Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,486 Members 44,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Cyanogenmod 9 update ! may 2012

Tip us?

peconaut
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mr. X- View Post
you do realise those commits to the cm hub for the t989 and skyrocket are from the same guys who are working on the unofficial right.
I don't think he did

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to peconaut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdizzle404
Old
Thanks Meter 1,087

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
you do realise those commits to the cm hub for the t989 and skyrocket are from the same guys who are working on the unofficial right.
hehe!
Htc Droid DNA
Grouper
A Must Read for Noob to Dev!
^^^^A good read while you let your phone sit for 10
If Ive helped you please hit THANKS

jim93
Old
Thanks Meter 340

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I posted that earlier in this page but it flew by them. Meh

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsteven77x View Post
Can't WAIT for the official cm9. Yes the unofficial one is cool, but it is never going to be as advanced and well put together as the official teams will be.
You realize this type of attitude is the reason CM team doesn't post builds until they are official because people start judging the final product on betas. The only difference between official and unofficial is that one of them allows more premature previews and the other doesn't.Aside from the other obvious facts mentioned
The Following User Says Thank You to jim93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-Mr. X-
Old
Thanks Meter 2,166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim93 View Post
I posted that earlier in this page but it flew by them. Meh

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

You realize this type of attitude is the reason CM team doesn't post builds until they are official because people start judging the final product on betas. The only difference between official and unofficial is that one of them allows more premature previews and the other doesn't.Aside from the other obvious facts mentioned
well, to be honest the cm devs said they hadnt put any work into the hercules or skyrocket for a very long time because of other projects, so all the guys who are working on the unofficial are the guys making this happen. soooooo...........

yes cm team members are helping us now, but they are not the ones focused on the project they have other work on their plates.

cyanogen is accepting changes we make so this means its getting into the official repo.

so to the people who say that the official will be better and more stream lined, yes it will, because it will be finished. but it will be entirely built by team chopsticks probably and submitted to cyanogenmod.
If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to Donate it's appreciated, but not required!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to -Mr. X- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ningcube89
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
well, to be honest the cm devs said they hadnt put any work into the hercules or skyrocket for a very long time because of other projects, so all the guys who are working on the unofficial are the guys making this happen. soooooo...........

yes cm team members are helping us now, but they are not the ones focused on the project they have other work on their plates.

cyanogen is accepting changes we make so this means its getting into the official repo.

so to the people who say that the official will be better and more stream lined, yes it will, because it will be finished. but it will be entirely built by team chopsticks probably and submitted to cyanogenmod.
Just thanks man. You're doing a job that doesn't come with a lot of rewards but there's plenty that appreciate it nonetheless.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ningcube89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jim93
Old
Thanks Meter 340

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Yes thats the point. A dev cant win. If he releases stuff early because everyone wants things now then people will get the impression that one only makes buggy software and if you only do official releases than you end up with release schedules comparable to those of large companies like Samsung and people complain development is going along slowly.

In simplest terms if team A released
5 betas then a release candidate which was accepted as official CM then people
would still complain team A makes buggy software while CM team will always make it perfect even though in this example there is no difference in the source code.

mbernusg
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsteven77x View Post
Can't WAIT for the official cm9. Yes the unofficial one is cool, but it is never going to be as advanced and well put together as the official teams will be.
Lol

Sent from my Real Gs move in silence like lasagna

-Mr. X-
Old
Thanks Meter 2,166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim93 View Post
Yes thats the point. A dev cant win. If he releases stuff early because everyone wants things now then people will get the impression that one only makes buggy software and if you only do official releases than you end up with release schedules comparable to those of large companies like Samsung and people complain development is going along slowly.

In simplest terms if team A released
5 betas then a release candidate which was accepted as official CM then people
would still complain team A makes buggy software while CM team will always make it perfect even though in this example there is no difference in the source code.
cant please every one, and cant please any one. thats how i feel some times lol!
If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to Donate it's appreciated, but not required!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to -Mr. X- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

80centjack
Old
Thanks Meter 22
No matter what-- progress is progress. So many of us are looking forward to excellent, stable, quality CM9, so any news that signals moving forward is great news. Thank you to the devs for all of their hard work that they don't get thanked for nearly enough.

new ion?
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
cant please every one, and cant please any one. thats how i feel some times lol!
if ppl don't like it they can leave lol. that's the way i see it.