Simple guide to [VM firmware recovery thread] v2

16th May 2012, 01:33 AM   |  #481  
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 634

1,410 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerray

you punish your phone? Like you chain it up and force to endure a envasive back dooring from an iphone?

Oh don't act like I'm the only one that does that....am I the only one?? :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Will32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #482  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 193

1,021 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdNoob

Oh don't act like I'm the only one that does that....am I the only one?? :P

Judging by the time spent since your post, I'm gonna go with yes. Lol. Nailed it.

Not much out of unknown today, must be dealing with his friends. Feel bad for the guy.

Sent from my Sprint/Virgin Mobile hybrid
Last edited by jlechner; 16th May 2012 at 04:09 AM.
16th May 2012, 04:49 AM   |  #483  
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 634

1,410 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlechner

Judging by the time spent since your post, I'm gonna go with yes. Lol. Nailed it.

Not much out of unknown today, must be dealing with his friends. Feel bad for the guy.

Sent from my Sprint/Virgin Mobile hybrid

Yeah, hes got a lot going on.

Back on topic now, after all that other stuff, have you tried to get your AAA shared secret? After reading I found that its phone specific just like the MEID and ESN, and sprint uses it to provision the phone. I also found that "secret" is the HA shared secret and its not phone specific. Some people cant get 3g and I wonder if this matters.

Maybe you know this but ill say it for anyone interested, getting to the AAA shared secret Isnt hard once you've done it once, I was using the wrong version of QXDM, youll need version 03.11.36. open it up and go to options/communications then set target port to the port your phone is on (make sure you dial ##diag#). Now in the command window type "spc 000000" no qutoes of course and 000000 = your msl. then type "requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof" and itll show you some stuff, look at the lower stuff called DIAG RX item. theirs 16 lines for each password (AAA & HA). the characters after 0x are the keys. Its supposed to be 30 characters total. The weird thing is, I have a few characters beside the HA lines but all my AAA lines have zeros.

Edit... that first request command was for the profile 0 passwords , this is the command to get profile 1 "Requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof 1" , which is also all zeroed out on mine. I wish someone that didnt take the vmfw could look at theirs and tell me if its all zeroed out.

Yesterday Unknownforce said his phone worked with a testers radio config but the testers phone didnt work with it. Maybe Unknown has his pass and the tester doesnt? Just trying to stir up some ideas here...
Last edited by Will32; 16th May 2012 at 05:07 AM.
16th May 2012, 07:13 AM   |  #484  
Thanks Meter: 222

359 posts
FIXED IT!!!

Fing a. Got my phone to connect to mobile network again.

Here a link to Pic of phone
16th May 2012, 07:30 AM   |  #485  
Thanks Meter: 222

359 posts

I'm jumping for joy, no more vm. Hope I can get hold of Unknown tomorrow, err today. Give him the low down so he can fix his repair tool.

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jcfunk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 08:11 AM   |  #486  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 155

350 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfunk

I'm jumping for joy, no more vm. Hope I can get hold of Unknown tomorrow, err today. Give him the low down so he can fix his repair tool.

Sweet baby Jesus.
16th May 2012, 10:02 AM   |  #487  
Thanks Meter: 7

47 posts
I get "Lack of Heap!" when I bootloader tries to flash the 2.17 PG86IMG.zip at the end of the guide. CRC checks out fine and I followed your direction to the letter AFAIK. Help please?
16th May 2012, 10:17 AM   |  #488  
Flag Greenville, n.c.
Thanks Meter: 30

177 posts
Quote:

You did you have mobile running but why is it showing WiFi and not 3 or 4g just asking
16th May 2012, 12:01 PM   |  #489  
Flag Nassau County, NY
Thanks Meter: 82

428 posts
More
This effin VM virus must really be a tough one to crack for the great minds in this forum. My only issue is the VM banner and QPST doesn't work for me and Leedroid is just masking my problem. My option of placing my phone between the concrete and my front tire (driver side so i can hear it to finally crack the virus) is very, very tempting.
16th May 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #490  
Flag Lima, OH
Thanks Meter: 184

393 posts
More
Quote:

So you were one of his testers?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in EVO 3D CDMA Android Development by ThreadRank