Originally Posted by jaraya13
If you do that, you will brick your Note. DON'T WIPE YOUR PHONE ON ICS! At least not the regular way...
Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
I personally flashed ICS (non rooted) yesterday (Netherlands). And succesfully returned to GB.
And i DID full wipe my device from system menu.
Maybe i was lucky because i knew i could brick my phone....but i wanted to test what will happen
Steps: (I was on rooted GB)
* Full wiped phone via CWM
* Flashed stock GB via Odin (N7000XENKK1)
* Updated ICS (XXLPY) via KIES.
* After installation i FULL WIPED my device via system menu (factory reset)
* Booted up and played a little with ICS
* Turned phone into download and flashed stock N7000XENKK1 direct via PC Odin.
* I'm still alive!!! (thank you god! hahaha)
* Full wiped device via stock recovery (necessary when coming from ICS)
* Now i'm back to my beloved DarkyROM 3.4.1 (full rooted)
* End of journey
I Know i was lucky! Bricking my phone could occur! I do not recommendfull wipe while on ICS!! I was only feeding my own curiosity