Acceleration Fix!!!! Auto Rotation Fix!!!! (FOR ICS custom ROMS)

Search This thread

jeffrey.phil@gmail.com

May 1, 2012
Chennai
EDITED
This post should probably go to the development section, but im a new user! so they wont allow me to post there :(

PEOPLE USING CUSTOM ICS ROMS, ARE BOUND TO THE AUTO ROTATION PROBLEM, I CAME ACROSS SOMETHING THAT HAS HELPED FIX ...// or atleast reduce the auto rotation lag and even enabled me to play motion-sensor controlled games such as "star bounder" ... apparently SE hasn't released proper drivers for MIDP devices.

My Phone : Xperia Mini st15i (unlocked bootloader)
Current Rom : MiniCMSandwich Lite AOSP
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1638962
Kernel : boot_smultron_v2_lite.img

Autorotation Fix :
step 1)
turn off auto rotation from settings >> display >> auto rotate.

step 2)
install "advanced tools" from google play //free version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scd.atools&hl=en

step 3)
open advanced tools app.
GO to DEVICES >> Sensor Analysis >> Accelerometer >> Reset.

& also
DEVICES >> Sensor Analysis >> Compass >> Calibrate >> Follow Instructions

Now minimize app by pressing home, turn on auto rotation ! try it out ! play motion - sensor based games....such as "star bounder" auto rotation is much faster. (after phone restart or after a while u might want to repeat step 4 again)

PERMANENT FIX - my guess is to have a root access application (that could come with the Rom or could be flashed via recovery) that can calibrate auto rotation (or gyroscope) permanently .. like that of galaxy s2... Settings > calibrate Gyroscope.

PLEASE HIT Thanx button! and help me get into development section soon, thanx. :)

Last edited:

kamarush

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 26, 2011
Salzburg
All of the files in the zip, are useless. The only one thing, what reduces the accelerometer "lag" here is the Advanced Tools from play store.

And please, don't post here SGS2 stuff. It has completely different hardware.

Last edited:

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
All of the files in the zip, are useless. The only one thing, what reduces the accelerometer "lag" here is the Advanced Tools from play store.

Got to agree.
Also checked the details of the .zip file, there are quite a few files, that don't even exist on Xperia ICS ROM.

Reactions: kamarush

ronaldvalles

Aug 4, 2011
Caracas

Kamarush apologies but I think he tries to help not be so cruel to him, explains that it is new and wants to help,

No offense,

jeffrey.phil@gmail.com

May 1, 2012
Chennai
Oh!

Sorry guys! well but i flashed the zip. (i dint know what was in en all... ) just flashed it .. then did the calirate thingee from advanced tools and it worked...... i could play motion sensor based games. , i thought the zip had to do something wid the ics software bit. nyways... could u guys, try to make a calibration tool that resets the accelerometer every time phone starts automatically .. or wth root access, calibrates once en for all.

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
Sorry guys! well but i flashed the zip. (i dint know what was in en all... ) just flashed it .. then did the calirate thingee from advanced tools and it worked...... i could play motion sensor based games. , i thought the zip had to do something wid the ics software bit. nyways... could u guys, try to make a calibration tool that resets the accelerometer every time phone starts automatically .. or wth root access, calibrates once en for all.

yeah right. good luck keeping your phone in one piece with that, flashing everything that u stumble upon without knowing anything what it does.

cyrrrinda

Dec 29, 2011
... and where is that zip file please? Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

... and please why there is a link to "Free Up Ur Internal Memory *Move data/Dalvik-Cache to dev/ or system/ Partitions*" thread under "Current Rom" ?

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
... and where is that zip file please? Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

... and please why there is a link to "Free Up Ur Internal Memory *Move data/Dalvik-Cache to dev/ or system/ Partitions*" thread under "Current Rom" ?

Zip file is removed.
The link probably is set incorrect one.

It was known to not work, as files were from Samsung ROM, which probably do not work due to different sensors.

jeffrey.phil@gmail.com

May 1, 2012
Chennai
Sorry guys!!!!

my apologies for that zip file which i had linked to earlier..(flashing it caused me no harm though) BUT guys... try that advanced tools app from google play, trust me it fixes the accelerometer , auto rotation lag temporarily... just install it from google play. advanced tools >> devices >> sensor analyzer >> accelerometer >> reset . Now try temple run, starbounder, and it would work!!!! im a noob yeah, thats why ive asked brainy ppl out here... to make something that resets accelerometer from time to time, or during boot.... something is better than nothing guys! :cool:

gandhar

Jan 20, 2012
Goa
my apologies for that zip file which i had linked to earlier..(flashing it caused me no harm though) BUT guys... try that advanced tools app from google play, trust me it fixes the accelerometer , auto rotation lag temporarily... just install it from google play. advanced tools >> devices >> sensor analyzer >> accelerometer >> reset . Now try temple run, starbounder, and it would work!!!! im a noob yeah, thats why ive asked brainy ppl out here... to make something that resets accelerometer from time to time, or during boot.... something is better than nothing guys! :cool:

yes this is a temporary fix for the accelerometer..
i tried and the response time in gallery is improved.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDITED
    This post should probably go to the development section, but im a new user! so they wont allow me to post there :(

PEOPLE USING CUSTOM ICS ROMS, ARE BOUND TO THE AUTO ROTATION PROBLEM, I CAME ACROSS SOMETHING THAT HAS HELPED FIX ...// or atleast reduce the auto rotation lag and even enabled me to play motion-sensor controlled games such as "star bounder" ... apparently SE hasn't released proper drivers for MIDP devices.

My Phone : Xperia Mini st15i (unlocked bootloader)
    Current Rom : MiniCMSandwich Lite AOSP
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1638962
    Kernel : boot_smultron_v2_lite.img

Autorotation Fix :
    step 1)
    turn off auto rotation from settings >> display >> auto rotate.

step 2)
    install "advanced tools" from google play //free version
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scd.atools&hl=en

step 3)
    open advanced tools app.
    GO to DEVICES >> Sensor Analysis >> Accelerometer >> Reset.

& also
    DEVICES >> Sensor Analysis >> Compass >> Calibrate >> Follow Instructions

Now minimize app by pressing home, turn on auto rotation ! try it out ! play motion - sensor based games....such as "star bounder" auto rotation is much faster. (after phone restart or after a while u might want to repeat step 4 again)

PERMANENT FIX - my guess is to have a root access application (that could come with the Rom or could be flashed via recovery) that can calibrate auto rotation (or gyroscope) permanently .. like that of galaxy s2... Settings > calibrate Gyroscope.

PLEASE HIT Thanx button! and help me get into development section soon, thanx. :)

Got to agree.
    Also checked the details of the .zip file, there are quite a few files, that don't even exist on Xperia ICS ROM.