Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which HDMI cables work with HOX?

Tip us?

guardian1128
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I picked up an mhl cable for the samsung galaxy series of phones from ebay last week, charges the one x and plays everything from the screen straight to the TV via HDML, works great. Tried posting a link but less than 8 posts but worth looking on ebay for though.

Berserk87
Old
Thanks Meter 17
i'm curious if anyone has found an mhl adapter that will working without needing power.
Rogers HTC One X / Unlocked / S-OFF / Rooted / Sense 5 T-Mobile Stock Rom / Beastmode Kernel 3.5

lawrence750
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk87 View Post
i'm curious if anyone has found an mhl adapter that will working without needing power.
i don't think its possible. the port on any hdmi output (ie bluray etc) would need to have some sort of power source, the mhl doesnt output enough (if any) power to run the hdmi, hence the requirement for a separate power source.

i use my portable charger to run it, works a treat.

Berserk87
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Iphones are able to output hdmi with just an adapter, so i dont see why an one x wouldnt be able to.
Rogers HTC One X / Unlocked / S-OFF / Rooted / Sense 5 T-Mobile Stock Rom / Beastmode Kernel 3.5
Doombadger Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk87 View Post
In order to do this you need an mhl capable TV. Any TV with HDMI will display video but only TVs certified as mhl capable will charge the device via HDMI.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

mertzi
Old
Thanks Meter 95
and if you have a tv with a usb port for flashdrives or external drives next to the hdmi port, would that give power? maybe the output is too low, but it might at least keep the battery from draining right? cause then i could use a short usb cable and avoid having a cable coming from another source. I hate cables but don't trust the media link thing to work well, i've read that it uses some kind of compression for video, and that is a big no no.

dolmas
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I bought a cheap MHL from ebay and works perfect
Cannot work without power supply...

imy300
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by siaosi View Post
I've just gone for this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00

Will probably get it tomorrow. Tried a similar one yesterday at my mate's house and it worked fine on his 19' monitor.
Ordered one as well - should have next week so i'll report back how it works out. Was looking for something with a longer cable but at this price cant complain
Touch HD... HTC Desire...SGS ii
Dutty's V3.6 XT Final NexTSense_3.4 LeeDroid 2.0c MIUI-AU 0.11.12 R2a...Simple & Cleans 2.4.3 with JKay 13.2

shangostar
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by imy300 View Post
Ordered one as well - should have next week so i'll report back how it works out. Was looking for something with a longer cable but at this price cant complain

Did yours work? I bought the same one and it doesn't work, TV recognises the MHL device but the phone doesn't.