5,597,261 Members 40,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] Kitkat CM (014) Hybrid (UV/FastCharge/S2w/Intelliplug/Intelliactive)[Mar-17]

Tip us?

faux123
Old
(Last edited by faux123; 17th March 2014 at 06:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32648

DONATE TO ME
Wink [Kernel] Kitkat CM (014) Hybrid (UV/FastCharge/S2w/Intelliplug/Intelliactive)[Mar-17]

Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

[normal mode]
1. download the above file (via phone directly or to a PC)
2. copy the downloaded zip file to /sdcard/download/
3. extract boot.img from the zip file to a location of your choice ON YOUR PC
4. open up a command window (Windows) or shell terminal (Linux/Mac)
5. connect USB cable to the phone
6. type "adb reboot bootloader"
[fastboot mode]
7. type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
8. Once fastboot flash is completed, disconnect the USB cable
9. Select hboot using volume buttons on the phone
[recovery mode]
10. Select recovery
11. go to /sdcard/download and select the downloaded zip file and let it run its script.
12. Once the script is done, select "reboot system now"

Note: After FLASHING, the first reboot may take longer than usual, please be patient... After the first reboot, it may lag during initial load (let everything finish loading). Once everything is loaded and phone is ready for use, reboot the phone a 2nd time and the lag will be gone and everything should be silky smooth...

****************** KitKat KERNEL (Android Version 4.4.x) ******************

Change Log => http://faux.romhost.me/endeavoru/kk44/changelog.txt

(Mainline Edition: All Variants => 1.40 Quad)
The File ==> One-X Kernel Mainline <==

OLD OLD DEPRECATED KERNELS BELOW

****************** Ice Cream Sandwich KERNEL (Android Version 4.0.x) ******************
(Mainline Edition: All Variants => 1.40 Quad)
The File ==> One-X Kernel Mainline <==

(Ultimate Edition: Variant based CPU overclocking: Variant 3 => 1.60 Quad, Variant 2 => 1.55 Quad, Variant 1 => 1.50 Quad)
The File ==> One-X Kernel Ultimate <==

************** ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT FOR THIS VERSION AT ALL, DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO POST **************
(Ultimate Edition: Variant FREE CPU overclocking: Variant 3 => 1.60 Quad, Variant 2/1/0 => 1.55 Quad)
The File ==> One-X Kernel Variant Free <==

[ Advanced Users: ]

How to find tegra3 CPU variant information with my kernels:

use terminal or file explorer of your choice with root access and read/open this following file below:

Code:
/sys/kernel/debug/t3_variant
cpu_process_id <== is the variant info range from 0~3

[ Optional: ]

[ For Kernel Devlopers ONLY: ]

NEWS BULLETIN:

One-X kernel 012 is out based on latest CM release!

Please don't hesitate to talk among yourselves and help each other out... The XDA community is what inspired me to hack kernels for everyone since everyone here is nice and helpful to each other... Keep helping each other.... Famous proverb: It's better to give than to receive...

Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

My github Complying with GPL
https://github.com/faux123/android_kernel_htc_endeavoru

Follow me on :

If you find this Kernel useful, feel free to hit the [Like] button below
How to report Kernel Bugs!
Newest GeekTalk
Fight against Trolls, up vote my threads back to normal (1 star was due to trolling) Thanks!
FauxClock FAQ
The Following 416 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faux123
Old
(Last edited by faux123; 8th June 2012 at 08:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32648

DONATE TO ME
History:

Change Log
Newest GeekTalk
Fight against Trolls, up vote my threads back to normal (1 star was due to trolling) Thanks!
FauxClock FAQ
The Following 103 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faux123
Old
(Last edited by faux123; 5th November 2012 at 05:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32648

DONATE TO ME
DUE TO MY EXTREMELY BUSY SCHEDULE BOTH @ WORK AND @ HOME, I WILL ONLY MAKE MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS ONCE PER WEEK
Open Beta may not be stable and may cause issues with your phone!

By loading open beta you have agreed to:

1. To report all random reboots with associated /proc/last_kmsg
2. To provide feedback on errors or bugs with detail phone information such as ROM, kernel version, and apps
3. Participate in Forum discussions for the beta software with others without FLAMING each other or post useless information such as:
a} Phone doesn't boot (without providing any additional information, ROM versions etc)
b} phone is too hot (without providing any additional information, ie OC freq, UV etc)

The Open Beta system is designed to have the community help each other and the developers. This way, all potential bugs are flushed out so the final released version will be stable and error free. The more actively you participate in Beta Testing the better the final product will be (you are really helping yourself to create a better community software).

If you do NOT agree with the statements above, DO NOT load my Open Beta software.

Kernel 012 Open Beta 1 is out! (BETAs ARE ALWAYS ULTIMATE + Variant Free unless I stated otherwise)

ICS ==> http://faux.androidro.ms/endeavoru/b...x123-012b1.zip

[ build 1 ]
Add Low Power (LP) core overdrive
(What is LP overdrive? LP core is capable of running up to 620 MHz @ 1.3 volts, so I simply unlocked the LP core to allow it to operate @ max freq. The overdrive also adjust the G cluster / LP core cross over point. The stock version was @ 475MHz LP / 370 MHz G-cluster, I moved the cross over point to 620MHz LP / 513 MHz G-cluster).

What does all this mean? It means LP core is now able to handle more load up to 620MHz single core before switching over to the more power hunger G-Clusters. This should theoretically save more battery life (since LP core is designed to very power frugal in Hardware). When you check the CPU stats with CPUSpy, you will see the cross over points 513MHz and 620 MHz to have high usage time. <== THIS is normal because the stats counts BOTH the LP time and the G-Cluster time so it appears to have more time than other frequencies.
Newest GeekTalk
FauxClock FAQ
The Following 80 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faux123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32648

DONATE TO ME
reserved 3
Newest GeekTalk
FauxClock FAQ
The Following 59 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sparky_boi
Old
Thanks Meter 21
SWEET FAUX IS HERE TOO!

Flashing now
The Following User Says Thank You to sparky_boi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danward
Old
Thanks Meter 435

DONATE TO ME
Woot. First post . Thanks faux !

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Edit: beat me to first :P

If something I did helped you, don't hesitate to thank me !

ttav
Old
Thanks Meter 1185
Great to see you here

Samsung Galaxy Note III (N9005)
Omega v4.0

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010)
Omega v2.1
Zeus Kernel V3.0

Nexus 7
CleanROM 4.0

Goku80
Old
Thanks Meter 6472
Welcome. Heard many good stuff about your work and very glad that you are here. Rated your thread 5 stars and thanked you as well Hope you get your phone soon

Wiingy
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Thanks, looking forward to trying this out, will flash later tonight with a fresh ARHD 5.1.1
HTC One XL
ROM: Team Venom ViperXL 3.2.8
Kernel: ElementalX-7.0.2
Radio: 1.26a.32.45.19_10.134.32.34aL Telstra

ASUS TF201
ROM: AndroWook Prime HairyBean v2.3 by flumpster
Kernel: Hundsbuah Kernel

MarcoHD
Old
Thanks Meter 658

DONATE TO ME
Nice to see you here mate. have you a changelog for us?

Links to my GPS tweaks
HTC One X|HTC One S|HTC Desire HD

Tags
best kernel, faux kernel, kernel god, one x kernel