Captivate charging port woes..

OP startswithp

9th May 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
my captivate stopped charging so I took it to be repaired. After 3 days and $35 I get my phone back and it charges anywhere with any mini usb charger. bad news is that it will not go into debugging mode when i plug it into my computer. It will still charge however when plugged in via usb cable. Just NO DATA transfer thru usb cable at all...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-05-09-07-44-16.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1050488  
9th May 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,470

13,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by startswithp

my captivate stopped charging so I took it to be repaired. After 3 days and $35 I get my phone back and it charges anywhere with any mini usb charger. bad news is that it will not go into debugging mode when i plug it into my computer. It will still charge however when plugged in via usb cable. Just NO DATA transfer thru usb cable at all...

D+ and D- are shorted together - bad repair
10th May 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
So I brought it back to the repair shop where the front desk girl proceeded to take my phone to the back for all of thirty seconds just to come out and say it's working fine... Guess I should've went with the $50 repair after all. Any way I can repair this at home? it.
11th May 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 47

169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by startswithp

So I brought it back to the repair shop where the front desk girl proceeded to take my phone to the back for all of thirty seconds just to come out and say it's working fine... Guess I should've went with the $50 repair after all. Any way I can repair this at home? it.

Open your phone up and take a look, they probably accidentally soldered the D+ & - together like Entropy512 said. You could repair it yourself if you have any skill/s with a soldering iron.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread