Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZAGG Invisishield for Xperia S

Tip us?

codyellow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default ZAGG Invisishield for Xperia S

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had tried using this and their thoughts on it. Also, which one did you get (maximum, easy install, just screen) and whether or not you put it on top of the stock screen protector(/anti shatter thing) or removed that.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Thanks,

bustervic
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyellow View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had tried using this and their thoughts on it. Also, which one did you get (maximum, easy install, just screen) and whether or not you put it on top of the stock screen protector(/anti shatter thing) or removed that.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Thanks,
I have used both the Arc and iPhone versions (maximum). I like them a lot. Better than cases IMO. Use water to apply, and wait 24-48 for bubbles to disappear.
Formerly owned
Xperia S /4S / Xperia Arc / X10
The Following User Says Thank You to bustervic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

codyellow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustervic View Post
I have used both the Arc and iPhone versions (maximum). I like them a lot. Better than cases IMO. Use water to apply, and wait 24-48 for bubbles to disappear.
did you keep the anti-shatter/stock screen protector on? (the one thats not very noticeable)

bustervic
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I did, but really with my XS i would remove it. I felt it hurt the response, but that might have just been placebo effect.
Formerly owned
Xperia S /4S / Xperia Arc / X10
The Following User Says Thank You to bustervic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gloris
Old
Thanks Meter 87
the zagg's are good, we just had one put on dad's ipad. if you goto carphone warehouse they will do professional fitting for you with lifetime warrenty.....you buy the zagg from them, pay an extra 10 (i know they are expensive to start with too, ipad one was 30 to start with, then the extra 10) and they will fit it for you, smooth, bubble free, and any issues arise they will replace it at any time, lifetime warrenty....

at least, that's what they do for iphone/ipad

Handy0
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well, ZAGG offer the Lifetime warranty themselves. I've replaced many of their products after getting dirt underneath or changing to yellowish colour (6-8 months of usage) and they replaced them FREE of charge.

I've been using InvisibleSheild on my gadgets for couple of years and I'm so happy with their protection, how they look on the phone and their service.

But to be honest, I didn't find the SXS InvisibleShield (Maximum protection) to be as good as they were for Arc or X10.

They don't seem to cover the corners (where normally the phone gets most of the hit when falling) And they seem to peel of much faster than previous versions of ZAGG products. Started peeling in less than 2 weeks and eventually have collected dust underneath (especially the corners). I also noticed that it doesn't fit exactly to cover all parts of the phone as I can see many areas of the phone unprotected. And believe me I do have experience in applying these products as I've been doing it to all my gadgets (Xperia X10 - 3 times, Xperia Arc - 3 times, MacBook Pro - 1 time, PS Vita - 1 time and Xperia S - 1 time).

So, as an expert with ZAGG products I'd say this is the worst product I've received so far (Screen protecion is great though). Not sure if I was unlucky to have received one of the "faulty" products but this is my experience so far.

And if you want to use ZAGG product for SXS, then I'd suggest getting the screen protection only of the full protection (screen and back) rather than the maximum protection which doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be!

Forgot to mention that I applied the InvisibleShield over the original screen protection of the phone and didn't notice any issues with responsiveness (maybe only a bit harder to swipe fast when your hands are wet/sweating because of the nature of the InvisibleSHeild material).
The Following User Says Thank You to Handy0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaizokan
Old
(Last edited by kaizokan; 12th July 2012 at 04:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 73
How is the grip of the ZAGG skins? too bad it has a shiny finish. The xperia S has a prettly slippery back, i thought maybe a skin like this could solve that when i don't use a cover. other brands are 'Wrapsol' and 'Best Skins Ever' but they don't have skins for XPS

JOSE89178
Old
(Last edited by JOSE89178; 18th July 2012 at 04:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30

I bought and had it for about 5 days and followed the wait 24-48 hours before using your device. The first day and a half it was ok but then it started peeling off and yellowing. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT! STAY AWAY FROM IT!

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to JOSE89178 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

codyellow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
a year later, here's my update lol.. (i got the full/maximum protection thing)

I personally didn't like it - I used it for a week, then swapped for a case. Maybe my expectations were wrong, but I thought it would come as a couple of big pieces, and wrap around the whole device and cover/protect the edges. Turns out there are actually quite a few small pieces which are meant to cover the flat surfaces, but cover none of the edges. They ended up peeling quite quickly for me (perhaps I didn't apply it well) but I didn't particularly like the overall feel of it, or having exposed edges (of the protection and my phone) so I didn't end up keeping it