine without the firmware! trust it!!!!!
7th May 2012, 02:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 16

232 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkboy24

dont flash the new firmware for your evo 3d!!! its not needed for the new leaked ics based roms!!!!!! just wipe data and cache and flash the rom like normal!!!! and for the people who already screwed there evo 3d up by doing this! next time read some more before you flash **** to your phones!!! (noobs shm) you don't wanna mess around with firmware zips in til you know whats really the story behind them!!! the leaked ics roms work just fine without the
firmware! trust it!!!!!

Well the virtuous guide explicitly stated to do so, it didn't screw my phone up but I haven't been able to successfully install any ICS ROMs(GB works fine).
7th May 2012, 03:02 AM   |  #3  
Flag Naples, FL
Thanks Meter: 121

550 posts
More
Quote:

dont flash the new firmware for your evo 3d!!! its not needed for the new leaked ics based roms!!!!!! just wipe data and cache and flash the rom like normal!!!! and for the people who already screwed there evo 3d up by doing this! next time read some more before you flash **** to your phones!!! (noobs shm) you don't wanna mess around with firmware zips in til you know whats really the story behind them!!! the leaked ics roms work just fine without the firmware! trust it!!!!!

I did read and it was recommended to flash the new firmware. Next time YOU read more before you spout off some crap you know nothing about. And actually, my phone is working GREAT. I can live without roaming.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sofla2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kajang
Thanks Meter: 132

521 posts
More
Quote:

and u are developer? Creator? HTC owner? or lawyer?
7th May 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #5  
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 969

2,266 posts
More
@op. Ya we understand what it does now. Although I wasn't one who did do it. Even devs have flashed it. Also a dev made a package for it. I am in no way being disrespectful to freeza though. I love the fact that he made a package for it. We take risks by flashing stuff on our phones. It is our own responsibility. When it first came out I did not read anywhere to not flash this firmware. Chad and others are fixing this as we speak. So please go away with your noob comments. Oh and ibtl

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by patrao_n; 7th May 2012 at 05:16 AM.
7th May 2012, 04:10 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 52

344 posts
I flasheed it..and everything eorks great!

sent from my HTC - jic.
7th May 2012, 07:27 AM   |  #7  
Flag Saint Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 119

817 posts
More
And I can flash any ics Rom i want without any problems and that include's the firmware also you have Ben miss informed most dev will recommend flashing the firmware that is best suitable for the Rom they have developed

sent from my EVO 3d x515m s off using xda premium
7th May 2012, 08:30 AM   |  #8  
Account Currently Disabled
Thanks Meter: 5,929

1,415 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslim38

And I can flash any ics Rom i want without any problems and that include's the firmware also you have Ben miss informed most dev will recommend flashing the firmware that is best suitable for the Rom they have developed

sent from my EVO 3d x515m s off using xda premium

verified all we need is the ADSP firmware

i also have a kernel posted that works for those who cant boot the 3.0.16 kernel and wanna run ics /sense 3.6 but dont wanna flash the firmware
7th May 2012, 09:27 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 74

378 posts
More
Quote:

dont flash the new firmware for your eve 3d!!!

eve 3d...? New phone?
7th May 2012, 09:42 AM   |  #10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 86

531 posts
Donate to Me
More
Flashed and working fine.

Someone's angry they bricked their phone :P

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread