XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Simple guide to [VM firmware recovery thread] v2

Tip us?

Wikd
Old
Thanks Meter 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerray View Post
you punish your phone? Like you chain it up and force to endure a envasive back dooring from an iphone?
Oh don't act like I'm the only one that does that....am I the only one?? :P
Sprint GS3

Need Dropbox?
The Following User Says Thank You to Wikd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jlechner
Old
(Last edited by jlechner; 16th May 2012 at 04:09 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdNoob View Post
Oh don't act like I'm the only one that does that....am I the only one?? :P
Judging by the time spent since your post, I'm gonna go with yes. Lol. Nailed it.

Not much out of unknown today, must be dealing with his friends. Feel bad for the guy.

Sent from my Sprint/Virgin Mobile hybrid
My R1 ran 4,000,000 in quadrant....

Wikd
Old
(Last edited by Wikd; 16th May 2012 at 05:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlechner View Post
Judging by the time spent since your post, I'm gonna go with yes. Lol. Nailed it.

Not much out of unknown today, must be dealing with his friends. Feel bad for the guy.

Sent from my Sprint/Virgin Mobile hybrid

Yeah, hes got a lot going on.

Back on topic now, after all that other stuff, have you tried to get your AAA shared secret? After reading I found that its phone specific just like the MEID and ESN, and sprint uses it to provision the phone. I also found that "secret" is the HA shared secret and its not phone specific. Some people cant get 3g and I wonder if this matters.

Maybe you know this but ill say it for anyone interested, getting to the AAA shared secret Isnt hard once you've done it once, I was using the wrong version of QXDM, youll need version 03.11.36. open it up and go to options/communications then set target port to the port your phone is on (make sure you dial ##diag#). Now in the command window type "spc 000000" no qutoes of course and 000000 = your msl. then type "requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof" and itll show you some stuff, look at the lower stuff called DIAG RX item. theirs 16 lines for each password (AAA & HA). the characters after 0x are the keys. Its supposed to be 30 characters total. The weird thing is, I have a few characters beside the HA lines but all my AAA lines have zeros.

Edit... that first request command was for the profile 0 passwords , this is the command to get profile 1 "Requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof 1" , which is also all zeroed out on mine. I wish someone that didnt take the vmfw could look at theirs and tell me if its all zeroed out.

Yesterday Unknownforce said his phone worked with a testers radio config but the testers phone didnt work with it. Maybe Unknown has his pass and the tester doesnt? Just trying to stir up some ideas here...
Sprint GS3

Need Dropbox?

jcfunk
Old
Thanks Meter 96
FIXED IT!!!

Fing a. Got my phone to connect to mobile network again.

Here a link to Pic of phone

jcfunk
Old
Thanks Meter 96

I'm jumping for joy, no more vm. Hope I can get hold of Unknown tomorrow, err today. Give him the low down so he can fix his repair tool.

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jcfunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

G.Newton
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfunk View Post

I'm jumping for joy, no more vm. Hope I can get hold of Unknown tomorrow, err today. Give him the low down so he can fix his repair tool.

Sweet baby Jesus.
Phone: Nexus 5, 16gb Black (AIO Wireless)
Software: 4.4.2 Stock
Recovery: CWM Touch 6.0.4.5

Retired: Galaxy Nexus (Sprint LTE, '13), Galaxy S II (Sprint WiMAX, '12-'13), HTC Evo 3D (Sprint WiMAX '11-'12), Samsung Moment ('09-'11)

Who says Sprint's LTE is slow?

oblivion2k
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I get "Lack of Heap!" when I bootloader tries to flash the 2.17 PG86IMG.zip at the end of the guide. CRC checks out fine and I followed your direction to the letter AFAIK. Help please?

Jamesredmond82
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:

You did you have mobile running but why is it showing WiFi and not 3 or 4g just asking
President of the Android Nation Chapter
Stationed in Pitt County, North Carolina

Jay Law Babyyyyyyy

Motto: (SINGING) WE ROOT IT AND BOOT IT

gingson
Old
Thanks Meter 82
This effin VM virus must really be a tough one to crack for the great minds in this forum. My only issue is the VM banner and QPST doesn't work for me and Leedroid is just masking my problem. My option of placing my phone between the concrete and my front tire (driver side so i can hear it to finally crack the virus) is very, very tempting.
Samsung GS4 16GB
Recovery: Stock
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock

jayjam99
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:

So you were one of his testers?