OP typhoonikan

9th May 2012, 04:19 AM   |  #21  
Flag Winter Park, FL
Thanks Meter: 75

277 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan

I completely agree with your comments about living our of their means. I also agree that this country is messed up that way. I am a teacher in a high school just outside of Chicago, and while 80% of my students are on free or reduced lunch, 100% of them own a cell phone (and about 80% are smartphones from my estimation). I find this to be both disturbing and indicative of our messed up system.

Anyway, I just didn't feel that flaunting the insignificance of x dollar amount was real classy. Maybe it was to make a larger point, to me it came off as very smug. I don't care how rich you are, saving $50 if the option is present should mean something to you, in my opinion.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Well my apologies for sounding smug. I do not consider myself rich in any way shape or form as I am within the middle class, such as yourself. I work a fulltime job at an office, attend a somewhat pricey university with my own funding, and I just don't see a problem with throwing $50 bucks on a preorder.

I also think its a sad state of affairs that parents are buying their kids smartphones. Its an unnecessary luxury kids do not need. Not to mention it also instigates bad behavior such as sexting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelofChaos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
Wirefly still has it available for pre-order - $119.99, free shipping and no sales tax.
9th May 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 20

87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsalterego

Wirefly still has it available for pre-order - $119.99, free shipping and no sales tax.

Weird I got dinged for sales tax in michigan. Wonder if they have a warehouse here.
9th May 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #24  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 750

1,275 posts
More
Well same deal here. It was $50 out of pocket and got a gift card to pay down the phone. $199 - $50 (2nd gift card when u pick up the phone) - $50 og evo trade = $100!

I had pre ordered another one for my daughter on the sprint website for $199... I wonder which one will show up 1st?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
9th May 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 5

106 posts
Mine went like this:

Paper says you are supposed to pay $50.00 for GC that holds your phone, he pulled up their internal software and it says nothing is due @ time of Pre-Order and you get your $50.00 GC on the day you pick up the phone and activate it. So your OTD price should be $149.99 before taxes. I will be adding a Zagg shield to mine as well to protect it. Can't wait for the new cases to come out too.

Will
9th May 2012, 11:39 PM   |  #26  
Flag Winter Park, FL
Thanks Meter: 75

277 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy

Mine went like this:

Paper says you are supposed to pay $50.00 for GC that holds your phone, he pulled up their internal software and it says nothing is due @ time of Pre-Order and you get your $50.00 GC on the day you pick up the phone and activate it. So your OTD price should be $149.99 before taxes. I will be adding a Zagg shield to mine as well to protect it. Can't wait for the new cases to come out too.

Will

I'm definitely getting a Zagg shield as I had a co-worker recently drop her phone, shattering the screen, after she had the TEP taken off. I've had a few unfortunate drops, but that shield has kept the screen safe. Also going to probably get the new seidio surface case as the black top of the phone is kind of ugly, and a fingerprint magnet.

EDIT: Just got emailed an update from Best Buy regarding the preorder, confirming both the release date as May 18, 2012 and that they are now confirming store inventory. So I would assume Best Buy already has them in the store, but they will not be released till launch.
Last edited by AngelofChaos; 10th May 2012 at 12:41 AM.
10th May 2012, 01:05 AM   |  #27  
Flag Hartland, MI
Thanks Meter: 151

806 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofChaos

I'm definitely getting a Zagg shield as I had a co-worker recently drop her phone, shattering the screen, after she had the TEP taken off. I've had a few unfortunate drops, but that shield has kept the screen safe. Also going to probably get the new seidio surface case as the black top of the phone is kind of ugly, and a fingerprint magnet.

EDIT: Just got emailed an update from Best Buy regarding the preorder, confirming both the release date as May 18, 2012 and that they are now confirming store inventory. So I would assume Best Buy already has them in the store, but they will not be released till launch.

Be careful with the Surface, I had one on my OG Evo and it scratched the edges of the phone. I personally like the active.

10th May 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 24

107 posts
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

I signed up for the wireless freedom ($50 credit), is there separate program for pre-orders which enables you a $50 GC (applied at time of pick up)?

I pre-ordered my phone and had to put $50 deposit (received GC which I will use toward the phone). Will I be eligible for $100 credit for both "wireless freedom" and "preorder credit" at the time of activation on the 5/18? If so that would leave me a balance of $50 out of pocket due.
10th May 2012, 05:21 AM   |  #29  
Flag Mo City
Thanks Meter: 127

596 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofChaos

Well my apologies for sounding smug. I do not consider myself rich in any way shape or form as I am within the middle class, such as yourself. I work a fulltime job at an office, attend a somewhat pricey university with my own funding, and I just don't see a problem with throwing $50 bucks on a preorder.

I also think its a sad state of affairs that parents are buying their kids smartphones. Its an unnecessary luxury kids do not need. Not to mention it also instigates bad behavior such as sexting.

Haha I sexted before it was popular on my moto razr in 8th grade... It's any phone with a camera man lol, can't stop the horny young kids.

Edit: I know I payed for all my upgrades to smartphones when I was young, and for the data plan. Saved all my money to do it, but my family is middle class also. Seriously tho, you can't blame smartphones for sexting, you can blame mms lol

Last edited by lpjzfan2005; 10th May 2012 at 05:29 AM.
10th May 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 156

795 posts
Does BB charge any activation fee?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread