Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][SEP.30]Bricked-Kernel|2.6.39.4|v0.7|Sweep2Wake|mpdecision|stickyf req

Tip us?

show-p1984
Old
(Last edited by show-p1984; 30th September 2012 at 06:45 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 11418

DONATE TO ME
Angry [KERNEL][SEP.30]Bricked-Kernel|2.6.39.4|v0.7|Sweep2Wake|mpdecision|stickyf req

Bricked-Kernel One X (endeavoru)

The first 100% stable kernel for the HTC One X (endeavoru)
(thx HTC for the screwed source btw, fixed it ^^)
Replaced NVIDIA's strange hotplug manager with my own: tegra_mpdecision

Features:

Based upon HTC source
Fixed all stability issues from the HTC source
Fixed all section mismatches
Various other fixes
Sweep2wake
tegra_mpdecision, which completely replaces nvidias hotplug manager (better battery life + performance)
extensive sysfs interface for mpdecision with all the tuneables you want
modified ondemand governor for tegra3 & mpdecision (this is the only recommended governor atm)
fixed sound playback while screen is off
GPU OC (484Mhz)
Variant free CPU OC for all phones (51 - 1600Mhz)
Compiled with gcc4.7
fixed max cpufreq resets throughout the kernel
all cores now use the max freq (before: only in singlecore, otherwise -100Mhz)
Undervolting (faux123)
Check the changelog for the rest
Changelog @ bricked.de
What is sweep2wake?

How to install?

!!!!IMPORTANT!!!!
Flash through recovery. But:
Since the htcdev unlock prevents us from flashing the boot partition from recovery, the installer will ONLY INSTALL THE MODULES & disable the HTC screenshot! (needed as a fixup for sweep2wake, use the AOSP screenshot pwr+vol.down instead)
_YOU_ will need to flash the boot.img within the zip (folder: kernel) yourself! (extract it to your desktop so you can use the commands given to you here)
I can't stress enough how important this is. _YOU_ will need to flash it.

How to do that (full guide, if you use the reboot option given to you by the installer you will only need steps 1 & 4-7)
1. Install HTC drivers (how to do that is explained a hundred times all over the web)
2. Reboot
3. in the boot animation, connect your phone to your computer and do:
adb reboot-bootloader
4. You should now see "FASTBOOT USB", if that is the case:
fastboot flash boot %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\boot.img
5. fastboot reboot
6. check with: adb shell uname -a if it says bricked.
7. enjoy

ofc these steps can also be done before the installer is executed from recovery. Just be sure to complete both.

Where to complain about errors/bugs?

Please use the Issuetracker for bugs/errors/feature wishes!
Issuetracker @ https://code.google.com/p/bricked/issues/entry

showp1984@googlemail.com
IRC Chat: Freenode IRC #bricked
Download:

No Guarantees! If it kills your grandmother or your device, I am NOT responsible! If you understand this:
(If you download, please hit Thanks below my post! Thank you!)

*stables* [STABLE] Click me
*betas* [Possibly unstable, for testing only.] Click me

Donor List:

Source:

in Euro.

Creator of Sweep2wake, cmdline_khz/gov/scheduler/maxscroff, badass, 3-phase-kernel-thermal-control, kernel mpdecision (msm/tegra), etc...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." [Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law]

<<<< Before you ask questions, read and understand this! >>>>
Translations:
Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.

KControl thread on xda:
The Following 258 Users Say Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

show-p1984
Old
(Last edited by show-p1984; 24th September 2012 at 05:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11418

DONATE TO ME
Battery life

(InsertCoin)

Performance:
in Euro.

Creator of Sweep2wake, cmdline_khz/gov/scheduler/maxscroff, badass, 3-phase-kernel-thermal-control, kernel mpdecision (msm/tegra), etc...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." [Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law]

Translations:
Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.

KControl thread on xda:
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

show-p1984
Old
(Last edited by show-p1984; 30th September 2012 at 06:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11418

DONATE TO ME
Knowledge base:
(under construction)

tegra_mpdecision manual:
coming soon(tm)

Why only clock with 1.4 Ghz max?
That's not a fix, just a point of opinion. I provide stock or close-to-stock kernel settings in regards to UV/Clocks. Usually I don't take HTC's 'stock' but the manufacturer of the component. In this case the soc, so NVIDIA.
Our stock-phone is clocked with 1.5Ghz single core and 1.4Ghz multicore (as soon as the 2nd core comes up). Usually, whatever you do, you will instantly trigger the second core to come up, if even only for a short time. This would effectively limit the cpu clock speed to 1.4Ghz for that time.
Since I overwrote the clock reduce, our phone will clock with the set max at all times. Which, in this case, is overclocking.
So I just reduced the clock back to it's "stock" setting and please trust me that you won't notice the difference to stock in Benchmarks, UI performance, or anywhere else. Not only because it is only 100Mhz on ONE CORE, but also because that core seldom runs alone and therefore can only use the 1.5Ghz for a very short time.

You are ofc free to clock it back to 1.5Ghz again. Please note that this counts as overclocking and the same rules as undervolting apply to it.

in Euro.

Translations:

KControl thread on xda:
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the_maker
Old
Thanks Meter 516
Soon to be tested will post results...

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the_maker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

THANHVO31
Old
Thanks Meter 528

DONATE TO ME
Will it work with all the builds say 1.29, 1.28, 1.26?

Sent from my HTC One X
HTC HD2 512. MIUI HD2 JB + HTC One X (CID_044) + LG G2 D802 4.4.2 + Kindle Fire + Nexus 7 3G + Nexus 7 LTE + iPad2 7.1

show-p1984
Old
Thanks Meter 11418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by THANHVO31 View Post
Will it work with all the builds say 1.29, 1.28, 1.26?
I am on 1.29, that's what I have tested. Chances are it will work fine with all builds, test it and report back
in Euro.

Translations:

KControl thread on xda:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rycon33
Old
Thanks Meter 1198
got excited and flashed the kernel,
no luck, stuck on htc splash screen

- 1.28 firmware(coredroid 2.1 ROM)
My Nexus 5 mods for PA
My Xperia SP on Paranoid Android
My Family's Android devices - xperia P, xperia SP, xperia TX, moto G, and nexus 5

thedan55
Old
Thanks Meter 35
show-p1984!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so happy to see you here!!!!!!!!!!!! love your work on the bricked kernel for the hp touchpad!!!!

cant wait to get stuck into this one!!!!!!!!!

also will you be adding otg support?? just seen it in the changelog for the eternity kernel.

once again so glad to see you working on this awesome device!!!!!!!!!!!!

deagleone
Old
Thanks Meter 1202
Buhhhuuuhhhuuuuuuu.... No pc atm.
Download your kernel right now, flash @ 6:15 dhft! (deagleonehomecommingflashtime)

Thanks show, will report

InsertCoined from my nearly"bricked" One X (thanks show, for doing your business^^)
The Following User Says Thank You to deagleone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolfraim
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
after test eternity project i will test yours. Thanks for your work!!
HTC Fuze -> Blackberry 8520 -> Blackberry 9300 -> Blackberry Torch 9800 -> Samsung Galaxy S2 -> Motorola Razr Maxx -> Blackberry Q10 -> HTC One X -> Samsung Galaxy S4 -> LG G2 D805 (Now D802)

LG G2 D805 | ROM: CloudyStock 2
Kernel: SimpleKernel 4 | Recovery: PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.26.6

IF I HELPED YOU PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!

Tags
** sweep2wake **, best kernel, kernel-god, master jedi, the force is strong with this one, yoda