Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] One Click HTC One X (AT&T/Rogers/Others) (Win/Mac/Linux)

Tip us?

The_Zodiac
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoshko1 View Post
Can doing this mess our signal up...cause Im getting horrible service now

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
shouldnt be related at all. may want to try turning your phone off and removing and re inserting your sim card. sometimes its not seated correctly
HTC One X
Current Rom:
ViperXL

Nexus 7 (2013)
Current Rom:
CleanROM

kkoshko1
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Will try thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

kakwvu
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Good looks. I remember when I had the Atrix at launch, you lead the charge for that device as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to kakwvu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lessthanzach
Old
(Last edited by lessthanzach; 11th May 2012 at 09:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 358
EDIT: Having issues still. Will report back
Edit #2:Ok, deleted the entire post and updated the link.
So, I run Windows 8 in all its fancy flashy metro glory. Well, the drivers provided in OP and pretty much ANYWHERE will not install on Win 8 64 bit. So, after quite a bit of dancing around on the googles I found THIS and THIS.
Basically install the HTC Sync software(you have to disable AV according to installer) then close the software. Then extract the zip (doesn't matter where), then go to your Device Manager, then you should see an "Android Device" with a yellow exclamation next to it indicating that no driver is installed. At this point, click "Update Driver", then choose to browse for the driver rather than auto install. Now point towards the directory to extracted the zip to. Windows should quickly say that the driver was installed.

Now, I still had issues with the batch not working. 2 things it could have been: 1 - My AV had turned itself back on, so I quickly disabled it after the failed batch. 2 - I had previously set the default USB connection to Disk Drive, so after the batch rebooted the phone, my One X immediately defaulted to disk drive. I quickly set that back to Charge Only and now voila! I got SuperSU baby!

Figured I would leave this here for anyone who is feeling lonely on Windows 8! Thanks so much! I know it's not your original code, but thank you for putting it here for us and for testing!
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC_Driver_64.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.41 MB, 83 views)

Go Here and make a difference!

Do it for Emily and Joe!

Task650 AOKP'd Galaxy SIII

Hit my "Thanks" if I helped you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lessthanzach For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

holtenc
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanzach View Post
EDIT: Having issues still. Will report back
I was unable to install the included drivers because I run windows 8 64bit. As a fix, I installed the HTC Sync software (that is actually a bitch to find, the support page for AT&T One X has no downloads section) that is found here. The install program asks that you disable Antivirus which was strange but it's most likely due to the fact that the installation downloads drivers, msmxl and Adobe Air and installs them (I guess some antivirus might detect that as trojan?).
Anyways, just figured I'd post this to any Windows 8 users that are feeling left out.
when you plug your hox into your PC via USB.. you should get the "Choose a connection type:" display. From there select "HTC Sync Manager" and you SHOULD get an auto-play type windows on your PC. Click the green icon from there and it will open a web browser to a page where you can download the HTC Sync software, which includes drivers.

FYI

lessthanzach
Old
Thanks Meter 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by holtenc View Post
when you plug your hox into your PC via USB.. you should get the "Choose a connection type:" display. From there select "HTC Sync Manager" and you SHOULD get an auto-play type windows on your PC. Click the green icon from there and it will open a web browser to a page where you can download the HTC Sync software, which includes drivers.

FYI
Thanks but that was a no go on Win 8 for me. The software, though it does include drivers, does not install any drivers on Win 8 machines. I posted a workaround as an edit above for anyone that is in the same boat.

**The More You Know**

Go Here and make a difference!

Do it for Emily and Joe!

Task650 AOKP'd Galaxy SIII

Hit my "Thanks" if I helped you

PeQuEsan
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Can anyone confirm the info posted some posts back, that after applying a stock RUU you get a complete untouched (so no "unlocked" anywhere) bootloader again? If so, this would be the first "HTC warranty safe" rooting method...

Thanks a lot.

aspj111
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeQuEsan View Post
Can anyone confirm the info posted some posts back, that after applying a stock RUU you get a complete untouched (so no "unlocked" anywhere) bootloader again? If so, this would be the first "HTC warranty safe" rooting method...

Thanks a lot.
I used the stock RUU and my phone did not show the tampered bootloader,so I would say yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to aspj111 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PeQuEsan
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by calin75 View Post
If you restore the stock RUU, it will take the tampered banner away. I just tried it.
THIS is what I'm trying to confirm... Anyone?

EDIT: Sorry aspj111, didn't see your post! Thanks a lot man!

Akshit97
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default one click root for samsung galaxy fit s5670

can anyone please make one click root for galaxy fit..i am a newbie and m afraid of rooting and bricking up my phone..