5,605,120 Members 37,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA

Tip us?

Zatta
Old
(Last edited by KennyG123; 19th April 2014 at 01:26 AM.) Reason: change of Committee
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1353
Default How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA

Quote:
RC-RT Mission Statement

As Recognized Contributors/Themers, we are challenged with the purpose of aiding development, offering assistance and above all, embodying the Spirit of XDA.
Contributing to XDA-Developers is more than simply delivering ROMs, mods and themes and by posting and behaving in a modest and exemplary way, we aim to influence and encourage other users to conduct themselves with friendliness and co-operation.
-------------------------------------------

So over on the Recognized Contributors forum, it has become clear that most members of XDA don't know that you can apply for the title of Recognized Contributor (RC). I have also included the same for Recognized themer, as I am assuming that it's not well known that you can apply.

What is a Recognized Contributor?
Recognized Contributor is a role intended for members who produce some of the best original and helpful guides for users, as well as helping other users who have problems, in a friendly manner. Recognized Contributors will get a custom user title and the faster ad-free XDA template, as well as access to developer tools currently being created. Any Senior Moderator on XDA can add Recognized Contributors, should you feel deserving of this title.
What is a Recognized Themer?
Recognized Themers are those users who work (often tirelessly) on designing new theme graphics and user interface overhauls for ROMs. Users who aspire to be Recognized Themers should be creating original graphics work for their themes being released, demonstrate a commitment to crediting other users’ work when applicable, and seek the relevant permission in advance from the original creator. Recognized Themers will receive a custom user title and the faster ad-free XDA template, as well as access to developer tools currently being created. Any Senior Moderator on XDA can add Recognized Themers, should you feel deserving of this title.
Pre-requisites
  • 1. Been a member for at least 1 year (willingly following the XDA rules) with consistent and acceptable activity in the last 3 months.
  • 2. Posted good original threads:
    a. Threads that are guides/ index / collective information.
    b. OP of ROM threads and have a good support within the ROM thread or via a separate thread in the Q&A section, and some activity in Q&A section or other threads besides their own.
    c. Place holder threads (discussions of home screens/ wall papers / Off Topic, etc) are NOT accepted.
    Exception: A proper place holder for a new phone with details and other important information and further maintaining the Q&A on the device.
  • 3. In case of no independent threads, the following may be accepted:
    a. An FAQ (or support post) within a ROM thread.
    b. Generally moving around from thread to thread to help members – the "Post Count Vs Thanks" could be used as a means to measure to this.
  • 4. Good quality general know-how around XDA forums (not necessarily developer standard)
  • 5. Thanks count broadly expected given the forums they are in.
  • 6. Posted regularly enough (complementing point 1) to provide continuous support or less frequently but good high value support
  • 7. Contribute to a good over-all general atmosphere.
  • 8.You have read, understood and already adhere to the Recognized Contributor Code of Conduct.
How can I apply?
You can apply by sending your application via PM to:Choose whichever route you are more comfortable with, the end result is the same. All list of moderators can be found here.

Best way in which to apply through your PM
When you are writing your application, you will need to include:
  • A polite hello
  • Your username with a link to your username, they will want to check your history.
  • Why you think you would make a good RC/RT, including a little about your time on XDA.
  • Links to your work including Guides, Ref, Roms, Projects, Apps(Themes for RT) etc
    Do not forget to include 7/10 links of threads/posts which would be helpful in assessing your application.
  • A thank you for their time and good bye (Manners are free)
Please note only apply once to one committee members, do not send 3 applications to 3 different committee members. Also be patient, the committee members are very busy people and have other work on XDA and in personal life. I would recommend a waiting time of upto a week; and if you receive no response within a week, then a reminder PM.
Please do not bombard the committee with PM's.

If you are having a problem with your application or you would like to appeal a decision made on your application, then you can contact the RC-RT Committee through PM.

If you do get accepted as a RC/RT then please come and visit the RC's forum and help contribute to our work and cause to make XDA a better place

If you have any questions then please ask, myself or the other RC's/RT's will help in anyway we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG101 View Post
Hiya
(quote edited by Zatta)

The general criteria is that a member should have been helpful, courteous and active commensurate to the forum one is mostly in. You will need to be an active member of XDA for 12 months or more.

While applying, please include 7-10 links/threads/posts that you think will help us decide on your application, effectively.

Cheers and good luck
PG101
WHAT THIS THREAD IS NOT: A PLACE FOR PRE-ASSESSMENTS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG101 View Post
I am not liking all this speculation about "do I qualify..?" "what do I need.." and more so that the current RCs are feeding these with actual answers.

I urge all of you to refrain from asking this particular question, its almost becoming like asking for an ETA on a rom thread.. you know how that goes?

If you feel you are ready, apply.. that's all there is to it and if you donot get accepted, I am sure you will be given reasons. You may discuss here how you can improve your contributions to be accepted again.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Spartan View Post
Guys/Gals, I don't see this as a thread to evaluate others or to give hints and tips for others to achieve RC status. If a person is suitable , let the mods review them. They can read the OP and know the criteria required. I'm concerned that this thread has become a training ground and the RC pool is becoming diluted.

If a user cannot read or know what the criteria is, then, imho, they don't have the criteria required
The Following 239 Users Say Thank You to Zatta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ephraim
Old
(Last edited by rwestergren; 4th November 2013 at 08:24 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
If you get accepted don't forget to join our group made by s.d.oconnor

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Galaxy S2 dual booting Stock ICS and CyanogenMod10
Catalina Mosquera Reyes April 30,1928 - August 26,2012.
I love you grandma,i know you are in a better place now.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ephraim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cdesai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3969

DONATE TO ME
s/S-Mods/Senior Moderators/

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
CyanogenMod Maintainer | SGT7 | TeamBBQ

BBQLinux - An Arch based Linux distribution for Android developers
Website: http://www.bbqlinux.org | Downloads: [url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbqlinux/files//url]
IRC: #bbqlinux on freenode
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdesai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4631
If you have questions, please ask here or ask one of the Recognized Contributors or Recognized Themers in your forum if you feel more comfortable with them.
Donate to XDA! -- Please read and follow the XDA Rules -- Please

Useful Guides: XDA New User Guide - XDA Visual User Guide - Getting Moderator Help ----
How To Logcat - How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA ----------------------------
Please read all the stickied guides in your device's forums -----------------------------------------------------------------
Click here if you want to find out how to get to 10 posts --------------Remember...Hold Your Fire!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

I Am Marino
Old
(Last edited by rwestergren; 4th November 2013 at 07:48 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 580

DONATE TO ME
Do we have to have guides and such to be eligible?
-iPhone 5S-
ROM-
Kernel-

Android 5.0 LSD, it's so good, it's like you're on a trip.
Make it happen Google.

Follow Me
http://twitter.com/DearDanno

The-Hulk
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1618

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Marino View Post
Do we have to have guides and such to be eligible?
Not always, some RC's have been given the title for their work on roms, kernels e.t.c, and some for being very nice to other members, helping out on their device specific forum.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The-Hulk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

da-pharoah
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1582

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for this!!! I'm going to apply now

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Team Hellfire

SGS3: CM10
G2X: CM7 || CM9
Kindle Fire: CM7 || CM9
x0xhellx0x's ROM Guides: SGS3 || G2X || Kindle Fire
Nullifier: G2x || Kindle Fire
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to da-pharoah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkhShadow
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Hmm maybe I should apply, although I'm not sure if I am considered good enough xD

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

Phone: Nexus 4
Unlocked bootloader, TWRP, Faux123 kernel and PA4 early build
---
Phone: Nexus S (GT-i9020T)
BB6
Unlocked bootloader, TWRP 2.1.1, Marmite v7 and rooted
---
Tablet: Nexus 7
AOKP JB Build (something)
Unlocked, Franco kernel (latest), rooted
---

Quinny899 "Typical Android Market User..."

WHY U NO WORK?
I HATE YOU!
ONE STAR UNTIL THIS <insert bullsh*t here> IS FIXED

---

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkhShadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4631
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkhShadow View Post
Hmm maybe I should apply, although I'm not sure if I am considered good enough xD

Unfortunately search is still down so I can't look to see if you have started any guide threads or your other activity, but if you feel like you contribute more than the average user, then go ahead and apply and the mods will check and let you know if they feel like you qualify, or they will suggest other things to do to get there.
Donate to XDA! -- Please read and follow the XDA Rules -- Please

Useful Guides: XDA New User Guide - XDA Visual User Guide - Getting Moderator Help ----
How To Logcat - How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA ----------------------------
Please read all the stickied guides in your device's forums -----------------------------------------------------------------
Click here if you want to find out how to get to 10 posts --------------Remember...Hold Your Fire!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkhShadow
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf2112 View Post
Unfortunately search is still down so I can't look to see if you have started any guide threads or your other activity, but if you feel like you contribute more than the average user, then go ahead and apply and the mods will check and let you know if they feel like you qualify, or they will suggest other things to do to get there.
Well I sent a message to Chainfire and no I haven't done guides but I have helped a fair bit more than most members I see.
I haven't done any guides because any of the things I could do one about already have stickies/threads

Phone: Nexus 4
Unlocked bootloader, TWRP, Faux123 kernel and PA4 early build
---
Phone: Nexus S (GT-i9020T)
BB6
Unlocked bootloader, TWRP 2.1.1, Marmite v7 and rooted
---
Tablet: Nexus 7
AOKP JB Build (something)
Unlocked, Franco kernel (latest), rooted
---

Quinny899 "Typical Android Market User..."

WHY U NO WORK?
I HATE YOU!
ONE STAR UNTIL THIS <insert bullsh*t here> IS FIXED

---

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkhShadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
application, apply, apply to become a recognized contributor/themer, rc-rt committee, rc-rt liaison, recognized contributor, recognized themer