Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 41,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need help, partitioned SD card for ROM and...

Tip us?

al7601
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default need help, partitioned SD card for ROM and...

everything is gone. I followed steps 1-5 and nothing worked. then I read the part about "must have SD partitioned using amon-ra recovery" which I did and now everything is gone! nothing on my SD card and no ROM. what do I do???

DIRECTIONS COPIED BELOW, NOT MINE JUST COPIED AND PASTED

*Must have sd partitioned and using Amon-Ra Recovery!! Link Below to the correct one to use. Rename to PC36IMG.zip
Place PC36IMG.zip on root of sd card, then power off phone and hold the vol- and power button down until hboot loads. It will automatically scan for this and ask you to flash it, flash it and then boot into recovery to assure it worked.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55460282/PC3...usmod_revA.zip

1.Download ROM
2.Copy ROM to root of SD card
3.Wipe all userdata/factory reset
4.Flash ROM
5.Enjoy your new toy

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1911
Partitioning ur SD card formats ur card, u should have made a backup on ur PC beforehand. Sorry for ur luck. Just redownload whatever rom u want and place it on ur SD card and flash like normal.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

bigbear6708
Old
Thanks Meter 268
wait..so was your SD partitioned? installing a custom recovery will not partition it for you.

you should have a recovery installed, copy your sd to the computer (to save everything as partitioning will erase it), partition using said recovery, install ROM

al7601
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
wait..so was your SD partitioned? installing a custom recovery will not partition it for you.

you should have a recovery installed, copy your sd to the computer (to save everything as partitioning will erase it), partition using said recovery, install ROM
after I partitioned is when I lost everything. still can't the ROM to load

Notorious
Old
Thanks Meter 5016
Quote:
Originally Posted by al7601 View Post
after I partitioned is when I lost everything. still can't the ROM to load
Your supposed to backup everything to pc then partition in recovery then while in recovery select usb ms toggle and enable it then transfer everything back to sdcard then flash rom

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

al7601
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
so what else am I doing wrong if I can't get the ROM to load?

Evilone69tmg
Old
Thanks Meter 376

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
so what else am I doing wrong if I can't get the ROM to load?
You only need to partitioned your sd once. Place the rom zip on the root of your sd card. In recovery wipe everything, But the sd card (as this is where your rom is). Choose flash zip from sd. Let it do its thing. Then reboot. You should be good.

Diablo67
Old
(Last edited by Diablo67; 10th May 2012 at 11:08 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2760

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
everything is gone. I followed steps 1-5 and nothing worked. then I read the part about "must have SD partitioned using amon-ra recovery" which I did and now everything is gone! nothing on my SD card and no ROM. what do I do???

DIRECTIONS COPIED BELOW, NOT MINE JUST COPIED AND PASTED

*Must have sd partitioned and using Amon-Ra Recovery!! Link Below to the correct one to use. Rename to PC36IMG.zip
Place PC36IMG.zip on root of sd card, then power off phone and hold the vol- and power button down until hboot loads. It will automatically scan for this and ask you to flash it, flash it and then boot into recovery to assure it worked.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55460282/PC3...usmod_revA.zip

1.Download ROM
2.Copy ROM to root of SD card
3.Wipe all userdata/factory reset
4.Flash ROM
5.Enjoy your new toy
Ok we are gonna take some steps here and get your problem solved,i know you probably did some of this,but we are gonna start over.

1)Go here and follow these instructions.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1158993
2)If youve done that,then go to your bootloader,you should be able to get there from your recovery,if not turn off your phone,then turn it back on while holding down on your volume rocker,you will go to the bootloader.
3)Once in bootloader,scroll to hboot usb,make sure you have HTC sync installed on your pc.
4)Once your phone connects to your pc,open it up and you will be in the root of your sd card,go here.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...k+Tremors+A2SD and install this.
5)before you have installed DT's Apps2sd,create new folders on your sd card,drag and drop the rom of your choice onto your sd card also.
6)Now go disconnect from your pc and reboot into your recovery,wipe everything but your sd card and install the new rom.
You should now be golden.
☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣

☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣
Android Terms,Slang,Definitions & Guides!REVISED!
☠☠☠Toshiba Build Box☠☠☠HTC Supersonic EVO☠☠☠Acer A500☠☠☠LG Optimus G☠☠☠Casio G'zOne Commando☠☠☠

The Following User Says Thank You to Diablo67 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]