No Email apps with threading? Seriously?

OP RubenRybnik

11th May 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cary, NC
Thanks Meter: 147

547 posts
More
Looking for an app that does Email threading by topic, specifically Exchange, although Gmail would also be nice if it has all the features of the official GMail app as well. Outlook on Windows has great threading by "Conversation"( Really Topic ), I've looked at all the Android email apps and can't believe I haven't found one that does this. It would also be great if it had tablet optimizations in the layout, but I'd settle for just the phone version on tablet if it has threading.

I settled on Enhanced Email awhile back, and that works pretty well( although not a great Tablet UI ), but doesn't seem to offer threading. Don't know if K-9 does threading as I can't seem to get it connected to my works Exchange server. If someone verifies K-9 has threading then I'll work harder to try to get it hooked into my corporate Exchange server.

Am I missing something, is there an Email app out there that does this? Seems like a no brainer feature to me, and I expected any good client to have it, but apparently not, unless I've overlooked something.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
23rd August 2012, 11:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenRybnik

Looking for an app that does Email threading by topic

Apparently not! I've looked high and low. I am frankly amazed how few people know about email threading after all of these years. Google didn't invent it, and they don't even use the standard way of doing it (In-Reply-To header). Thunderbird does it beautifully and I live and die by threading to keep all of my email straight! Google's email even in JellyBean is pretty weak.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread