FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[RECOVERY] Interim ClockworkMod Recovery for the S4 based One X

4,639 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,401
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th May 2012, 09:30 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
I have point cmd to my fastboot folder when i try to flash the recovery image it comes up [error: cannot load 'recovery.img
Any ideas?
 
 
10th May 2012, 09:31 PM |#32  
Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
WOW...what a blast!
Great work Paul, thank you very much
10th May 2012, 11:01 PM |#33  
~David's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto, ON
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm625614

I have point cmd to my fastboot folder when i try to flash the recovery image it comes up [error: cannot load 'recovery.img
Any ideas?

Are you sure you've typed the path and file name correctly?

An easy trick is to just type...

fastboot flash recovery

...and then drag/drop the recovery image into the window, that will fill in the entire path. Then hit enter.
The Following User Says Thank You to ~David For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 03:00 AM |#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
i got this to flash not successfully what happened was i was able to flash the image and it changed it so now i have no recovery it boots up everything, i go into bootloader then select recovery and its just blank and a debug warning comes up before black screen as well as bar in top right hand corner goes up a time or 2 before it boots to {blank recovery} then just reboots and boots into ICS as normal


and this is on an at&t locked bootloader sorry forgot to mention
Last edited by crisis187; 11th May 2012 at 03:03 AM.
E.Cadro
11th May 2012, 04:01 AM |#35  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Removed

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Last edited by E.Cadro; 11th May 2012 at 04:10 AM.
11th May 2012, 04:28 AM |#36  
Senior Member
Flag Flowery Branch, Ga
Thanks Meter: 431
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis187

i got this to flash not successfully what happened was i was able to flash the image and it changed it so now i have no recovery it boots up everything, i go into bootloader then select recovery and its just blank and a debug warning comes up before black screen as well as bar in top right hand corner goes up a time or 2 before it boots to {blank recovery} then just reboots and boots into ICS as normal


and this is on an at&t locked bootloader sorry forgot to mention


You can't flash this with a locked bootloader. It will not work.
11th May 2012, 01:25 PM |#37  
PeterGuru's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 1,163
 
Donate to Me
More
Has anyone else noticed ...
Has anyone else noticed that, when you're in Recovery, the screen brightness is much less than full?

I have my brightness level set to full at all times, yet in Recovery, it appears to be only at 1/2 brightness, or perhaps even less.

Peter
11th May 2012, 02:04 PM |#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
what does this mean by interim CWM


could you do everything that regular CWM can do??
11th May 2012, 04:05 PM |#39  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
no sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext. Does this mean that the interim recovery is having some trouble with the sd partition?
11th May 2012, 04:06 PM |#40  
sk806's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rye, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHTC

Has anyone else noticed that, when you're in Recovery, the screen brightness is much less than full?

I have my brightness level set to full at all times, yet in Recovery, it appears to be only at 1/2 brightness, or perhaps even less.

Peter

The brightness settings in this recovery are keyed to the tegra model, so they don't function properly...I have made a very evita specific image that I hope will be tested soon (if anyone wants to try sooner than later, please PM me)...as Paul said earlier in the thread, this is just a thrown together port of the International One X recovery, so it may have some issues (I know it doesn't flash ROMs yet...)...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sk806 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2012, 03:27 AM |#41  
ShotSkydiver's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 106
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoohoohoo

no sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext. Does this mean that the interim recovery is having some trouble with the sd partition?

No, that just shows up because there is no SD slot in the phone. Phones that have internal memory and an SD slot have the SD card mounted as sd-ext.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes