Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint 3g un-godly slow in Houston.

Tip us?

jonny4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Sprint 3g un-godly slow in Houston.

I have had the Arrive for about a month and I have to say the 3g is horrible everywhere in Houston. I have had Android phones and some of the kernal's allow you to change radios. Is there anything like that for Windows Phone, maybe the newer radio will allow better 3g signal. It is so bad most of apps will give connection errors, foursquare, soundhound, groupon, and facebook most of the time. I am just curious if anyone has any suggestions.

Sakuenn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I know how you feel. But sadly 3G is terrible for all 3G phones atm in houston. Hopefully with the launch of sprints new vision & LTE, we should see better 3G speeds, this summer. Hopefully~

jaygriggs
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny4 View Post
I have had the Arrive for about a month and I have to say the 3g is horrible everywhere in Houston. I have had Android phones and some of the kernal's allow you to change radios. Is there anything like that for Windows Phone, maybe the newer radio will allow better 3g signal. It is so bad most of apps will give connection errors, foursquare, soundhound, groupon, and facebook most of the time. I am just curious if anyone has any suggestions.
I hear ya! Metro Detroit is terrible! I used to go about 3x as fast, years ago running win mo 5, on edge, on a tmobile wizard. I guess thats before everyone discovered a smartphone.

xJORGENx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have awful 3g speeds in nashville. I thought it was my rom but now i know its not just me.

turdsamich
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
I'm just curious...when you guys say speeds are terrible what kind of download speeds are you experiencing?