OP nycbjr

13th May 2012, 05:51 PM   |  #31  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,062

5,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just copied nycbjr original post of root here on xda into this thread.
14th May 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 14

238 posts
I have done this on two different tablets now and both of them now have SOD issues every time I turn the screen off. I have tried flashing recovery to flash a stock rom, but in odin it gets stuck at the "Setupconnection..." and never goes past that part. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.
14th May 2012, 01:06 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 47

142 posts
I rooted mines using unlockr site. But I did had to download Kies for the Drivers and you do need a memory card.

I. Before You Begin:

1. Rooting your Galaxy Tab will void its warranty and it can only be gained back by either applying stock firmware or unrooting your tablet.

II. Downloading Required Files:

1. Download ClockworkMod Recovery Image from here.

2. Download the Rooting Package from here.

3. Download the Odin tool from here.

III. Installing CWM Recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

1. First of all, close Kies software on your PC.

2. Reboot your Galaxy Tab 2 into the download mode. You can do so by pressing and holding both Volume DOWN and Power keys together.

3. Press the Volume UP key to enter into the download mode.

4. Launch the Odin Tool on your PC by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe file.

5. Connect your tablet to your PC using the USB cable.

6. From the Odin Tool, choose PDA and then select the recovery.tar.md5 file you downloaded earlier. You will have following screen:

[ Select "PDA" option ]

7. Click on the Start button to begin flashing recovery. Your tablet will reboot when the flashing is done.

8. Disconnect your tablet from the PC.

We completed installing CWM recovery on the tablet, now move on to the rooting procedure.

IV. Rooting your Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch:

1. Turn OFF your tablet.

2. Boot your tablet into the recovery mode by pressing and holding both the Volume UP and Power keys simultaneously.

3. Choose install zip from sdcard option and then navigate to the rooting package you downloaded earlier. It will begin rooting your tablet, let it do it.

4. When the rooting is done, choose Reboot system now from the recovery menu.

Everything’s done now. You have successfully rooted your tablet as well as installed CWM recovery on it. This simple root method was brought to us by a RootzWiki user nycbjr, you should thank/donate him over at rootzwiki for his great work!
Last edited by cbetso; 14th May 2012 at 01:09 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cbetso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 7

98 posts
I know this is the wrong forum and the 10.1 model was just released a couple of days ago, but I wonder if this or a similar method would root the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 as the 7 and the 10.1 share the same hardware and OS from Samsung across the board, aside from the screen size.

Hmm. I wonder. Or not, as I don't want to brick my new 10.1, and I've already rooted my 7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
15th May 2012, 05:13 AM   |  #35  
Isla De Muerta
Thanks Meter: 15

46 posts
Angry GT P3100
Anyone with GT P3100 may confirm this method?

I'm just a click away to flashing the zip file, when hesitation arise
16th May 2012, 02:38 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 17

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbetso

I rooted mines using unlockr site. But I did had to download Kies for the Drivers and you do need a memory card.

I. Before You Begin:

1. Rooting your Galaxy Tab will void its warranty and it can only be gained back by either applying stock firmware or unrooting your tablet.

II. Downloading Required Files:

1. Download ClockworkMod Recovery Image from here.

2. Download the Rooting Package from here.

3. Download the Odin tool from here.

III. Installing CWM Recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

1. First of all, close Kies software on your PC.

2. Reboot your Galaxy Tab 2 into the download mode. You can do so by pressing and holding both Volume DOWN and Power keys together.

3. Press the Volume UP key to enter into the download mode.

4. Launch the Odin Tool on your PC by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe file.

5. Connect your tablet to your PC using the USB cable.

6. From the Odin Tool, choose PDA and then select the recovery.tar.md5 file you downloaded earlier. You will have following screen:

[ Select "PDA" option ]

7. Click on the Start button to begin flashing recovery. Your tablet will reboot when the flashing is done.

8. Disconnect your tablet from the PC.

We completed installing CWM recovery on the tablet, now move on to the rooting procedure.

IV. Rooting your Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch:

1. Turn OFF your tablet.

2. Boot your tablet into the recovery mode by pressing and holding both the Volume UP and Power keys simultaneously.

3. Choose install zip from sdcard option and then navigate to the rooting package you downloaded earlier. It will begin rooting your tablet, let it do it.

4. When the rooting is done, choose Reboot system now from the recovery menu.

Everything’s done now. You have successfully rooted your tablet as well as installed CWM recovery on it. This simple root method was brought to us by a RootzWiki user nycbjr, you should thank/donate him over at rootzwiki for his great work!

I am receiving E:signature verification failed message.
17th May 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #37  
Flag #!/usr/bin/Detroit
Thanks Meter: 55

164 posts
More
After doing this on two different devices today, both of them had massive performance problems (nearly unusable lag, super slow unlocks, etc) and a few black screens of death. So I likely screwed something up. After some tinkering, the fix for both devices involved doing a kernel flash in Heimdall with a stock version rom's boot.img file. Now I have root and a devices that's totally usable again.

I'll toss up some detailed directions if anyone needs, but here are the files I used for this:
1) Heimdall
2) gt-p3110.pit
3) IML74K-P3113UEALD3-stock.zip (Extract this, use the boot.img file for the partition file under the Flash tab)
The Following User Says Thank You to Juvenall For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #38  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 46

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenall

After doing this on two different devices today, both of them had massive performance problems (nearly unusable lag, super slow unlocks, etc) and a few black screens of death. So I likely screwed something up. After some tinkering, the fix for both devices involved doing a kernel flash in Heimdall with a stock version rom's boot.img file. Now I have root and a devices that's totally usable again.

I'll toss up some detailed directions if anyone needs, but here are the files I used for this:
1) Heimdall
2) gt-p3110.pit
3) IML74K-P3113UEALD3-stock.zip (Extract this, use the boot.img file for the partition file under the Flash tab)

Thanks a bunch for the info. I also had that unusable lag problem with the heimdall method, and it seems that you found the solution! In my case, I restored everything to stock using the file in your 3), and then used ODIN on a PC. Good to know that I can use my mac/linux next time I have to root my device for some reason.
18th May 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 212

526 posts
More
No one can confirm if this works on P3100 http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...p3100-4543.php ?
18th May 2012, 07:44 AM   |  #40  
NorCal, Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 105

331 posts
So I can assume flashing the CWM recovery kernel will trip the flash counter?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using XDA
Last edited by snipe2nite; 18th May 2012 at 08:27 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread