[TUTORIAL] Unlocking(relocking) Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i
At the beginning, i gave my girlfriend a galaxy ace GT-S5830i.
My Network is the Telenor, Her is the T-Mobile.
So i wanted to unlock it..
All the methods of the GT-S5830 isnt worked.
After few long days, ive found a relock method (Network Provider Change (not unlock))
Progies, you need:
- Android SDK (or simply an ADB environment, below uploaded)
- KIES (only for the drivers)
- Root file(below uploaded)
- Hex editor(Below uploaded)
First you have to root your phone.
- Copy the update.zip to SD card
- Turn off phone
- Press and hold the Home button, and the volume up button.
- Press and hold the power button, until the Galaxy Ace text appears and disappears.
- When disappears, release only the power button...
- Wait until the Galaxy Ace text appears and turns into bright yellow.
- Release all the buttons, and the recovery comes up.
-Choose the apply update from SD card, then choose the zip, you copied.
reboot your phone...
Alright, Here comes the relock procedure
- First make sure, the usb debug is turned on...
and the drivers are installed correctly (if it isn't, then install KIES)
- exrtact the ADB.zip from below to C:\
- Open Start Menu, then open Run command, and write here :
Then a command prompt comes up..
su !! A SU windows pops up in your phone.. Allow it !!
cat dev/block/bml15 > /data/local/bml15.bin
adb pull data/local/
Open this link:
h t t p :// en . wikipedia . org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code [remove the spaces]
Search for your current MCC and MNC.
and the provider, you wanted to change to.
write it down. First the MCC and then the MNC
For example i'd like to change from hungarian Telenor to hungarian T-Mobile
So for the hungarian telenor's MCC is 216 and MNC is 01 => 21601
and the hungarian T-Mobile's MCC is 216 and MNC is 30 => 21630
Extract the XVI32, you downloaded.
open it, and open the bml15.bin in your C:\ADB
At the Text String line enter your code (my example code is: 21601)
Change it to your next code (My example next code is: 21630)
Save it as bml15_unlocked.bin
Then open your command prompt again.
adb push bml15_unlocked.bin /data/local/bml15_unlocked
dd if=/data/local/bml15_unlocked of=/dev/bml15
Reboot your phone with the new sim card