[Q] galaxy s5830i download mode

8th May 2012, 03:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
hi all
i cant put galaxy 5830i in download mode not by volume down+ home+ power and by cmd .can any one help.
thanksssssssssssss
8th May 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

50 posts
it's volume up+ volume down + power dude
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nishirao91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 32

171 posts
That's right, volume down + home buttom + power button. you've put it in download mode ever? may be that the carrier has blocked.
10th June 2012, 04:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
thankkk alot
13th September 2012, 12:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Out of idea's
Hello,

(Posted this earlier, but just saw it was in the category of General S5830.. appologies for that)

Unfortunately I've got the same problem. I can't get my S5830i in download mode.

I know that it's Volume up+down and power button. Screen light up and off... Then up again .....and that's it. Black screen with the backlight turned on.

What happened?
I tried installing custom rom (RazoDroid) and during install it froze.... Bricked my phone. Was able to go into download mode and used Odin v1.84 to unbrick. After that I installed RazoDroid and tried to patch some system files to get arabic language working (patch found on this forum)... Didn't work...so installed Retribution, but patch also didn't work on that one.
Decided to install middle eastern rom on the phone (as it's for a friend who's english is bad but arabic is perfect)...tried going to download mode...and nothing..

Solutions
1) Tried depleting phone completely and holding buttons then installing the battery... No success
2) Tried removing battery and inserting USB.. then volume up+down then inserting battery... No success
3) Tried removing battery and inserting USB...then volume up+down+power then inserting battery.... No succes
4) Tried number 2+3 with non-standard USB...no success
5) Tried OneClick soft unbrick..... no success
6) Installing different custom roms.... but understand that this doesn't change boot
7) Internet/forums are out of solutions..... Posting this post ....success?

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Just thinking... Is it possible to update/repair the boot file...in order to get the download mode working again?
13th September 2012, 01:16 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Panaji
Thanks Meter: 888

1,367 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moesab

Hello,

(Posted this earlier, but just saw it was in the category of General S5830.. appologies for that)

Unfortunately I've got the same problem. I can't get my S5830i in download mode.

I know that it's Volume up+down and power button. Screen light up and off... Then up again .....and that's it. Black screen with the backlight turned on.

What happened?
I tried installing custom rom (RazoDroid) and during install it froze.... Bricked my phone. Was able to go into download mode and used Odin v1.84 to unbrick. After that I installed RazoDroid and tried to patch some system files to get arabic language working (patch found on this forum)... Didn't work...so installed Retribution, but patch also didn't work on that one.
Decided to install middle eastern rom on the phone (as it's for a friend who's english is bad but arabic is perfect)...tried going to download mode...and nothing..

Solutions
1) Tried depleting phone completely and holding buttons then installing the battery... No success
2) Tried removing battery and inserting USB.. then volume up+down then inserting battery... No success
3) Tried removing battery and inserting USB...then volume up+down+power then inserting battery.... No succes
6) Installing different custom roms.... but understand that this doesn't change boot

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Just thinking... Is it possible to update/repair the boot file...in order to get the download mode working again?

Remove battery
Keep pressing vol up + vol down + power
Insert the battery while pressing the buttons
Keep pressing until u c download mode.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to domnic79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2012, 01:39 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
Quote:

Hello,

What happened?

Solutions

I had the same problem as you, I tried for hours to get the dam phone into download mode without success.

When I try to put the phone into download mode I just get a constant black (but 'on') screen. I found that even though this is the case the phone is still recognised in odin, as is the yellow bar would appear in odin. I was able to unbrick my phone by reloading a stock rom and then re-put retribution back on the phone but even now if I try to put the phone in download mode I still get the black screen.

Ive learned to live with it.

Lee
13th September 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #8  

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1wilber

I had the same problem as you, I tried for hours to get the dam phone into download mode without success.

When I try to put the phone into download mode I just get a constant black (but 'on') screen. I found that even though this is the case the phone is still recognised in odin, as is the yellow bar would appear in odin. I was able to unbrick my phone by reloading a stock rom and then re-put retribution back on the phone but even now if I try to put the phone in download mode I still get the black screen.

Ive learned to live with it.

Lee

Lee,

Question... I thought I needed the phone in download mode in order to reload/reflash a stock rom. Could you tell me how to do this....
I tried Odin before and it was just waiting to connect to the phone...

What I want to do is get a middle eastern stock rom installed and give it to my friend. I'm not interested to have download mode working.

Many thanks for the support!

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by domnic79

Remove battery
Keep pressing vol up + vol down + power
Insert the battery while pressing the buttons
Keep pressing until u c download mode.

after seeing the Noob video, I decided to keep my stupid questions to a minimum.
What you're suggested...I at least tried 30 times... Not working for me

Thanks though for your post
13th September 2012, 05:27 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Panaji
Thanks Meter: 888

1,367 posts
More
Quote:

Hello,

What happened?

Solutions

When u go in download mode, u get black screen rite? Does d background lite comes on with d black screen?
13th September 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #10  

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domnic79

When u go in download mode, u get black screen rite? Does d background lite comes on with d black screen?

Yeah black screen with the backlight switched on. Whatever I do, nothing happens.... Only...if I keep volume down pressed, it boots normally.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread