XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't Mount SD Card in ClockWorkMod Recovery

Tip us?

xitzjonnyx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Can't Mount SD Card in ClockWorkMod Recovery

So ive been at this for 2 days. I finally got the micro sd card with both files to install rom but in clockworkmod recovery i cant mount sd card nor format or anything. I can mount and unmount in the normal settings of the device and see it in root explorer but thats it. Its formatted to fat32. also on rom manager where it says to install from sdcard it only takes u to the internal sdcard which makes no sense because i was told u cant install a rom from the internal sdcard.
PS. This is my first Android Device!!!!

pootklopp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default yeah

I am in the exact same situation. I am rooted on 4.0.3 and I wanted to install 4.0.4 or one of the custom ROM's. This is not my first android device but I am at a loss. I can not enter fastboot, can't load anything from the SD card in CWM recovery (get the message E:Can't mount /sdcard/), can not connect via ADB on my PC.

I feel that I have enough skill to do all of this because I have done it in the past. My ADB works fine with my Galaxy Nexus (just updated that and installed new kernel) so I don't know what is causing the problem. I have tried different SD cards(3) as well and nothing.

The biggest problem is I can not get into fastboot and SBF if I wanted to. I have been having issues with drivers even though I have installed motohelper like 6 million times.

I have tried factory resets and wipes and everything. I tried to do the factory update that is being pushed to me and I get an error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this is stealing your thread but I think we are having the same problems.

xitzjonnyx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
check out my thread at xoomforums:
I PM'd it to u cus it dont let me put it here
Read all 3 pages. I think it will help u. posted same question there and a guy suggested to install the rogue cwm 1.5 recory via adb fastboot or whatever. he says that will read your sdcards. if i were u id try and fastboot on a different pc cus it looks like thats what we both have to do unfortunately. it looks like a pain!!! u have a xoom?
The Following User Says Thank You to xitzjonnyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

platt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anyone figured out how to sort this?? really frustrating it just sayin E:can't mount sd card.. any help will be appreciated!!

okantomi
Old
Thanks Meter 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by platt View Post
anyone figured out how to sort this?? really frustrating it just sayin E:can't mount sd card.. any help will be appreciated!!
If you are using CWM recovery from Rom Manager (not recommended for Xoom) it does only read your internal flash memory (called sdcard) but not your external microsd card (called external1???). So you need to flash a different custom recovery using adb/fastboot to flash a recovery.image file or, if you can flash through cwm (from internal sdcard) a recovery.zip file (either EOS or Rogue, depending on the ROM you will flash afterwards), Actually, any custom recovery is supposed to work for any rom, but in reality Eos works best for Eos and Rogue works best for the CM9 Kang.

Please, just remember, never flash a .zip file through fastboot, only an .image file!
Transformer Infinity 32Gb - JB 4.1.1
ROM: CROMI v4.4 with _that kernel
Nexus 7 32Gb - JB 4.2.2
ROM: between sparksco's sabremod and sbdags' CROMi with M-kernel
SGS2 Epic 4G Touch - JB 4.2.2
ROM: Evervolv, Baked or Magical Unicorn
Xoom WiFi - JB 4.2.1
ROM: EOS 4 Wingray Nightly 180
Rockin' TWRP Touch Recovery on everything!

When someone--anyone--helps you, give them a THANKS!
The Following User Says Thank You to okantomi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fugitive87
Old
Thanks Meter 10
+1 i agree with the above, fixed this last night. I download a couple recovery images, which were blank for some reason, so i downloaded the zips and extracted the recovery image folder. Then opened the command window from the folder with the recovery image and flashed it with fastboot. Now it works perfect.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
Android devices:
Motorola Photon unlocked & rooted.
Motorola Xoom unlocked & rooted.
Droid Eris rooted & retired.

TheAv8tor
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Fastboot

I had to use fastboot to flash an entire stock config when I got stuck in this loop.

Fugitive87
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAv8tor View Post
I had to use fastboot to flash an entire stock config when I got stuck in this loop.
Atleast you got it out, mines been acting up since i flashed cm9. I think i might have to do that

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
Android devices:
Motorola Photon unlocked & rooted.
Motorola Xoom unlocked & rooted.
Droid Eris rooted & retired.

Ipse_Tase
Old
(Last edited by Ipse_Tase; 2nd July 2012 at 05:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by okantomi View Post
If you are using CWM recovery from Rom Manager (not recommended for Xoom) it does only read your internal flash memory (called sdcard) but not your external microsd card (called external1???). So you need to flash a different custom recovery using adb/fastboot to flash a recovery.image file or, if you can flash through cwm (from internal sdcard) a recovery.zip file (either EOS or Rogue, depending on the ROM you will flash afterwards), Actually, any custom recovery is supposed to work for any rom, but in reality Eos works best for Eos and Rogue works best for the CM9 Kang.

Please, just remember, never flash a .zip file through fastboot, only an .image file!
Thanks for saving the last half of my hair which I hadn't pulled out yet.
Got the backup on SD ONLY after flashing the EOS recovery 1.5.0 (i tried the latest to begin with, did not work, made it worse flashing recovery from ROM Mgr)

http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/moto...e-roof-59.html has this particular recovery listed.

I still cannot boot in recovery using power+volUP...i have to get at least adb running. Any suggestion would be golden.
Note 3 4.4.2 Stock
Ouya 1.2.858 RC1 + StockPlus Patch
Kobo Arc10HD 4.2.2 Stock
==========================
Get 5GB (!!!) extra storage space when using this referral link for 15GB free space at copy.com:
https://copy.com?r=fnQPXa for a total of 20GB.

pvinayraju2k4
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy error mounting /internal_sdcard!

error mounting /internal_sdcard! pls help me it got stuck in boot loop tried to wipe cache and user data bt cwm says error mounting /internal_sdcard!