HD Voice

OP id_twin

10th May 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 59

316 posts
More
So I know it order to take full advantage of this feature both phone require HD Voice -- But what about on our side? If we call someone, does the second microphone on top of the phone block out the background noise for the person on the other side of the call?
11th May 2012, 12:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6,085

3,922 posts
......... question when the phone isnt even out yet

*Mod Edit: lets try to be a little nicer next time to start...
Last edited by sgt. slaughter; 11th May 2012 at 03:32 AM. Reason: uncalled for
11th May 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #3  
Flag Columbus, Oh
Thanks Meter: 45

223 posts
More
That is the idea behind the second microphone we will see how well it works with the Evo LTE once we get it.

As far as the HD Voice the tech behind it is called Wideband Audio and not only do both phones have to be using it but it is not native to to the network so Sprint has to deploy it market by market(Assuming they already are with Network Vision upgrades)so it will be a while before we really get to test it. Here is an article explaining the science behind it:

HD Voice
The Following User Says Thank You to hshshawn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 12:49 AM   |  #4  
Flag Apopka FL
Thanks Meter: 884

2,040 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flex360

stupid question when the phone isnt even out yet

Come on man..Unlike the Evo3D forums i'd hope we would all start to show each other some type of respect in the new forums..There was a better way to go about that.

Sent from my sticky fingered ice cream sandwich Evo 3D
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrianBaker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 01:08 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6,085

3,922 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker

Come on man..Unlike the Evo3D forums i'd hope we would all start to show each other some type of respect in the new forums..There was a better way to go about that.

Sent from my sticky fingered ice cream sandwich Evo 3D

true
i apologize
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to flex360 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 02:55 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 23

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshshawn

That is the idea behind the second microphone we will see how well it works with the Evo LTE once we get it.

As far as the HD Voice the tech behind it is called Wideband Audio and not only do both phones have to be using it but it is not native to to the network so Sprint has to deploy it market by market(Assuming they already are with Network Vision upgrades)so it will be a while before we really get to test it. Here is an article explaining the science behind it:

HD Voice

I was not aware of this. Thanks.
11th May 2012, 03:17 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

82 posts
From the Engagdet test, it sounds like both sides need to have HD Voice. The idea is that it does ambient noise cancellation with the second mic, but this audio stream is "encoded" by your phone and only "decoded" by the receiving phone. I can only imagine that all to be a bunch of bs, but who knows, maybe its really just a digital stream of audio at some increased bitrate compared to a "regular" voice call. Sprint will supposedly be using this on a bunch of new handsets coming out soon...but that's all conjecture until we see the EVO Shift 4G LTE+ with more LTEness.
11th May 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 900

3,605 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmp

From the Engagdet test, it sounds like both sides need to have HD Voice. The idea is that it does ambient noise cancellation with the second mic, but this audio stream is "encoded" by your phone and only "decoded" by the receiving phone. I can only imagine that all to be a bunch of bs, but who knows, maybe its really just a digital stream of audio at some increased bitrate compared to a "regular" voice call. Sprint will supposedly be using this on a bunch of new handsets coming out soon...but that's all conjecture until we see the EVO Shift 4G LTE+ with more LTEness.

Thought I read that HTC wasn't doing keyboards anymore

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
11th May 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 900

3,605 posts
More
http://androidandme.com/2012/04/smar...yboard-phones/

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
11th May 2012, 03:25 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 8

82 posts
I totally made it up, wasn't trying to suggest that a physical keyboard device was coming out. God, next thing you know I am going to be quoted on Engadget for a possible rumor for the new EVO Shift 4G LTE. I guess I forgot the /s at the end...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread