Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

ZImbra calendar sync problem

OP ardkuijpers

10th May 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I try to sync with the Zimbra collaboration server at ny work through an ActiveSync account. This works fine for mail and contacts, but not the calendar. It won't sync at all.

I tried a lot of things: sync with another Zimbra demo server on the web: same problem. Syncing a LG phone on GB: works. Syncing my old HD2 (now on CyanogenMod 9, so also ICS): works syncs partly.

Since both Android 4 phones have issues, my guess is that it is related to ICS.

Can anybody confirm this issue?
10th May 2012, 09:48 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Anybody?
23rd May 2012, 12:45 AM   |  #3  

14 posts
Same problem here, tried purging my calendar of recurring items, purging it completely, upgrading to the latest Zimbra, no go.

New items on the phone seem to get pushed to the calendar, but not the other way around. This is going to be a killer problem, I live by my calendar.
23rd May 2012, 09:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Update: my colleague has the same phone (but unrooted) and has the same problem. So it seems to be a real issue with the combination of HOX and Zimbra.

I also live by my calendar. Therefore, I found a workaround: get CalDAV-sync from Google Play. This works with Zimbra, and it you get the benefit that it is possible to sync more than one (default) Zimbra calendar.
23rd May 2012, 09:54 AM   |  #5  

2 posts
Same here
I have the same problem here. You can use LvSync for calendar - it works. Two-way sync is not yet completely fixed for the One X - a problem with Sense 4.0 according to the developer.

There is another problem with the default email client - it cuts the quoted text in replies (the option to send the quoted text is enabled in settings).

Server running Zimbra 7.1.3
23rd May 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #6  

14 posts
Thanks folks. Both of these are commercial apps, anyone tried both?

I note with a little concern that one of them is tagged as beta, a little cheeky for a commercial app.
Last edited by dahamsta; 23rd May 2012 at 10:37 PM.
23rd May 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

23 posts
Last update for VZA is like a year ago. Full of bugs I hope they will make a final release cuz I really like the app

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
23rd May 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
I use CalDAV-sync (beta) now and it works as it should. The two-way sync is the beta part but it works without any error until now. I know it is a commercial app, but the price is low compared to the time lost in testing/debugging zimbra calendar with the activesync

I haven't tested lvsync.

I did test icssync, which is free, but I could not get this to work wit Zimbra.
23rd May 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #9  

14 posts
Thanks ardkuijpers. And this syncs with the standard HTC/Android calendar, not some custom monstrocity like the official Zimbra app mentioned above?

That didn't last long on my handset, what an /awful/ first attempt, and zero progress since. You have to wonder about the Zimbra guys, they're very hit and miss.
23rd May 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Yes, it syncs directly to your android calendar. It installs as a new account type, similar to activesync.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread