This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Working with Senior CyanogenMod team members, I brought TBalden into the project. TBalden has brought his large amount of Doubleshot experience to CyanogenMod Doubleshot porting, and together we have created (in very short order) a stable Alpha. TBalden created a team for maintenance of the Doubleshot with CyanogenMod going forward, "TeamDS".
- Upgrading from previous Doubleshot CM9 Alpha?
1. It should be safe to flash the Alpha5 zip on top of previous alphas. DO backup your phone in case something goes wrong, but a wipe shouldn't be necessary coming from CM9 Alpha1.
NOTE that the install wipes /system, so you may find you need to reflash gapps.
- First time flashing CM 9 to your MyTouch4g Slide (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM7?
1. Follow instructions above. CM upgrade from CM7 Alpha1 will likely incur weird issues.
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was your problem a hard reboot? Get us the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was your problem a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred.
- For now, please leave comments in the forums. TBalden and I will will be monitoring for activity as we continue to fix known issues.
- Join #TeamDS on Freenode to talk to us directly.
Direct download URL: http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-9...hot-signed.zip
Alpha6 MD5: f9f0e4d95d7802e6ccb3b938b69ef7e0 . Build date 20120723.
(hosted by Jeagoss of CyanogenMod, thanks!)
You can find the latest CyanogenMod GAPPS CyanogenMod Wiki. Bottom of page, "CyanogenMod 9" GAPPS (latest works as of writing).
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
As of Alpha4, Doubleshot source (device and kernel) has official open source CyanogenMod repos, with Gerrit access (https://review.cyanogenmod.com)
----- CHANGES -----
Alpha6 Changelog (from Alpha5)
- Updated kernel base to v3.0.36 from upstream AOSP branch.
- Updated keylayout. TAB now mapped to ALT+TAB, www./.com functions properly.
- Camera is no longer crashing (in our testing). This is from an upstream CM frameworks change.
- Bluetooth wake lock is "fixed". When paired with handsfree audio, etc, and in standby, deep sleep works as expected.
- Bluetooth tethering is functional, though not 100% yet.
- Upstream changes in CyanogenMod. See http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z for info on these Upstream changes.
Please note that camera and bluetooth functionality are still a work in progress. In testing, we find more compatibility, less crashing, less power consumption overall. If you find steps to reproduce crashing, etc, please capture logs.
The current buglist:
- If you use Face Unlock, I have experienced an issue where sometimes the screen will go "dark" when attempting to unlock the phone, requiring a battery reset. This is infrequent, but only Face Unlock causes this problem.
- Recording in camcorder @ 1080 doesn't work. (Other modes are fine, we have not removed 1080p from options yet).
- Lights issues (more than one):
-- Function keys on physical keyboard do not light up (CAPS/ALT), but the buttons work.
-- Backlight on keyboard works most of the time, but can randomly go dark.
- Random battery statistics issues. Not all people have this issue, it seems specific to the battery you use.
- Google+ Hangouts do not work right now.
- Very occasional radio (4g and sometimes bluetooth/wifi) dropoff/reset. Some have reports a SIM card message requesting power reset, which can be cleared by hitting back. Other times, turning data on/off resolves issue.
Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between kornyone & tbalden. A LOT of core works for msm8660 was put in by many CM Team members, and much of our work is based on their: toastcfh, Kali-, Kmobs, Bumblebee, cretin45, and all of the rest of CM!
You can get all of the Doubleshot source from the following URLs:
CyanogenMod source is available from CyanogenMod Github
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.
(Added 5/11) Join us on freenode, #TeamDS, if you would like to chat about this rom or provide help with fixes.
(Added 5/14) Updated to Alpha2.
(Added 5/23) Updated to Alpha3
(Added 6/8) Updated to Alpha4
(Added 6/27) Updated to Alpha5
(Added 7/23) Updated to Alpha6
(Added 7/26) Added Bug tracker http://code.google.com/p/teamds/issues/list