Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop Leak, Failed Find 5 Update – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been leaked! That and … more

Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Which HDMI cables work with HOX?

OP stezo2k

13th May 2012, 12:53 AM   |  #11  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
I picked up an mhl cable for the samsung galaxy series of phones from ebay last week, charges the one x and plays everything from the screen straight to the TV via HDML, works great. Tried posting a link but less than 8 posts but worth looking on ebay for though.
14th May 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 17

453 posts
i'm curious if anyone has found an mhl adapter that will working without needing power.
14th May 2012, 12:49 PM   |  #13  
Flag Berkshire
Thanks Meter: 136

811 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk87

i'm curious if anyone has found an mhl adapter that will working without needing power.

i don't think its possible. the port on any hdmi output (ie bluray etc) would need to have some sort of power source, the mhl doesnt output enough (if any) power to run the hdmi, hence the requirement for a separate power source.

i use my portable charger to run it, works a treat.
14th May 2012, 01:24 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 17

453 posts
Iphones are able to output hdmi with just an adapter, so i dont see why an one x wouldnt be able to.
Doombadger
17th May 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk87

In order to do this you need an mhl capable TV. Any TV with HDMI will display video but only TVs certified as mhl capable will charge the device via HDMI.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
19th May 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 101

579 posts
and if you have a tv with a usb port for flashdrives or external drives next to the hdmi port, would that give power? maybe the output is too low, but it might at least keep the battery from draining right? cause then i could use a short usb cable and avoid having a cable coming from another source. I hate cables but don't trust the media link thing to work well, i've read that it uses some kind of compression for video, and that is a big no no.
22nd May 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
I bought a cheap MHL from ebay and works perfect
Cannot work without power supply...
24th May 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 4

70 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siaosi

I've just gone for this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00

Will probably get it tomorrow. Tried a similar one yesterday at my mate's house and it worked fine on his 19' monitor.

Ordered one as well - should have next week so i'll report back how it works out. Was looking for something with a longer cable but at this price cant complain
10th June 2012, 06:37 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 29

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imy300

Ordered one as well - should have next week so i'll report back how it works out. Was looking for something with a longer cable but at this price cant complain

Did yours work? I bought the same one and it doesn't work, TV recognises the MHL device but the phone doesn't.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread