Out of idea's
(Posted this earlier, but just saw it was in the category of General S5830.. appologies for that)
Unfortunately I've got the same problem. I can't get my S5830i in download mode.
I know that it's Volume up+down and power button. Screen light up and off... Then up again .....and that's it. Black screen with the backlight turned on.
I tried installing custom rom (RazoDroid) and during install it froze.... Bricked my phone. Was able to go into download mode and used Odin v1.84 to unbrick. After that I installed RazoDroid and tried to patch some system files to get arabic language working (patch found on this forum)... Didn't work...so installed Retribution, but patch also didn't work on that one.
Decided to install middle eastern rom on the phone (as it's for a friend who's english is bad but arabic is perfect)...tried going to download mode...and nothing..
1) Tried depleting phone completely and holding buttons then installing the battery... No success
2) Tried removing battery and inserting USB.. then volume up+down then inserting battery... No success
3) Tried removing battery and inserting USB...then volume up+down+power then inserting battery.... No succes
4) Tried number 2+3 with non-standard USB...no success
5) Tried OneClick soft unbrick..... no success
6) Installing different custom roms.... but understand that this doesn't change boot
7) Internet/forums are out of solutions..... Posting this post ....success?
---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------
Just thinking... Is it possible to update/repair the boot file...in order to get the download mode working again?