Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ODEXED MODS](4.0.4 ATT) altODEXed "The Stock Monster" (v0.1 - NOV06.12)

Tip us?

alteredlikeness
Old
(Last edited by alteredlikeness; 6th November 2012 at 08:25 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5119

DONATE TO ME
Default [ODEXED MODS](4.0.4 ATT) altODEXed "The Stock Monster" (v0.1 - NOV06.12)

It's baack... and updated for ICS.

***THESE MODS WILL ONLY WORK ON MB865 OFFICIAL AT&T ODEXED ICS 4.0.4 (..at this time - subject to change)***

Basically, what we have here is a bunch of system files from Numa vB.2, re-odexed for those on Stock ODEXED AT&T ICS (or StockyEd).
What's included?:
-1% battery increments
-toggles at bottom of pulldown shade
-Blackberry 10 lockscreen mod
-Windows Phone 7 style Recent apps screen mod
-tap menu key to open lockscreen
-unplug usb turns screen on
-supercharger-patched services.jar
-jb framework animations
-maybe others..(?)
(Please note that I was only going for the 1% batt, toggles, and lockscreen separately, but they are all tied together - give me some time to split them up and make them more stock-esque)

DOWNLOAD HERE
-Make a backup first!! (In case you want to go back)
-Wipe dalvik cache and cache
-Install zip from sdcard

Files that will be changed:
SystemUI.apk
SystemUI.odex
framework-res.apk
android.policy.odex
framework-ext.odex
services.odex

I know, it was kind of a lazy route (just grabbing the files from Numa), and backwards compared with the original metamorphosis of the Stock Monster into Romulus, and later Remus.. but, I was just glad to have finally figured out the re-odexing thing... again.

Old OP:

***PROJECT MOVED TO ROMULUS***
Links are still up and there is some good info buried in this post, so I will leave everything here for the time being.

NOTICE: THIS MOD PACKAGE DOES NOT WORK ON SOME INTERNATIONAL VERSIONS OF THE ATRIX 2 (POSSIBLY DUE TO MIS-MATCHES IN THE FRAMEWORK FILES - TRY ROMULUS INSTEAD, IT WILL REPLACE YOUR ENTIRE FRAMEWORK)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Origins of The Stock Monster:
This started out as a small personal project, then quickly grew out of my hands and formed a life of it's own... So, I decided it was time to release it out into the wild...

Theatrics aside... the truth is that basically, until now, there were no cool features like pulldown toggles, 1% batteries, reboot options, or any theme changes available to stock odexed rooted A2 users - those things only came with deodexed custom roms and mods for deodexed systems only (frankly, because it's a lot easier to mod a deodexed rom, and it makes updates simpler). But, I like a challenge (no offense or jabs at the great ROM builders we have got for the A2 - my hat's off to them - it is seriously amazing and hard work that these guys are putting into their creations)... Also, I tend to go more with the theory of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - meaning that Android odexes the system for a reason - not sure if it's to hide away them there smali files to make it more difficult for people like us to mess with their stuff, or if it is truly for performance purposes only.

Nonetheless, I offer odexed users "The Stock Monster"...

MODS included:
~vertical battery w/ 1% increments
~quick-panel (dropdown) toggles
~reboot option in power menu
~carrier name removed
~menu button unlocks screen
~unplug turns on screen
~HSPA data distinguishable (?able)
~lightly themed (black, grey & stock)
~possibly more to come...

NOTE: This is based on Stock Odexed US AT&T MB865 2.3.6, and will probably not work on any other builds.

All mods/themes here were done by me, except: the 1% batt and quick-panel toggles - those I basically ported from the stuff I put together for VictoryROM (1% batt originally from JRW 28's set, I think - still not sure who to credit for all of the xml/smali edits on those; quick-panel toggles originally from SC rom maybe (?), icons are MIUI, I believe - had to GIMP a couple of the "-ing" images though)

Big thanks to all the devs/builders/themers/modders and otherwise helpful folks here on xda.
Feel free to PM me with any specific questions about these mods, I'd be happy to share what I have learned in the process.

Requirements:
-ODEXED AT&T MB865 ROM
-Root privileges
-A2 Bootstrap

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage/issues caused to your phone.

To Install:
-Download altEdisonODEXv2.2.zip to SD Card
-(Optional, but recommended) Install CWM on Boot
-(Optional, but recommended) Make a CWM backup
-Boot into Recovery
-Wipe Dalvik Cache & Wipe Cache partition
-Install zip from sdcard
-Reboot

Extras:
See this post for the rotating/landscape homescreen mod and removal zip (make sure you download the proper ODEXED packages).

***EDIT (5/11/12 early AM)*** Now things are getting interesting...
Though I've read plenty of "TUT's" and "HOW-TO's" on the whole deodexing, modding, then re-odexing thing (all of which helped, no doubt), and tried many different methods, approaches, and random pot-shots... it all finally came together and made sense after I found a link to this tutorial. Ironically, I was not researching default orientations, and I kind of skillfully winged it a bit.. but it worked well in the end. If anyone is interested in pursuing modding odexed files (it's not necessary to deodex for most themeing), you'll need the attached dexopt-wrapper file (unzip the zip first) on your phone in /system/bin with 755 permissions:
X X X
X....X
X....X

***EDIT (5/12/12 - v1.0)
Included homescreen rotation mod, and more unified black/grey theme (i.e. the "notifications" bar in the dropdown, pop-up headers, and re-did the shade handle, etc). I'll get back to working on the pulldown toggles soon..

***EDIT (5/13/12 early AM again - v2.0)
Got them dropdown toggles in there , and, by chance, I stumbled across and enabled HSPA data recognition, so maybe you can see an H+ icon now (?? - modded, but not verified).
Note: To actually enable HSPA data and get speed increases (I just flipped a switch in the SystemUI.apk to make it "distinguishable"), you will need to add or edit the following lines in your build.prop file:
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doseone/themselves View Post
Code:
...with the kind of hunger wings once sprung from...
A2 Edison | N10 Manta

/-\ |_ T F |2 F |)
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to alteredlikeness For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beekah
Old
Thanks Meter 1
thank you. i hope you keep going with this.
The Following User Says Thank You to beekah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhoenixNghi
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Please make an install zip for Indian deodexed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1635740
- 1% batt
- remove carrier text
- quickpanel toggles

Thank you :x
Motorola && Samsung

Razr v3i___._____(P2K)
Rokr E6e___(LinuxEZX)
Milestone____(Android)
Razr________(Android)
Atrix 2____.__(Android)
---
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3113

Enity
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixNghi View Post
- remove carrier text
- quickpanel toggles
Done
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dropdown_Toggles_Indian.zip - [Click for QR Code] (492.3 KB, 41 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Enity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alteredlikeness
Old
(Last edited by alteredlikeness; 16th May 2012 at 02:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixNghi View Post
Please make an install zip for Indian deodexed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1635740
- 1% batt
- remove carrier text
- quickpanel toggles

Thank you :x
This thread is focused on ODEXed roms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enity View Post
Done
EDIT: WARNING! The Indian deodexed dropdown toggles zip posted above has caused bootloops! Proceed with caution...

Sent from my mind using XDA
Quote:
Code:
A2 Edison | N10 Manta

/-\ |_ T F |2 F |)

cogeary
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enity View Post
Done
Nice! Was it tough porting the dropdown toggles?

alteredlikeness
Old
Thanks Meter 5119

DONATE TO ME
Updated OP with 1% battery & reboot option.
Next, are the odexed drop togs... hopefully.
Quote:
Code:
A2 Edison | N10 Manta

/-\ |_ T F |2 F |)

Drgravy
Old
Thanks Meter 1323
Thanks for these mods they work great, keep up the good work
I'm trying to learn about this stuff but it is a slow process for me

alteredlikeness
Old
Thanks Meter 5119

DONATE TO ME
Updated OP: added homescreen rotation; also did a little more theme work (9.png and xml); added a fancy title with version # to theme/mod... more to come!
Quote:
Code:
A2 Edison | N10 Manta

/-\ |_ T F |2 F |)
The Following User Says Thank You to alteredlikeness For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KEB64
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredlikeness View Post
Updated OP: added homescreen rotation; also did a little more theme work (9.png and xml); added a fancy title with version # to theme/mod... more to come!
What else are you plotting? This is very interesting to me.

The End.
HTC EVO 4G LTE cm11 nightlies
Free and Open Source Software for Android

The Following User Says Thank You to KEB64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]