FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Bluetooth Stack

10th May 2012, 07:15 AM |#1  
thekingofmean's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Currently I have an E4GT, and my BT works great. I can connect my S9-HDs, PS3 controller, wii-mote without a hitch.

This wasn't the case with my OGEvo, the audio would cut in and out, and I couldn't connect any controllers without being on CM.

Is there any info about the BT stack on the 4G LTE? I'm asking here because I assume that it's different that in the OneX, if I'm incorrect let me know and I'll ask over there.
 
 
10th May 2012, 12:26 PM |#2  
detcup4evr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Commerce Twp
Thanks Meter: 314
 
More
It looks like it has many more profiles then og 4G. I saw some has a wiimote paired with one x (although it is laggy)


http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3742

Sent from my Synergized Aggressive Lionfish Evo using the XDA app
The Following User Says Thank You to detcup4evr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2012, 08:04 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 946
 
More
I think they'll probably have the same stack. WiiMotes work fine with my One X, I didn't have trouble with latency. My Phonejoy also works fine. PS3 controllers work with Root via Sixaxis app, although I'm presently locked to stock while reviewing the handset for Telecom NZ, so haven't personally confirmed that.

Bluetooth audio should be much better, since BT 4.0 has much higher bandwidth for audio streaming (although the receiving device may end up being the bottle neck). If you have a receiving device that is also Apt-X capable then the audio will be excellent, basically the same as wired up to around 370kbps (the Samsung HS3000 is cheap, versatile, and has Apt-X).

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
Last edited by NZtechfreak; 13th May 2012 at 08:08 AM.
14th May 2012, 02:29 AM |#4  
PsiPhiDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 638
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak

I think they'll probably have the same stack. WiiMotes work fine with my One X, I didn't have trouble with latency. My Phonejoy also works fine. PS3 controllers work with Root via Sixaxis app, although I'm presently locked to stock while reviewing the handset for Telecom NZ, so haven't personally confirmed that.

Bluetooth audio should be much better, since BT 4.0 has much higher bandwidth for audio streaming (although the receiving device may end up being the bottle neck). If you have a receiving device that is also Apt-X capable then the audio will be excellent, basically the same as wired up to around 370kbps (the Samsung HS3000 is cheap, versatile, and has Apt-X).

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

I just read on another thread that our EVO does not have BT 4.0. Does the One X have it though?
14th May 2012, 11:13 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 946
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan

I just read on another thread that our EVO does not have BT 4.0. Does the One X have it though?

Really? I'd be surprised if it didn't, since all the other One series phones do (maybe not the One V, but the others at any rate).

Yes, the international One X has BT 4.0
14th May 2012, 12:59 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan

I just read on another thread that our EVO does not have BT 4.0. Does the One X have it though?

Link to this please?


Will
15th May 2012, 03:44 AM |#7  
PsiPhiDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 638
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy

Link to this please?


Will

I saw it on HTC's website. Check it out.
15th May 2012, 06:31 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy

Link to this please?


Will

http://www.htc.com/us/compare/
Just add E4GLTE and any other phone then select connectivity towards the bottom of the page. It says Bluetooth 3.0+
15th May 2012, 01:40 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...02&postcount=8

This was my post from the BT 4.0 thread.



Will
17th May 2012, 10:24 PM |#10  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 12,804
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jre1981

http://www.htc.com/us/compare/
Just add E4GLTE and any other phone then select connectivity towards the bottom of the page. It says Bluetooth 3.0+

This is what the build.prop from the latest Jewel leak says:
Code:
# system property for Bluetooth Hardware information
ro.product.bluetooth=4.0
That suggests BT 4.0 to me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes