Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,418 Members 46,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA

Tip us?

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkhShadow View Post
Well I sent a message to Chainfire and no I haven't done guides but I have helped a fair bit more than most members I see.
I haven't done any guides because any of the things I could do one about already have stickies/threads

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S
Yeah, I know what you mean, my phone is the HTC Sensation and it is reaching a point of maturity where most ideas for guides and threads and such have been done. Several friends have asked for ideas and it is really hard to find new niches to fill in that forum.

Sometimes it is possible to find abandoned threads and then do a new thread to replace it, but that takes time to get the links to that thread replaced with your own so people stop going to that old thread.

Another possibility is to find a guide or thread where the original poster has moved on to a new phone, and then contact the forum admin to request that the thread ownership be transferred. If the OP is willing then that is an easy process. You don't get to keep their thanks from that thread however. :-/

Another possibility is to do the guide in a different format. If there is a text guide on how to install a firmware+ROM, then do a video guide, or do a better text guide with screenshots.
Donate to XDA! -- Please read and follow the XDA Rules -- Please

Useful Guides: XDA New User Guide - XDA Visual User Guide - Getting Moderator Help ----
How To Logcat - How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA ----------------------------
Please read all the stickied guides in your device's forums -----------------------------------------------------------------
Click here if you want to find out how to get to 10 posts --------------Remember...Hold Your Fire!

DarkhShadow
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Well its worse for the Nexus S as pretty much anything is easy to do, ie unlocking bootloader and install a custom recovery, from there its 90% flashing things

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

Phone: Nexus 4
Unlocked bootloader, TWRP, Faux123 kernel and PA4 early build
---
Phone: Nexus S (GT-i9020T)
BB6
Unlocked bootloader, TWRP 2.1.1, Marmite v7 and rooted
---
Tablet: Nexus 7
AOKP JB Build (something)
Unlocked, Franco kernel (latest), rooted
---

Quinny899 "Typical Android Market User..."

WHY U NO WORK?
I HATE YOU!
ONE STAR UNTIL THIS <insert bullsh*t here> IS FIXED

---

tazfanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 1,226
Thanks for this. I think I am going to apply not sure if I have done enough by helping out as much as I have.

Thanks Yorzua and Texas for amazing banners.
Thanks qbking for his how to videos.
Support Autism Awareness here.
If a member helps you remember to hit "Thanks" on their post.
“The best beer in the world is the one in my hand." - Charlie Papazian
Retired devices: Samsung Epic, Kindle Fire, Samsung GS3
Current devices: Samsung 10.1, HTC One M8 H&K

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfanatic View Post
Thanks for this. I think I am going to apply not sure if I have done enough by helping out as much as I have.
Good Luck!

Useful Guides: XDA New User Guide - XDA Visual User Guide - Getting Moderator Help ----
How To Logcat - How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA ----------------------------
Please read all the stickied guides in your device's forums -----------------------------------------------------------------
Click here if you want to find out how to get to 10 posts --------------Remember...Hold Your Fire!
The Following User Says Thank You to mikef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lucky Thirteen
Old
Thanks Meter 1,590
Howdy!

May I ask if some members can be suggested to be attributed a RC status? Obviously, I can not summarize for them, only point the deciders to them/their posts.

TIA! Have a nice one all!

Phone : TELUS HTC One | ROM : OrDroid 3.0.0 | Kernel : Stock | Radio : 4A.14.3250.13 | HBOOT : 1.44.0000
Phone : TELUS HTC One X+ | ROM : Elegancia 5.0.0 | Kernel : root@ABM030 | Radio : 1.09.55.17_18.20.95.55L | HBOOT : 1.32.0000

♠ ♠ ♠

Beginners ThreadHow to verify MD5 ChecksumHow to install Android SDK tool & HTC's driversFrequently Asked Questions - - HTC ONE X+
HOX+ Tutorial for Unlocking, Rooting and installing a custom ROM -BEGINNER FRIENDLY-Recognized Contributor Support Chat

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Thirteen View Post
Howdy!

May I ask if some members can be suggested to be attributed a RC status? Obviously, I can not summarize for them, only point the deciders to them/their posts.

TIA! Have a nice one all!

Sure, you can suggest, but the best way is to give them the link to this thread, or this article, and tell them to write to one of the senior mods and list their qualifications and why they believe they should be recognized.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,197

DONATE TO ME
Great thread! Applied.
[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One M7 (Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

Code:
HTC One 32GB Vivid Blue with Firmware 6.09.401.5 (hboot 1.57, no red text mod!) running Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4 and Stock kernel 
Nexus 4 16GB running Android L Preview Beta and Hellsgod kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ thread = HERE!! (read before posting questions!)

The-Hulk
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,732

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
Great thread! Applied.
Congrats you got it, come and visit these to HERE and HERE, who did you apply to. Also i would imagine if you made another theme, you could applyto become a Recognized themer also.

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,197

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.oconnor View Post
Congrats you got it, come and visit these to HERE and HERE, who did you apply to. Also i would imagine if you made another theme, you could applyto become a Recognized themer also.
Done and done!

It was my good ol'buddy pulser_g2 that added me, he was surprised why I haven't been added already lol

If I do come up with another theme then I shall definitely apply for Recognized themer. I have worked on a few themes already with others.
[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One M7 (Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

Code:
HTC One 32GB Vivid Blue with Firmware 6.09.401.5 (hboot 1.57, no red text mod!) running Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4 and Stock kernel 
Nexus 4 16GB running Android L Preview Beta and Hellsgod kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ thread = HERE!! (read before posting questions!)

a.cid
Old
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,595
I hope I had read this one before...(I.e. thank you, op)
Though, I asked my device's fsm, and he assured me that he'll forward my application to senior mods...
Hope I can make it

Typed using a small touchscreen

Tags
application, apply, apply to become a recognized contributor/themer, rc-rt committee, rc-rt liaison, recognized contributor, recognized themer