Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][ 2.8][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.3.x TeamWin Recovery Project 12/23

OP bigbiff

11th May 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #11  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,319
 
4,821 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

do we have to remove cwm to install this?
does it become your default recovery when you install it?

thanks

Yes you cannot have more than one recovery installed. You can always reflash cwm if you need to with TWRP.
11th May 2012, 12:26 PM   |  #12  
wase4711's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,152
 
9,560 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
so, what is the recommended procedure to uninstall CWM, and install TWRP?
when you flash twrp, does it ask you if you want to uninstall CWM?


thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 01:15 PM   |  #13  
dsmitty166's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sioux Center, Iowa
Thanks Meter: 2,873
 
2,579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Looking good man. Installed from goo.im with no issues. Except even after mounting sd/ext, the external is blank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
11th May 2012, 01:34 PM   |  #14  
sdc177's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 20
 
508 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
I hope this is a sign of other things to come

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
11th May 2012, 01:45 PM   |  #15  
dsmitty166's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sioux Center, Iowa
Thanks Meter: 2,873
 
2,579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Actually I discovered when selecting internal vs external, they are reversed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to dsmitty166 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 02:10 PM   |  #16  
assaace's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Backup rom with cmw it takes more than 5minutes.
When i use this twrp2 it only takes few seconds, is it normal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
11th May 2012, 02:15 PM   |  #17  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,319
 
4,821 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

so, what is the recommended procedure to uninstall CWM, and install TWRP?
when you flash twrp, does it ask you if you want to uninstall CWM?


thanks

Flashing the zip through CWM overwrites the recovery partition with TWRP2. It's like installing a ROM that overwrites /system.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #18  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,319
 
4,821 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmitty166

Looking good man. Installed from goo.im with no issues. Except even after mounting sd/ext, the external is blank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Try going in and out of the Install page. I noticed a refresh bug sometimes happens after changing from internal sd to external sd and vice versa.

EDIT:
Just read your next post. You are saying that the internal and external cards are reversed? Can you verify this for me? I didn't have this issue.
11th May 2012, 02:25 PM   |  #19  
dsmitty166's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sioux Center, Iowa
Thanks Meter: 2,873
 
2,579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbiff

Try going in and out of the Install page. I noticed a refresh bug sometimes happens after changing from internal sd to external sd and vice versa.

EDIT:
Just read your next post. You are saying that the internal and external cards are reversed? Can you verify this for me? I didn't have this issue.

Yeah man, just looked again

select use internal...and only see external
select use external...and only see internal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
11th May 2012, 02:35 PM   |  #20  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,319
 
4,821 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbiff

Try going in and out of the Install page. I noticed a refresh bug sometimes happens after changing from internal sd to external sd and vice versa.

EDIT:
Just read your next post. You are saying that the internal and external cards are reversed? Can you verify this for me? I didn't have this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assaace

Backup rom with cmw it takes more than 5minutes.
When i use this twrp2 it only takes few seconds, is it normal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

There is a GUI bug that sometimes shows successful but the console will still show that its running. We are looking into this issue. Make sure to pay attention to the console if this bug happens and please send me a copy of /tmp/recovery.log. You can used the Advanced Page to copy the logfile to sdcard.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
att, gui, note, twrp2, xml
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes