5,596,235 Members 35,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Free up space on CM7

Tip us?

aster190
Old
(Last edited by aster190; 7th May 2012 at 12:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Free up space on CM7

Hi, I'm trying to free up some space on CM7 by deleting system apps, but that doesn't seem to free up any space at all. I'm guessing that that's a different partition, so is there a way I could expand the internal storage partition? I want to avoid using a sd-ext since I don't have much space on my sd card

xam247
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I really like the app s2e which lets you move just the Dalvik cache to the SD card without any noticeable performance hit. It isn't much space ~90MB but that makes a big difference for the internal storage.
The Following User Says Thank You to xam247 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aster190
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by xam247 View Post
I really like the app s2e which lets you move just the Dalvik cache to the SD card without any noticeable performance hit. It isn't much space ~90MB but that makes a big difference for the internal storage.
Oh I didn't know that app could do that! That's exactly what I need, thanks!

molecula364
Old
Thanks Meter 3
use munjeni's hboot editor and change values of system, cache and user data to increase free space
The Following User Says Thank You to molecula364 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

headsupsevenup
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by molecula364 View Post
use munjeni's hboot editor and change values of system, cache and user data to increase free space
The way I do it is to delete most of the ringtones, wallpapers and live wallpapers from the zip before I flash the rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to headsupsevenup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]