Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

need help, partitioned SD card for ROM and...

OP al7601

10th May 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
everything is gone. I followed steps 1-5 and nothing worked. then I read the part about "must have SD partitioned using amon-ra recovery" which I did and now everything is gone! nothing on my SD card and no ROM. what do I do???

DIRECTIONS COPIED BELOW, NOT MINE JUST COPIED AND PASTED

*Must have sd partitioned and using Amon-Ra Recovery!! Link Below to the correct one to use. Rename to PC36IMG.zip
Place PC36IMG.zip on root of sd card, then power off phone and hold the vol- and power button down until hboot loads. It will automatically scan for this and ask you to flash it, flash it and then boot into recovery to assure it worked.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55460282/PC3...usmod_revA.zip

1.Download ROM
2.Copy ROM to root of SD card
3.Wipe all userdata/factory reset
4.Flash ROM
5.Enjoy your new toy
10th May 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag HENDERSONVILLE
Thanks Meter: 1,954

3,226 posts
More
Partitioning ur SD card formats ur card, u should have made a backup on ur PC beforehand. Sorry for ur luck. Just redownload whatever rom u want and place it on ur SD card and flash like normal.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
10th May 2012, 09:27 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 269

803 posts
wait..so was your SD partitioned? installing a custom recovery will not partition it for you.

you should have a recovery installed, copy your sd to the computer (to save everything as partitioning will erase it), partition using said recovery, install ROM
10th May 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708

wait..so was your SD partitioned? installing a custom recovery will not partition it for you.

you should have a recovery installed, copy your sd to the computer (to save everything as partitioning will erase it), partition using said recovery, install ROM

after I partitioned is when I lost everything. still can't the ROM to load
10th May 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,132

8,064 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al7601

after I partitioned is when I lost everything. still can't the ROM to load

Your supposed to backup everything to pc then partition in recovery then while in recovery select usb ms toggle and enable it then transfer everything back to sdcard then flash rom

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
10th May 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
so what else am I doing wrong if I can't get the ROM to load?
10th May 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 393

519 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

so what else am I doing wrong if I can't get the ROM to load?

You only need to partitioned your sd once. Place the rom zip on the root of your sd card. In recovery wipe everything, But the sd card (as this is where your rom is). Choose flash zip from sd. Let it do its thing. Then reboot. You should be good.
11th May 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ħ℃ ∃Ṽϴ 4Ḡ
Thanks Meter: 2,766

2,709 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

everything is gone. I followed steps 1-5 and nothing worked. then I read the part about "must have SD partitioned using amon-ra recovery" which I did and now everything is gone! nothing on my SD card and no ROM. what do I do???

DIRECTIONS COPIED BELOW, NOT MINE JUST COPIED AND PASTED

*Must have sd partitioned and using Amon-Ra Recovery!! Link Below to the correct one to use. Rename to PC36IMG.zip
Place PC36IMG.zip on root of sd card, then power off phone and hold the vol- and power button down until hboot loads. It will automatically scan for this and ask you to flash it, flash it and then boot into recovery to assure it worked.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55460282/PC3...usmod_revA.zip

1.Download ROM
2.Copy ROM to root of SD card
3.Wipe all userdata/factory reset
4.Flash ROM
5.Enjoy your new toy

Ok we are gonna take some steps here and get your problem solved,i know you probably did some of this,but we are gonna start over.

1)Go here and follow these instructions.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1158993
2)If youve done that,then go to your bootloader,you should be able to get there from your recovery,if not turn off your phone,then turn it back on while holding down on your volume rocker,you will go to the bootloader.
3)Once in bootloader,scroll to hboot usb,make sure you have HTC sync installed on your pc.
4)Once your phone connects to your pc,open it up and you will be in the root of your sd card,go here.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...k+Tremors+A2SD and install this.
5)before you have installed DT's Apps2sd,create new folders on your sd card,drag and drop the rom of your choice onto your sd card also.
6)Now go disconnect from your pc and reboot into your recovery,wipe everything but your sd card and install the new rom.
You should now be golden.
Last edited by Diablo67; 11th May 2012 at 12:08 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Diablo67 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread