Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Captivate charging port woes..

Tip us?

startswithp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Captivate charging port woes..

my captivate stopped charging so I took it to be repaired. After 3 days and $35 I get my phone back and it charges anywhere with any mini usb charger. bad news is that it will not go into debugging mode when i plug it into my computer. It will still charge however when plugged in via usb cable. Just NO DATA transfer thru usb cable at all...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-05-09-07-44-16.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1050488  

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24,369

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by startswithp View Post
my captivate stopped charging so I took it to be repaired. After 3 days and $35 I get my phone back and it charges anywhere with any mini usb charger. bad news is that it will not go into debugging mode when i plug it into my computer. It will still charge however when plugged in via usb cable. Just NO DATA transfer thru usb cable at all...
D+ and D- are shorted together - bad repair
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

startswithp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I brought it back to the repair shop where the front desk girl proceeded to take my phone to the back for all of thirty seconds just to come out and say it's working fine... Guess I should've went with the $50 repair after all. Any way I can repair this at home? it.

aaricchavez
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by startswithp View Post
So I brought it back to the repair shop where the front desk girl proceeded to take my phone to the back for all of thirty seconds just to come out and say it's working fine... Guess I should've went with the $50 repair after all. Any way I can repair this at home? it.
Open your phone up and take a look, they probably accidentally soldered the D+ & - together like Entropy512 said. You could repair it yourself if you have any skill/s with a soldering iron.